Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 27 Jul 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rachelh
Trying for More Ears

Mvmcp

Is it worth paying for this event when you already have park tickets?
rachelh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

I had the same thoughts, I've not been before but in the end decided to go for it as I liked the look of the additional things that the party had to offer on top of a normal day at the park.

Everyone will be different though, maybe someone who has been can provide their experience.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Definitely worth it, if only once. Meeting the 7 Dwarves for photo's was great & without spoilers watching the parade in Main Street & seeing something you will never see again is worth it.
Old 30 Jul 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I attended one of the party’s last year in early December.

First impressions and thoughts Jesus it’s busy. This was the first time doing a party and couldn’t believe how busy it was considering it was a separate ticketed event. We went on a Tuesday night and found it very busy.

We took some advice from the Dibb and went into the park just before 4 for our party bands.

We then went and started queueing for seven dwarfs. We were lucky and got chatting to some nice people in the queue and before we knew it we were one of the first to have our pictures taken. We then had a nice walk round the park taking in the sights and the castle. I’ve been to Florida 11 times and seeing the castle at the Christmas party was the one and only time I was amazed.

The parade we got a spot around 80 mins on Main Street, this spoiled the night for us as I had to act like a bouncer the whole time to stop people standing in front of my little lad and wife who were sat on the floor. It got to a point I was pushing people away as they were standing on my wife trying to huddle into the smallest space. Granted we were in prime position on Main Street so that didn’t help matters.

The parade my god it’s just like you see the photos, can’t think of a better or more special time with my wife and little boy that having the parade and Main Street snowing with all three of us cuddled up watching it. Defiantly a once in a life time moment.

The fireworks were really good and the castle lighting show is really good. We also did stuff around the park if the queues were not long and plenty of cookie stops.

Did we expect to do everything? Simple answer no
After reading plenty of trip reports and feedback it is impossible to do everything. We decided to either queue for jack skellington sandy claws or the dwarfs. We opted for the dwarfs as my wife and sister in law had set their hearts on doing it. We left the party just after the fireworks due to us all being really cold and my little boy showing signs he had enough and if we would have made him stay later may have got upset or a handful.

Even with the chaos of watching the parade we all felt glad that we had attended it and certainly was the highlight of our trip. If money was no object we would have loved to of fitted another party in but money and time we just didn’t have enough with everything we did.

Until you see the nutcrackers marching down with the castle lit up behind them and the snow falling on Main Street the magic is real.

My best advice everyone chose something they would like to do and accomplish them. If you can stay for the 2nd parade as it’s much less crowded and while the first one is taking place do the characters. Most people with young children won’t wait for the 2nd one. Make sure you see one of them as personally this is the highlight of the evening
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
apple-fan
VIP Dibber

apple-fan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 19
This will be our first time at Disney during the Christmas period, we have done the Halloween party a couple of times and really enjoyed it, but have to say being a Christmas freak, I am so excited for MVMCP..

Disney Old Key West - August 2013
Disney Old Key West - August 2014
Disney Old Key West - August 2015
Disney Old Key West - Sept 2016
Disney Old Key West - Oct 2017
Disney Beach & Yacht Club - Nov 2019
Port Orleans (Riverside) - Nov 2023
apple-fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

My upcoming trip will be my first WDW trip anywhere near Christmas season... so I've bought a ticket for the very first MVMCP.

I'm still conflicted about whether it was worth the ticket price though given how pricey it is! But I know I'll regret not going at least once to see what it's like...
Old 6 Aug 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It will be our 4th party . I say every time it’s a ridiculous price to pay BUT we still go and have a great time . We always do the 2nd parade and keep to the back of the park until the fireworks . It empty’s after this and then it’s the best part of the night imo.
Is it worth the price , simple answer is no , is it worth the experience and you forget how much you’ve paid for it once there , yes every time .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List