Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Jun 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Only flights showing on this date are now 2 or 3 stop indirect flights
Sorry on previous post I had mentioned that dummy booking shows flight now stops at Amsterdam and ATL? Then Orlando so over 16hrs. App shows still going as normal 😒
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bigsis3
Excited about Disney

We were flying direct from Glasgow in November this year but booking has now disappeared. Have sent a what’s app message to Virgin as I presume flight has been cancelled. . Why don’t they do the decent thing and Email everyone that has a booking to advise of cancellation and offer alternative route or refund. As it stands , I am still in the dark as to what is happening 😡😡
bigsis3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Perthite View Post
When I try to view my booking on VA I get “Sorry, we are unable to complete your request . Please check and try again.”

Am I just doing something wrong or does it mean something?
I phoned VA (2 hours) and was told that it looks like my agent (Netflights) have allocated a new booking reference, as the one I have just shows as what he called a shell booking. He tried to call them but they aren’t open at weekends, grrrr.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
golfer66
Serious Dibber

golfer66's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bigsis3 View Post
We were flying direct from Glasgow in November this year but booking has now disappeared. Have sent a what’s app message to Virgin as I presume flight has been cancelled. . Why don’t they do the decent thing and Email everyone that has a booking to advise of cancellation and offer alternative route or refund. As it stands , I am still in the dark as to what is happening 😡😡
We have already changed ours from this Sept till next March but they are saying flights won’t start till after our return date . And when I go onto there site it’s only showing flight with 2 stopovers that’s I won’t do with my 4 year old GD . Sitting here gutted again after having to already change it .
golfer66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparky0309 View Post
Not sure we would be, if there is a significant change to times of departure or a change of departure airport then yes , as long as a different city, but if flight departure time is within 3hrs from same airport then they could argue that they are still supplying transportation(flight) to Orlando, just thinking outside the box, maybe someone else could clarify.
When I spoke to VA an hour ago they confirmed that changing to indirect would entitle the customer to a full refund.

We need to wait to hear from Netflights, but friends who booked direct with VA were today given the option of different flights, postpone or full refund.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Just received the email from VA saying that the flight on the 8th October is cancelled. No offer of refund just the open ticket credit. No thanks!
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nickosbad
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I feel sorry for those who have had their flights cancelled..we are due to fly from Manchester in October and are waiting to hear more.

I actually think that this could actually send Virgin under!

The main reason people aren’t getting their refunds is that they simply don’t have the money to refund people right now! With the amount of cancellations from Glasgow I’d be surprised if they last until August!

We’re waiting for refunds of our Bubble Seats and it is not right that they are holding onto everyone’s money when they have no right to do so!
nickosbad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
g1970
Imagineer

g1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
I messaged VA earlier in the week and they replied on Thursday night

According to 'Jack', my flight on 25/9 from GLA is going ahead as scheduled but due to a plane change, my bubble seat would be refunded. I told him i didnt want it refunded as we needed the leg room in PE. He apologised and said it would remain a PE seat

I logged into the app and seats 18A & C were free both ways, so we've moved to those.

I also asked about upgrades and was told he couldnt provide any offers on upgrades and to check at airport
g1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

But since then your flight will have been cancelled altogether, won’t it?
Old 20 Jun 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
loves_disney
Imagineer

loves_disney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

Just received the email from virgin saying our 9th October flight is cancelled.
The email said option to rebooked from Manchester or Heathrow - currently on hold on the phone.
Think we’ll try for Heathrow - as worried Manchester will go the same way as Glasgow and can’t be bothered with this fuss for the 3rd time! Was originally going next week!