Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 May 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 766
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob View Post
Just a heads up as school holidays approach for those fellow on-site Dibber's interested in Flight of Passage or Slinky Dog Dash fastpasses.

We all know they’re popular but today I found out how popular. You need to be quick!

60-day Fastpass+ inventory is available from 07:00 EST which is 12noon BST. If you want either of these two in the first few days, you need to be fast. I wasn’t looking for arrival day fastpasses so instead went for my 61-day and literally found no Pandora till 16:20. We are there for 2 weeks and found I could pick my time easily by the 5th night of my stay, but the first 4 nights had only afternoon availability for either Pandora and Slinky Dog.

So at 60 day (my arrival day that I’m not going into the parks) there’s no availability for either Pandora or Slinky Dog at all, simply none. 61-day, 62-day and 63-day, late afternoon only, 64 and 65 day is all afternoon, though not all times are available.

So, beware my fellow school-holiday Dibbers. If you want these two you’ve no chance on 30 days and, at least for me, no availability at 60 days. But be online at noon and you should get options for Pandora or Slinky for day after arrival, but you need to take what you’re offered straight away. I hesitated on Pandora at 63 days and found my first offered 16:10 became 16:50 in literally 2 minutes.

Happy hunting
Funny!
Our FP day was Monday and we didn’t manage to get on until late on Monday night. We got Skinky dog, Alien saucers and FOP twice in our fortnight and that was a party of 10 🤷

Proud DVC owner since 2007
I own at Animal Kingdom Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Tinkerbell 766 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 766 View Post
Funny!
Our FP day was Monday and we didn’t manage to get on until late on Monday night. We got Skinky dog, Alien saucers and FOP twice in our fortnight and that was a party of 10 🤷
I think bob might have posted his experience to highlight that if you want fp at 61 days for these rides book them quick - further into trip i.e. 65 or 66 days out, not so much of a problem.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

We always book backwards for hard to get rides like FoP so we would essentially be booking fp+ for the latter dates of our holiday first if that makes sense. That way we secure the times we want as even at 60 days out you might not get FoP, but at 70 plus days out you definitely will with pick of the times too.

Edited at 05:40 PM.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Funny!
I had same experience as the OP. Later in the holiday is fine, first few days availability is really restricted.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
i did our FP today at 60 days. I couldn't get Flight of Passage until 12pm a few days into our trip but I didn't struggle at all for the remainder of the two week stay - and that was for 6 people. Availability was high for flight of passage and all the toy story rides!

I was so worried after reading everything on here but as long as you start with your AK days latest in your trip and work back you'll be fine!
Old 12 May 18, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Funny!
Not funny, just as I said, searching 60 days out I found FP+ availability for FoP and SDD impossible for my first day, very difficult for the next two and somewhat restricted for days 4 & 5. Thereafter availability was very good and the later I went during my fortnight the more wide open they were.

My post is for those seeking to get FP+ 60-65 days out, and especially at 60 or 61 days, the one-nighter-on-siter. Be online at noon 60 days out to have any chance of getting these at 60 days. And to warn offsiters that summer holiday FP+ availability for the two is extremely unlikely at 30 days out.
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob View Post
Not funny, just as I said, searching 60 days out I found FP+ availability for FoP and SDD impossible for my first day, very difficult for the next two and somewhat restricted for days 4 & 5. Thereafter availability was very good and the later I went during my fortnight the more wide open they were.

My post is for those seeking to get FP+ 60-65 days out, and especially at 60 or 61 days, the one-nighter-on-siter. Be online at noon 60 days out to have any chance of getting these at 60 days. And to warn offsiters that summer holiday FP+ availability for the two is extremely unlikely at 30 days out.
Completely agree although it’s always worth checking on the day too as we picked up extra FoP fp+ on two different occasions last year for all 4 of us. You might have to refresh the app a few times but they do come up.
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disneywife
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

60 days today. Managed to get FoP no problem for day 3 (my preference) at 12:55. Got it another morning in the trip also at 9:30-10:30. Nabbed a slinky dog too so feeling pleased and relieved 😂
disneywife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneywife View Post
60 days today. Managed to get FoP no problem for day 3 (my preference) at 12:55. Got it another morning in the trip also at 9:30-10:30. Nabbed a slinky dog too so feeling pleased and relieved 😂
Good to hear these are achievable.

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

I hope to get on there a r o und 12.00 to book on our 60 days were doing AK on our first day and not planning on being in the park all day