Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Nov 16, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
New iphone 64Gb - anyone seen deals?

Hello all,
I'm desperately trying to buy a new iphone outright, either a 6 or a 6S (the normal size not the plus). Thing is I really want a 64Gb.

I teach fitness classes so have heaps of music and hour long videos that I would really like to be on my phone as you never know when you might need it, and I run out of room on a 32gb.

I really don't need a 128gb though, and don't want to pay out for one really.

Ideally I'd love a rose gold 6S in 64gb, but otherwise any 64gb in a 6 or a 6S.

Has anyone seen any? I'm seeing mostly 32gb or 128gb, or its over £700, crazy when I could get a 128gb from Apple itself for £599 (more than I really wanted to spend), a 32gb is £499 but too small
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

Try giff gaff? Or look at a refurb but one from a 'reputable' dealer - Currys, Argos etc. My friend has an IT business and part of that is repairing iphones/screens etc. He says he gets no end of dodgy phones in from people who have bought them off ebay sellers/random mobile phone repairers etc, and he advised me against these. I have also read stories about people buying iphones, taking them to the Apple store and them telling them it's not a legitimate phone as they don't recognise the serial number (I have no idea how this could happen?)...

I've heard good things about CeX but then it can depend on the store you buy from as some are franchise - the main, CeX stores are meant to be OK.

I'm still looking for a refurb for my DD1 for Xmas and same as you, won't touch a 16gb (32 gb would be OK but there are hardly any around now - in fact I'm sure iphone 6 etc don't come in that size). I was initially going to go for a 5S but I'm thinking about it now and reconsidering. I have the SE 64gb which is nice, but don't know if I can justify buying my 11 year old the same (expensive!) phone as myself - was actually starting to think about changing mine and giving her my SE as it's only a few months old!

I feel your pain - it's a case of looking and looking. I was also wondering if there'll be any deals on Black Friday/Cyber Monday so not sure if it's worth hanging on.
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Thanks, I was recommended Gifgaff, but they don't have any 64's in stock, if they did, I think I'd just go for it.
I am always a bit wary of reburbs, as they say condition good etc, don't know how much they have been used.
Will have a look at CeX though, thanks
Old 1 Nov 16, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
5gotodisney
Excited about Disney

New 6s is only available in either 32gb or 128gb. Apple aren't offering the 64gb in the 6s new. As someone else said a refurbished or secondhand one, or possibly some old stock if you're lucky.

I bought a 32gb 6s on Sunday from the apple store and the lad who served me said that they had stopped the 64gb 6s when they launched the iphone 7.
5gotodisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 16, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Mobile

What about eBay? I got a 64gb 6S Plus for £460 and it's in perfect condition. Loving not being reminded everyday that my storage is full!
Old 1 Nov 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 5gotodisney View Post
New 6s is only available in either 32gb or 128gb. Apple aren't offering the 64gb in the 6s new. As someone else said a refurbished or secondhand one, or possibly some old stock if you're lucky.

I bought a 32gb 6s on Sunday from the apple store and the lad who served me said that they had stopped the 64gb 6s when they launched the iphone 7.
This makes sense as I am struggling to find one, it's very annoying though, I literally want something in between those sizes typically!
Old 1 Nov 16, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
What about eBay? I got a 64gb 6S Plus for £460 and it's in perfect condition. Loving not being reminded everyday that my storage is full!
I have found one on eBay but I'm a little worried about the lack of comeback if it isn't as listed. I feel like I'll either get a massive bargain or regret my purchase very much.
Good to hear you had a good experience though, maybe I'll stick a cheeky bid on! 😊
Old 2 Nov 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BnDamo
Imagineer

BnDamo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 12
If the storage is the most important thing for your work/music get an iPod instead £279 for the 64gb and £379 for the 128gb.
BnDamo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 16, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BnDamo View Post
If the storage is the most important thing for your work/music get an iPod instead £279 for the 64gb and £379 for the 128gb.
I have iPods, but just like everything to be in one place, so really looking for a phone, but thanks 😊
Old 2 Nov 16, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

What about the refurbed section on apples website?
Also check cex as someone's mentioned, I think o2 do the refurbished models too.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread