Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Tracking VA Reward flight availability...

So for a few months every day I check to see what reward flights are coming up from
Gatwick to mco and it’s disappointing, not like it used to be .

My question is do other reward flights hunters find that most the reward flights from Gatwick to MCO that VA do release are the indirect ones ? ( which we don’t want )

Occasionally you see a economy direct but the days of lots of direct PE rewards being available seems long gone .

What’s other people’s experience on this ?

Edited at 09:56 AM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I couldn’t get economy from Glasgow so caved and bought extra miles to get PE. It cost us a lot more than I wanted to pay but I was starting to worry the miles were going to be a waste. We’d bought them with miles boost too so I wanted to make sure we used them. To be honest I haven’t looked since as I’m too scared!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I couldn’t get economy from Glasgow so caved and bought extra miles to get PE. It cost us a lot more than I wanted to pay but I was starting to worry the miles were going to be a waste. We’d bought them with miles boost too so I wanted to make sure we used them. To be honest I haven’t looked since as I’m too scared!

Years ago it was so easy to get direct flights on rewards in all cabins from Gatwick ... we too have lots of miles and have saved for years to get them and there is 3 of us hoping to get reward flights for next May ...

Edited at 09:56 AM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
Years ago it was so easy to get direct flights on rewards in all cabins from Gatwick ... we too have lots of miles and have saved for years to get them and there is 3 of us hoping to get reward flights for next May ...
Have you thought of using seatspy/ to set up alerts - its a useful tool but I would still do my daily checks too.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
I found that even PE went quickly. We had two different weeks flying either Friday or Saturday as an option. Because I dithered we were left with the option of the last possible date of the 4. That’s why I panicked and booked!
Glasgow is different though as we now only have Virgin and Tui direct from Scotland to choose from.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by stanleycamel View Post
Have you thought of using seatspy/ to set up alerts - its a useful tool but I would still do my daily checks too.
Seat spy alerts worked brilliantly for us. Wanted to add my parents to the holiday but they couldn’t get on the flight back so put flights on hold with them flying back a day later. Had a power cut this morning so grabbed phone to use as a torch and had a email saying flights available.Went online booked the flights all gone through fine. It’s harder to ring them up and cancel the ones on hold lines are busy this morning.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

I’m losing hope that we will see reward flight upgrades for our trip. I still check daily just in case

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
So for a few months every day I check to see what reward flights are coming up from
Gatwick to mco and it’s disappointing, not like it used to be .

My question is do other reward flights hunters find that most the reward flights from Gatwick to MCO that VA do release are the indirect ones ? ( which we don’t want )

Occasionally you see a economy direct but the days of lots of direct PE rewards being available seems long gone .

What’s other people’s experience on this ?
Totally agree. The days of being able to easily get direct LGW - MCO reward seats unfortunately seem to be long gone. I managed to get 5 UC direct LGW - MCO for last December but we flew out on different days so actually ended up flying 2 then 1 then 2. Also I had to change the flights a couple of times for all of us as originally I booked I direct as that was all that was available. Then over several months they released direct flights so I gradually moved us. I never managed to get any direct flights home so we came home indirect via JFK which wasn’t so bad at all. We used Delta for the internal flight up to JFK and when we checked in at MCO they checked our cases all the way through to the U.K. so we needed to do at JFK was make our way airside from one gate to another using their shuttle.

For our proposed trip next year I thinking of flying to MIA and then getting a town car or limo up to WDW as there seems to be a lot more reward flights available.
Old 29 Feb 20, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by Mymemories View Post
Totally agree. The days of being able to easily get direct LGW - MCO reward seats unfortunately seem to be long gone. I managed to get 5 UC direct LGW - MCO for last December but we flew out on different days so actually ended up flying 2 then 1 then 2. Also I had to change the flights a couple of times for all of us as originally I booked I direct as that was all that was available. Then over several months they released direct flights so I gradually moved us. I never managed to get any direct flights home so we came home indirect via JFK which wasn’t so bad at all. We used Delta for the internal flight up to JFK and when we checked in at MCO they checked our cases all the way through to the U.K. so we needed to do at JFK was make our way airside from one gate to another using their shuttle.

For our proposed trip next year I thinking of flying to MIA and then getting a town car or limo up to WDW as there seems to be a lot more reward flights available.
We are going to Miami and your right looks like there's loads of availability throughout the year in all classes.
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Feb 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

What sort of time of day do reward flights get loaded to the site?