Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 27 Apr 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Unicorn13x View Post
If they do this surely they would let families sit together.
I would have thought so because I think even aircraft are going to allow this for families and let them sit three to a row? (Hope that makes sense!)
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jennywren View Post
I have just found this on the CDC website at cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...php/water.html

Can the Covid 19 virus spread through pools, hot tubs or spas, or water playgrounds

There is no evidence that COVID-19 can be spread to humans through the use of pools, hot tubs or spas, or water playgrounds. Proper operation, maintenance, and disinfection (e.g., with chlorine and bromine) of pools, hot tubs or spas, and water playgrounds should inactivate the virus that causes COVID-19.

While there is ongoing community spread of COVID-19, there should be appropriate care taken both in and outside the pool, to protect yourself and others. Owners and operators of community pools, hot tubs, or spas should follow the interim guidance for businesses and employers to plan and respond to COVID-19.

Hope it reassures some of you.
Yeah but really is half a story...

Yeah it won't spread in the water (well there isn't any evidence) but that isn't the problem really. It is people crowding together etc just like in the theme parks.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Listening to the pair of them talk I think it highlights how fear and not science is largely going to drive the response to the virus and our immediate to medium futures in regard to Theme Park attendance.

Asking lots of people what "Would make you feel more comfortable"... I mean seriously, are we going to allow the fearfulness of the lowest common denominator drive the response ?

I guess people have to "feel" comfortable but your really are going to be in an environment where no matter how hard the parks try it going to be risky.

Listening to Jen speak was boarding on hilarious at times. If you are really worried about catching it / don't want to catch it, the concept you would even think about going to a theme park or a place with mass crowds any time in the near future is beyond my level of understanding.

Your going to have thousands who are literally terrified of getting it barking at people to keep their distance and thousands who couldn't care less.

It sounds like the most stressful holiday you could ever take lol!

In the end I think Tim's going to need a new career listening to Jen talk lol!

Edited at 11:58 AM.
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
TryAnything1317
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Some interesting points here but I guess the only thing we know for sure is that we are going to have to wait for some official announcement from Disney, and even then we will have to see if whatever they put in place works for them. Ive given up planning for September but if I do start planning again I will probably be planning how on earth I would hypothetically approach a holiday now. I dont watch many vloggers anymore but have enjoyed watching The Disunplugged and their Disney Dining Show take on things.
TryAnything1317 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Having watched some of the Tracker video most of what they where saying just won't work in a theme park environment without the company losing even more money than they would if they stayed shut. Theme parks by definition don't/won't work with social distancing at any time.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Theme parks by definition don't/won't work with social distancing at any time.
Theme parks will have to get their heads round social distancing and so will we.Until this is well under control the is the new normal, and if we're not comfortable with it then we just wont go!
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

The parks are not designed for social distancing even though they are spaced out areas. It’s bad enough asking people to queue at a supermarket and trying to manage that.

Imagine shelling the best part of £200 for the day and getting a limited experience.

Even though their will be a small percentage that will follow the rules and try and make it work. The majority will be expecting and he’ll bent on getting their money’s worth at the expense of upsetting others.

A theme park can not operate social distancing to a safe manageable level. If it could they would be open now end of story.

Edited at 03:35 PM.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
The parks are not designed for social distancing even though they are spaced out areas. It’s bad enough asking people to queue at a supermarket and trying to manage that.

Imagine shelling the best part of £200 for the day and getting a limited experience.

Even though their will be a small percentage that will follow the rules and try and make it work. The majority will be expecting and he’ll bent on getting their money’s worth at the expense of upsetting others.

A theme park can not operate social distancing to a safe manageable level. If it could they would be open now end of story.
It’s wrong to say ‘end of story’ it’s not end of story, I think your underestimating Disney. They will reopen in the coming months, albeit slowly and cautiously and it will be an evolving process that will require us to adapt. To say the ‘majority’ are hell bent and getting their $$ worth is harsh, I’d say the majority will do everything they can to stay safe whilst enjoying their day.
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Memories4You View Post
It’s wrong to say ‘end of story’ it’s not end of story, I think your underestimating Disney. They will reopen in the coming months, albeit slowly and cautiously and it will be an evolving process that will require us to adapt. To say the ‘majority’ are hell bent and getting their $$ worth is harsh, I’d say the majority will do everything they
can to stay safe whilst enjoying their day.

Myself and the wife have had to keep working during the pandemic and I can assure you it’s been difficult to manage a environment where I know the job inside out. It’s one thing to part manage 100-130 people in a large square footage building where everyone has been briefed and know the day to day rules and new measures.

Can you imagine the complexity to manage thousands of guests from the car parks to the turnstiles. Then from the boats and monorails then to the entrance gates. From the gates into the park and then the restaurants, ride queues, character meets etc.

Then the Florida weather decides to rain everyone looks for shelter, are people made to stand in the rain if the shop or covered areas have people. The parade starts and you want to leave do they stop people leaving the parks entering shops.

Face masks could be made mandatory. 30 degrees and wrestling with your child to keep the mask on.

Guest capacity, do you not allow anyone not staying on site or a pass holder in. 4 people come out but your a family of 6 waiting to go in do you wait for another 2 to come out holding the line up.

I’ve been to Disney roughly 13-15 times and can say when I got into double figures peoples tolerance especially Americans/South American’s don’t understand how to queue and will put their own agendas ahead of everyone else. I’ve got into a few heated debates as I wouldn’t let them pass me in the queue to find 1 single
Family member further up.

The staff would be relying on the guests to abide by the rules and from what we’ve seen in the uk with all the BBQ’s, parks and people treating the lockdown as a bus mans holiday I wouldn’t like to think what Disney would be like.

Personally with the amount Disney charge you should get the whole experience and the Disney magic. It’s a long journey and a huge sacrifice for some family’s to get there and the thought that it could turn into a military operation instead of a holiday.

Again all the points mentioned you are reliant on everyone doing their bit. I think even Disney couldn’t control all of those situations unless they had staff managing every aspect. They would be running at a loss which with the circumstances they won’t allow.

Edited at 04:42 PM.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I don't see realistically how Disney is going to be able to operate properly safe social distancing even if they went to 50% capacity given just how busy the parks are. Just think about rope drops and queuing to get into the parks. The queue line will extend to Mexico if every actually kept 2 meters apart.

Imagine rope drop Just think about it or when it rains

I think changes will be made but its going to be more about creating the illusion of safety than people really being safe.

When it comes to business models I don't see how the parks turn a profit based on reduced capacity both in the parks and in restaurants etc.

It will all be dummed down to temp checks at the gate and potentially asking people to wear masks, some statements around cleaning more and testing for staff.

But who knows...

I know personally if the future is wearing face masks in 32c and 90% humidity, stressing over keeping distance from thousands of people and my restaurant server wear HazMax suit. Its not really going to be the most "magical" place on earth anymore is it. Its going to pretty dam awful.

I won't be going sadly until its over I think.

Its all guess work - will have to wait and see.

Edited at 04:46 PM.