Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Oct 19, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Fast Pass Queuing Time

Mornin'

When you go on an attraction using Fast Pass, how long do you usually queue for?

When I was at DLP earlier this year, when we used Fast Pass, say on Peter Pan, it would take about 10 minutes to queue using Fast Pass. Just wondered if that was similar to when riding attractions at WDW?

Thanks
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

It varies - it could be a walk on or up to 30 minutes depending on how busy the park is. in Magic Kingdom, if there are storms and the outside rides close, everyone who had a fastpass for those automatically gets a multi experience pass which can be used on most rides at any time - this will suddenly push the fastpass wait time up on any indoor rides. hope that makes sense!
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I have rarely queued more than five or ten minutes with a fast pass. The only time I have ever done anything close to thirty minutes was when Splash Mountain closed for lightening and we decided to wait it out as we were right at the front of the queue, that time we waited forty minutes.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The only ride i can think of having a long fast pass wait is Tower of Terror.

As the Fast pass only lets you bypass the main queue. Then you are joined to the standby line to enter a pre show room, and then out the other side to queue to get into the ride vehicle. Although the outside queue is usually a walk on, the queue the other side of the pre show room can take a while.

Rides that can be similar to this are Soarin' and Test Tack in Epcot and Haunted Mansion in MK.

Even with this the fast pass lines are usually no longer than half an hour.
Old 24 Oct 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

During our visit March/April 2019 I think our FP+ waiting time ranged from walk on to about 15 minutes on average. Despite high crowd levels during our visit, FP+ worked really well for us in reducing our wait times.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Usually (and I stress usually), when the ride hasn't gone tech or anything, the fastpass wait is between 1 minute and 15 minutes. Occasionally things can go awry and the queue can be longer. I have been stood in the Soarin' fastpass queue for 30 minutes because the ride kept having problems, but this was an exception.

BTW, I class the fastpass queue as the time from entering the queue entrance to when it joins up with the standby queue. Any pre-shows you have to watch after this point are in addition to the wait mentioned above.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I had about a 20 min wait for flight of passage but mostly its around 2 to 10 mins...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for all your replies, it's been very helpful for our planning.

Enjoy your trip!
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
FOP 20-30 each time- We had 40 min wait for Space Mountain one day ( post rain)- twice we got to the front of the queue and had o wait out weather SWMT and test track about 30-40 each- frustrating once you are in the fast pass queue you forfeit your fastpass if you leave but to technical issues
rafjen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
vanderbar
Trading Disney Pins

Just to add - it varies!

Buzz Lightyear was our longest FP as the queue was really long - outside the building and snaking back and forth. It was about 25mins and probably the longest FP wait we had.
vanderbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List