Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Dec 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Jon will wear trousers if he can get three martinis for under a dollar

Ha ha see Andy isn’t a martini drinker so can’t be persuaded. I did something like I could go in and try some and he could wait, but amazingly he didn’t go for it. Can’t think why

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Love all the houses, lots of great photos, they are beautiful. Shocking pavements though, I'd have been tripping over or twisting my ankle every 5 minutes.

It sounds like a really interesting day and you both seemed to really enjoy it.
Yeah you would think with the tendency to litigate over everything the pavements would be super sorted wouldn’t you It was very impressive and another one of the City must do sights ticked off our list.

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Lovely day Amanda. I just love the style of houses over there, they seem so grand!
Knowing me though I would have definitely given myself an injury walking along those pavements, shocking that nothing is done about them.
It was a much better idea to do a DIY tour as I remember the one you did last year not being particularly great, at least you get to see everything you want for free 😬
After getting over what your burger actually looks like I’m glad it was nice 😉
Good info on the safety of NOLA, will try and remember that if I end up on a day trip there next year
Lol, I tripped over yesterday and yet managed to get round here no problem. How bizarre is that. I was disappointed not to see the cemetery so I would go back for that and maybe tie it in with a lunch and drinks on Magazine Street.
I was pleased how the DIY worked out. The tours last year were hit and miss and we had a tour in Charleston coming up that was a let down as well. It’s just doesn’t seem to be our thing.

I’m always very aware the we wander about NOLA and feel fine but it definitely has it’s less benevolent side and it’s easy to stray with the narrow streets that are not very well lit.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I love the look of American homes, they are so pretty particularly in New Orleans another lovely day and it looks like you were better off not paying for the tour as your own tour seemed fab X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 20, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Fabulous self-guided tour... the houses are so pretty. That was handy that you kept seeing the actual guided tours, it's always good to know that you're on track. It can be a bit worrying to stray off the beaten track, glad you stayed safe. Oh my goodness, those pavements! I'm so clumsy I'd have had a broken ankle or worse Lovely food and drinks today too.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I love the look of American homes, they are so pretty particularly in New Orleans another lovely day and it looks like you were better off not paying for the tour as your own tour seemed fab X
They are so grand looking aren’t they.
I thought more would be decorated for Halloween tho
Yep. The self guided tour worked a treat

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Fabulous self-guided tour... the houses are so pretty. That was handy that you kept seeing the actual guided tours, it's always good to know that you're on track. It can be a bit worrying to stray off the beaten track, glad you stayed safe. Oh my goodness, those pavements! I'm so clumsy I'd have had a broken ankle or worse Lovely food and drinks today too.
The houses were lovely .. Charleston was the winner tho in the end on the amazing home front . The pavements were shocking
We do eat and drink well here
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Wow! You can really see where WDW got their inspiration for POFQ!
The houses are beautiful x

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 20, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Checking in, having spent today wandering around the garden district!

On a side note, our hotel is at Poydras/Tchoupitoulas (opposite Mothers basically) and I’ve felt quite safe here at all times. I didn’t like Bourbon Street AT ALL on Saturday but it’s calmed down now so much better. Much preferred Frenchmen Street
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
Wow! You can really see where WDW got their inspiration for POFQ!
The houses are beautiful x
It is so beautiful around those quarters. We do love it

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Checking in, having spent today wandering around the garden district!

On a side note, our hotel is at Poydras/Tchoupitoulas (opposite Mothers basically) and I’ve felt quite safe here at all times. I didn’t like Bourbon Street AT ALL on Saturday but it’s calmed down now so much better. Much preferred Frenchmen Street
Hey there I hope you are having an amazing time
Ooh that is good to hear. I think it maybe was the underpass area we went through. It didn’t feel ideal but opposite Mothers, oh my , how many sandwiches have you had there

Yeah Bourbon street can be hideous. We are generally right at the top end near Louis Armstrong Park so a lot quieter. That section around Hard Rock gets a bit much for us .. too crowded . Did you get to Bourbon Heat yet ?
Old 12 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

And. Most importantly. Have you had a Shark Attack or two?
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
It is so beautiful around those quarters. We do love it

Hey there I hope you are having an amazing time
Ooh that is good to hear. I think it maybe was the underpass area we went through. It didn’t feel ideal but opposite Mothers, oh my , how many sandwiches have you had there

Yeah Bourbon street can be hideous. We are generally right at the top end near Louis Armstrong Park so a lot quieter. That section around Hard Rock gets a bit much for us .. too crowded . Did you get to Bourbon Heat yet ?
I might have made it to Bourbon Heat 😂 😆

I’m very very very afraid of snakes and the dudes waving them around mid afternoon on Bourbon St Saturday nearly finished me off 😢
Old 13 Feb 20, 06:04 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
And. Most importantly. Have you had a Shark Attack or two?
Many, many, many cocktails 😆