Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Aug 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Have done everything from 1 week to 4 weeks!

3 weeks is fantastic and like mentioned the tempo is more relaxed. When you get to the final day of 2 weeks it’s such a uplifting feeling knowing you have a week still to go.

The strange thing is I often do more in 2 weeks than I did when I went for 3 and 4 weeks. If it rained or was tired just kept saying we’ll go or do it tomorrow. Before you know it your on the way to the airport

One thing to mention if you do go for a long period of time it is extremely difficult to get back into a work and life routine.

For some strange reason you seem to step into a bubble that when you return is difficult to step out.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I'd love to do three weeks but am not allowed that much time off work in one go.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Definitely 3 weeks, you can do things at a more leisurely pace. I am going with my niece next year and we have booked for 15 nights as that's all the time that she can get off. We are staying at All Star Sports between the 10th - 25th September but I am considering staying a bit longer by myself.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Would love to go for 3 weeks but as it’s only the 6 weeks holiday that most families can go away at work they only let you have 11 floating days off in a row as there only 7 co workers who work on my section so they only allow 2 section workers off at a time.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

So lots of reasons for the 3 weeks over 2 and if i could get that much time off I would stay for longer too. The rooms at the AS sports are not as nice as the ones at Pop, do you have a price for the movies for the 3 weeks? this would give you the same standard and style of room as they are pretty much all refurbed now and certainly will be when you are due to go.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've just got back from 3 weeks:

10 nights Beach Club
2 nights Animal Kingdom Lodge
4 nights Disney Dream
5 nights AirBnB house with pool

We've done three weeks for at least the last 4 or 5 years (generally Florida, although last year was California) and going for three weeks, if you can, would be my top tip.

On a two week holiday you a week in and are really just starting to get into things - you're properly in the timezone etc - and suddenly you're at the point where you have fewer nights to go than you've already had - you're on the dreaded end-of-holiday countdown.

With a three week trip, you don't have that at the one week point and that extra week will allow you to do so much more and/or take things at a gentler pace.

If you can do three weeks then do. I'm not sure you'd ever regret it.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by TelfordWolf View Post
Most of the cost is getting there usually
I don't think that's the case for most.

I've not added up what we spent on our three weeks yet, but I'd guess the total cost of our holiday was in excess of £15k. Of that, the flights were only £1,300 (we picked up cheap indirect Virgin flights).

Less than 10% of the total may be on the low side, but I can't imagine many people spend 51%+ of their total outlay on flights.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Absolutely do 3 weeks .
We have done 2 in the past before kids but now do 3 weeks if possible. Next year only doing 18 days because my eldest is in year 10 so we are having to do Easter ( yikes) and have nicked a few school days beforehand in the hope it doesn't impact too much and I get off without a fine this time.but not happy it's not a full 3 weeks.So much more relaxing in terms of not having to rush around etc... yep 3 weeks all the way.
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve always done 3 wks in Orlando because once we’ve paid for flights and park tickets, the extra accommodation and food price for the 3rd week is minimal in comparison.

Go for it!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

YES! Do it. No ifs ,no buts, do it.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List