Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Apr 20, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by boarder4life View Post
30 degrees and wrestling with your child to keep the mask on.
Out of everything this is literally keeping me up at night.

My life is going to be a nightmare if I have to make my six year old keep a mask on every time we leave the house.

I fully expect our idiot government to start pushing this here as well despite there being the most minimal of evidence it makes even the smallest difference. Its all about the "illusion" and looking like you are doing something - anything...
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

So if Disney don't open at some point and don't start generating revenue what future do they have - we might as well shut the forum down now or change it to SIBB - Skegness With a British Accent imagine everyone's countdowns "Block 2 of Butlins in 46 days", "Dolphin section of the Flower of May in 180 days"
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Originally Posted by blades View Post
So if Disney don't open at some point and don't start generating revenue what future do they have - we might as well shut the forum down now or change it to SIBB - Skegness With a British Accent imagine everyone's countdowns "Block 2 of Butlins in 46 days", "Dolphin section of the Flower of May in 180 days"
To be fair - Butlins isn't half bad if you pay extra for premium dining and you get the gold accommodation

On a serious note, I think the future of a true immersive resort theme park like Disney World is under serious danger. Yeah they could remove many elements and make lots of changes and what do you end up with ?

Six Flags at ten times the price point!
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
Out of everything this is literally keeping me up at night.

My life is going to be a nightmare if I have to make my six year old keep a mask on every time we leave the house.

I fully expect our idiot government to start pushing this here as well despite there being the most minimal of evidence it makes even the smallest difference. Its all about the "illusion" and looking like you are doing something - anything...
I do not envy any parent with children that may have to do this in a hot and humid climate. It’s hard enough catching a breath without one on in the summer months.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
blades
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by dx4100 View Post
To be fair - Butlins isn't half bad if you pay extra for premium dining and you get the gold accommodation

On a serious note, I think the future of a true immersive resort theme park like Disney World is under serious danger. Yeah they could remove many elements and make lots of changes and what do you end up with ?

Six Flags at ten times the price point!
Firstly glad you appreciate the humour - it's been a bad day (still no work)

I would bet you a tenner thats how it goes - look at how the prices have disproportionally increased year on year. When we first went it was a one off holiday (Honeymoon for us) then there came a point where a week in a cottage in Cornwall was Ł1k and 2 weeks on I drive was Ł2.5k so it started becoming affordable and then the last few years it keeps getting more expensive. It will only get more expensive due to loss of efficiency and will probably go back to been a "one off" holiday destination not a once every year/2 years that some of us have been fortunate to experience.
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by blades View Post
LoL this did make smile. Can’t wait til im enjoying a 99 with a flake watching the merry go round instead of a dole whip while watching the dumbo ride.

I honestly think the execs are looking at each other and saying what next. It’s one thing making poor business decisions and having reduced sales and profits.

Most of the money is tied up in the parks and advertising and cinemas releases. This will certainly be hitting them harder than a lot of other companies.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I guess its a positive there is no mention of forcing guests to wear face masks.

I guess character meets will be possible but meeting princesses with face masks is defo out

Edited at 11:26 AM.
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

As someone who’s been working in a junior school looking after key workers children all this time the noises out of Orlando are positive and welcome 😊
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

This all sounds very realistic to me and kind of what I thought would be happening to be honest. They can only implement what is reasonably practible.

Edited at 11:26 AM.
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 20, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

Feel sorry for cast members being forced to wear masks. Should be optional I feel.