Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Aug 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyhm
VIP Dibber

POFQ vs POR?

We are booked into POFQ next August and we know it's a lovely hotel because we stayed there a couple of years ago.

My dh has just suggested maybe changing our reservation to stay at POR for a change.

Is this a good move? We are a family of four: my DD will be 12 and my DS 6.

Also do Disney charge for swapping hotels? Think POR will end up more expensive.

Thank you
Disneyhm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I think Disney charge £50 for an amendment to a booking - but only if the total cost reduces.
I just added on nights for us at French quarter and didn't get charged anything!

We haven't stayed st either before - we picked French quarter because of the smaller size and one bus stop so you don't have to go around all the stops before heading to the parks.

You can use all of the pools/etc at riverside when you stay at French quarter too I believe!
Old 25 Aug 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

IMO, the rooms are very similar and you can use the amenities at either resort. The upsides of FQ (single bus stop, beignets etc) seem more valuable to me than staying at POR just for a slight change of scenery, I'd rather walk over there as required.

If you do switch and POR is more expensive, there won't be any amendment fee. Historically, they also haven't charged for amends that end up costing the same but the CM I spoke to when I last made a change said they're updating their T&Cs to be the same as DLP which does charge for this. They will always charge if the cost decreases, currently it's a £50 (total, not PP) amend fee.

ETA: Above assumes you booked with WDTC directly. A third party agent may charge on top of these charges, I always go direct so can't confirm.

Edited at 05:29 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
trekkerglenn
Proud to wear my Ears

We stayed at POR, it's lovely. the rooms are great as at the time we were a family of 5 so the drop down bed really helped save costs of two rooms. Glad it was only a week onsite in one room though.

"Down by the Riverside" song grinds a little after a few days haha but overall a really lovely resort
trekkerglenn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

FQ is my absolute favourite but Riverside is nice too. The upsides of FQ mentioned by loldis swing it for me plus they are so close you can use the amenities of both easily anyway.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

POFQ for me... hands down.

Keep as is and enjoy!
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellibop
Excited about Disney

We've just returned from POFQ and LOVED it. We visited POR too and used the food court - it was much busier and more hectic than the one at FQ and they had the old style drinks machines whilst we had the (much better) Freestyle machines. I was in 2 minds about which to book before we went, but would definitely choose FQ for future trips.

POR looked lovely too by the way, but FQ was perfect for us.
Ellibop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellibop
Excited about Disney

With regards to price, it seems to fluctuate - some times FQ is more expensive, and other times POR is. I'm guessing it's influenced by occupancy and demand, or which levels of room are available..?
Ellibop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Does pofq have quiet pools?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
Does pofq have quiet pools?
No, only the main pool at POFQ

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List