Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Dec 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Princesses 3 View Post
In my view it has gone down in recent years and certainly since our first visit which was 6 years ago. Our most recent visit was in August and we did complain primarily because of cleanliness. As it’s a deluxe and due to the price you certainly expect better. Having said that the location is unbeatable and the resort is beautiful and we still had a fabulous time as I’m sure you will. We are back to POFQ in August but only because we can’t afford BC. If they were the same price I’d choose BC every time
Yes it’s the location that’s really drawing us in.
Being able to walk to Epcot so easily to be able to take advantage of some of the adult beverages is very appealing 😂

Thank you for your reply
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
Yes it’s the location that’s really drawing us in.
Being able to walk to Epcot so easily to be able to take advantage of some of the adult beverages is very appealing 😂

Thank you for your reply
The skyliner is fabulous so any hotel on that route would be amazing . 16 minutes from Hs to Epcot .
I cried in the lobby during our stay , not what I ever expected. The poly a few days later put the yacht to shame , it couldn’t have been or felt more different.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
baggers
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am looking at the Beach Club because of location. Have you got disney free dining? If not would you consider swan or dolphin? (If it’s the location you like). How much more is the Boardwalk?
baggers is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

We loved the Beach Club when we stayed in 2018 and are fully expecting to love it again when we stay next year.

I have heard people have bad experiences at all the Disney Hotels - with millions staying every year you are always going to have negative reports. The vast majority of people have a great time at the Beach Club and when things go wrong they tend to put it right.

I love the place because:
  • Best pool on Disney property
  • Very short walk to the Boardwalk with its bars / restaurants and relaxing atmosphere
  • Short walk to Epcot with all its great food and drink options
  • Great Salon for the girls to have a make over
  • The place smells amazing when you walk in
  • It looks lovely
  • Great onsite restaurants like Yatchsmans Steakhouse,Beaches and Cream and Cape May
  • All the transport options are available - bus, boat, skyline, monorail, mini taxi cars

I reckon you will love it.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Danex View Post
I’ve read quite a few comments from Dibbers recently who have complained about lack of service/poor attitudes of staff, the condition of the rooms with plugs/lights not working, rooms not cleaned properly from previous guests, and a lot of poor comments about the condition of the beds.

Have you stayed this year?

Thanks for your reply 😊
Not this year no .2016 and 2018 we did .we love it

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I must say, we’ve stayed onsite many times (all moderates and once at WL which was amazing), we have 14 nights at BC for my 50th on Jan 2nd and we’ve never worried so much over a resort! It’s cost a small fortune and seems to be so many issues with the resort! When we’ve stayed at POFQ/CS/POR before we knew what we were getting, now it seems with a garden view there’s a 50/50 chance of a balcony (all rooms had them at WL) plus even if you do get lucky there’s then another lottery as to if you get a decent view or are just looking at trees 20ft away!
We’ve always wanted to stay here but seems like so many issues at the moment here!
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Not recently we stayed in 2016 when it had just had a refurb . Like yourself it was our dream hotel at WDW and we would have been disappointed if it had’nt lived up to its expectations. For us it was everything we expected and more.

It is a lot of money so you do expect the best.
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
The skyliner is fabulous so any hotel on that route would be amazing . 16 minutes from Hs to Epcot .
I cried in the lobby during our stay , not what I ever expected. The poly a few days later put the yacht to shame , it couldn’t have been or felt more different.
I'm one of the ones who had issues with Beach Club in September. Disney have given me 5 free nights at a deluxe of my choice and the Poly is what I've chosen. I've reduced next year's POFQ stay from 12 nights to 7 and am spending the other 5 nights at the Poly I had a garden/woods view room at the BC (actually no garden, just a load of trees a few feet away though that didn't bother me) and I'll be in a lagoon view room at the Poly.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to reply.

To answer a few questions, yes we have booked with free dining or I would probably be looking at the Swan/Dolphin instead.

Unfortunately another resort with skyliner access is not for us. My husband is deadly afraid of heights, we have done a cable car once while on a cruise which stopped at Madeira and it was horrible for him so I doubt we will even be on the skyliner at all.

Mexy02 that must have been so awful for you, I’m so sorry things were so bad that it actually made you cry 😢
I would have loved the possibility of moving to the Poly but free dining wasn’t offered at it for next year, and it possibly would have been too much of a stretch financially.

dx4100 thank you for all your points, I think your post really helped us make our mind up.

For now we are going to leave our reservation where it is at the Beach Club.
I think if we don’t we will regret not trying it, as hopefully if something is wrong then that can be fixed when we’re there.
We just can’t get away from the convenience of the location and at least if we don’t like it then we’ll know one way or the other.
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by IANF View Post
I must say, we’ve stayed onsite many times (all moderates and once at WL which was amazing), we have 14 nights at BC for my 50th on Jan 2nd and we’ve never worried so much over a resort! It’s cost a small fortune and seems to be so many issues with the resort! When we’ve stayed at POFQ/CS/POR before we knew what we were getting, now it seems with a garden view there’s a 50/50 chance of a balcony (all rooms had them at WL) plus even if you do get lucky there’s then another lottery as to if you get a decent view or are just looking at trees 20ft away!
We’ve always wanted to stay here but seems like so many issues at the moment here!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday, not long to go now!

If you don’t mind could you report back on the resort when you return?

Thank you and have a wonderful trip 😊