Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 25 Aug 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Bro booked their July motor via Andy and recently for their Oct visit and will for next Easter - contact Andy irrespective of his online price, he goes above and beyond to locate a better price if he can, bro said that's standard with him, I get the impression Andy enjoys finding better rates as much as the hirer enjoys receiving them.

If on the fence re a car hire agent, make the most of Andy, he's worth it, bro used to spend time surfing cheap hire, he hasn't done so since I got him to use Andy.

Ironically, as we own a 20 year old Fl Chevy Suburban I only hire one day Budget hires if driving from/to MCO to Bokeelia - I don't waste Andy's time for one day hires.
Old 25 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We've booked with DFCH and done the olci. I thought we still had to print a copy of the rental agreement on arrival at mco alamo desk before heading to the parking garage,is that not correct? We have printout with barcode,so can we just head straight to parking garage?
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
We've booked with DFCH and done the olci. I thought we still had to print a copy of the rental agreement on arrival at mco alamo desk before heading to the parking garage,is that not correct? We have printout with barcode,so can we just head straight to parking garage?
The bar code page repeats all the information that was on the Alamo voucher than Andy sent you. You will get the agreement at the barrier as you drive out. No need to go anywhere near the Alamo desk in the terminal.

You can take the voucher print out as well if you like but the bar code is all we ever need. So yes straight to garage A or B.

Mick
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The bar code page repeats all the information that was on the Alamo voucher than Andy sent you. You will get the agreement at the barrier as you drive out. No need to go anywhere near the Alamo desk in the terminal.

You can take the voucher print out as well if you like but the bar code is all we ever need. So yes straight to garage A or B.

Mick
That's great thanks for confirming that, save us some precious time.
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

That's great thanks for confirming that, save us some precious time.
Hi Hulk, further to Gadgey Mick - if heading north to the 528 (to avoid driving round the airport loop), garage A exits onto the north side of the airport, B if heading south to the 417
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Hulk, further to Gadgey Mick - if heading north to the 528 (to avoid driving round the airport loop), garage A exits onto the north side of the airport, B if heading south to the 417
Great tip thanks,we've always gone to garage A and via 528 as that's the route the sat nav has taken us. We are staying in lbv, which route/garage would you recommend? Also silly question,we've always just come out at garage A so gone there, how do you get to garage B? 417 looks like a slightly quicker route but we've never gone this way before. Are there tolls?
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Great tip thanks,we've always gone to garage A and via 528 as that's the route the sat nav has taken us. We are staying in lbv, which route/garage would you recommend? Also silly question,we've always just come out at garage A so gone there, how do you get to garage B? 417 looks like a slightly quicker route but we've never gone this way before. Are there tolls?
Two part answer I'm afraid and first of all I'll cheat about the A and B side with this recent thread. Route options to follow

https://DIBB.in/14028184

Mick
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Response part 2

Six and two threes. We are going to the Highgate Park area for maybe the 20th time so we always go 417 south. Both options are around 20 miles. 417 route three tolls around $4-5 in total. 528 and I-4 one toll I think around $2.25 but we never use it.

417 has around 10% of the traffic that I-4 has.

Mick
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Sorry Hulk - I know nothing about Orlando area bar the road out of it I sent the lovely Sue, ILiveHereOrlando, who sadly died a couple of years ago, a PM asking whether A or B for the route I wanted.

Like Gadgey Mick we've used both 528 and 417 as we overnight with Brit pals afore driving down to Bokeelia, the 417, far and away, was the better road. In fact we were surprised how quickly we arrived at the Celebration off ramp leading to the 192.
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks ChrisS and mick, great help. Less traffic on the 417 sounds very appealing.
USA east-west June 16