Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jan 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Surprised you buy a paper, not many do these days.
That's quite funny Sue because you can get all the news you want on the Internet and if the OP didn't buy the paper he would be saving more money than the difference between delivered and shop bought milk
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Surprised you buy a paper, not many do these days.
I thought that too, also thought giving up the paper would probably save on the extra the milk cost.
Old 14 Jan 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
That's quite funny Sue because you can get all the news you want on the Internet and if the OP didn't buy the paper he would be saving more money than the difference between delivered and shop bought milk
I thought same lol.
Old 14 Jan 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
I thought same lol.
I think it's called " false economy "
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
avibelle
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Tom I remember how full of joy my mum was when the milkman started delivering other stuff too, I'm sure it started with fresh farm eggs then fresh orange juice, I can imagine they would have to deliver all sorts now to keep the trade going .wonder if they do full fat, semi skimmed,half fat etc...and does it still come in proper milk bottles ?
i remember the milk man would bring fresh orange juice and flat top milk and leave double on a saturday nothing was nicer than that oj , i also remember it was a massive thing when he started to bring spuds
avibelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dh said today if we stop doing the lottery it will save us £500 per year, so I argued but then agreed. I will do it at the shop instead of online and if I win you wont see me for dust!
Old 14 Jan 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=Lilly3580;12214126]If you think it's the right thing to do then just be honest, I'm all for a little white lie to hide a nice suprise. I'd be more hurt my husband had lied about something so trivial than the milk being cancelled.

Exactly this!

I would be really upset if my husband lied about something like this - it's a completely pointless thing to lie about and to me it's certainly not worth the risk of your wife feeling like she can't trust you.

Trust is a massive thing for most people and I never understand people lying so unnecessarily .

A white lie to me, is as the above poster put it - hiding a nice surprise - not for actual lying.

Sorry probably sounds harsh, but we've put up with DH's sister lying over trivial things all our lives and I now don't trust her an inch, which is a horrible way to feel. And I just don't get lying over such pointless stuff
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

As others have said it not a white lie, it's an out and out lie. I'd be ticked off that my husband had lied to me. But even more ticked off that he artibrarily decided that my opinion on something was so valueless that he could just override it because that's what suited him.

Edited at 07:52 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

I'd be incredibly disappointed that you lied to me if I was your wife..
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
I think its ridiculous to even lie over something like this.. And if my husband did the same he'd be told just how pathetic it was..

Lie once and get caught and you'll be doubted the next time you say something..
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List