Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 24 Jan 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Miami to Orlando drive..

Hello

So I was just wondering as we'll be doing this drive on our next holiday, we'll be flying in to Miami & driving up to Orlando.

I know it takes roughly 3.5 hours..

For those of you who have driven, which route do you take?

Do you know if there are tolls on both routes?

Thanks
Old 24 Jan 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
james weir
Imagineer

The drive will take nearer 4.5 hours,the traffic leaving Miami is always heavy,the
mileage is 240,the speed limir is between 60 and 70 and the FHP are everywhere.
It is ideal to spend the night at Miami Airport,we use the La Quinta,which is 5 minutes
from the terminal and set of in the morning,you have 2 main routes the Turnpike,the
Interstate and the US 27 which is the one we use as you see the real Florida,and their
is plenty of places that you can stop
james weir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
avibelle
Getting Excited

we did this last year, we went on the turnpike, stopped over night at baco ratan it was ok but very busy leaving the airport, .
avibelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

The drive is around 4hrs depending on time of day and traffic.
If you take the turnpike there are tolls and it will cost around $25 in toll fees but if your using Toll by plate which you have no choice as there are cash less tolls on the way out of Miami it will cost you more unless you buy a mini sun pass.

You can also travel up the 27 takes a little longer about 30 minutes last time I did it, there are no Tolls involved on this route and the traffic is very light.

If you do not mind the drive I do not feel the need to stay over on route we just tend to stop off for a few breaks and grab a coffee.
I find it a very easy drive and will be doing it in September as it saved us a lot of money on our flights.
Old 25 Jan 17, 01:29 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Mobile

As long as I think that I will get there at the latest around midnight I go up the turnpike.
Old 25 Jan 17, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Excellent thanks everyone..

So we'll travel up the 27 then & we'll see more of real Florida & no tolls?

We've booked a room in Miami for the night in Sunny Isles beach, so we'll probably get up early & head off..
Old 25 Jan 17, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We stayed near the airport in Miami and then set off early via an IHOP breakfast. Travelled up the us27 and called at Walmart for a stop for a few bits on the way. Took about 4 hours with a couple of stops. Still in Orlando before lunch. Decided to do the toll road back cost about $25 in tolls it was a bit quicker but not by much and it was a very boring journey and Only service type places to stop at. Would stick to the us27 if we did it again.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

That's great, Thank you.
Old 25 Jan 17, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We stayed near the airport in Miami and then set off early via an IHOP breakfast. Travelled up the us27 and called at Walmart for a stop for a few bits on the way. Took about 4 hours with a couple of stops. Still in Orlando before lunch. Decided to do the toll road back cost about $25 in tolls it was a bit quicker but not by much and it was a very boring journey and Only service type places to stop at. Would stick to the us27 if we did it again.
Where is Walmart on the us27? We are doing the same route in the summer and not sure whether to order from Garden Grocer or not. Thanks
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
pamela1960
VIP Dibber

If you are coming up the 27 from the South to the 'villa areas' you would use the Walmart on the 27 at Haines City by Southern Dunes
2 Twin with Jack & Jill bathroom
Games Room
Pool Spa
Free calls & wifi
Disney only 6 miles
Not back to back.
'Head & shoulders above any other villa owners we have used'
Kev Green
DIBB REVIEWS
Villa Licence DWE6314545

GUEST BOOK
PHOTOS
WEBSITE & VIDEO

George & Pamela
E: heronvilla@me.com
T: 07717 840979
pamela1960 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List