Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Jun 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

September flight disappeared

We won't be going - but I just checked our flight status on Virgin's website, and it's telling me my MAN-ATL leg on 26/9 doesn't exist. It's VS109. On searching the route, it says there are no direct flights that day.

The ATL-MCO leg, and MCO-MAN are still showing. I logged in to manage my booking and it's still on there.

Can anyone shed any light? Wishful thinking on my part, but I hope they've cancelled it so I can start the refund process!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
TUI have no availability now till November. So where I was hopeful about OCT I can no foresee no flights this year is a possibility.
Old 23 Jun 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
We won't be going - but I just checked our flight status on Virgin's website, and it's telling me my MAN-ATL leg on 26/9 doesn't exist. It's VS109. On searching the route, it says there are no direct flights that day.

The ATL-MCO leg, and MCO-MAN are still showing. I logged in to manage my booking and it's still on there.

Can anyone shed any light? Wishful thinking on my part, but I hope they've cancelled it so I can start the refund process!
Yours is the same as ours. We were due to go 17/09 man to Atlanta then Atlanta to Orlando but Orlando to Manchester direct coming home. We got an email on Saturday saying VS109 was cancelled. Can’t log onto delta for that it of flight. But our home one is still showing. I have Whatsapp virgin for a refund.They replied last night offering also TTS of different incentives to get me to take a voucher. I just keep replying i want a full refund so will just wait a bit and see what they say.

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DaveMc1
New Poster (4)

Mobile

I can’t help sorry but I am in a similar position.

Flying man-phil-mco and the reverse route on the way home. AA cancelled the TransAtlantic flights a while ago.

My question is what is the likelihood of cancelled flights being reinstated?

Tia

Ps Sorry for the thread hijack/tangent
DaveMc1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
muppster
Excited about Disney

Perhaps a bit of tit for tat going onhere, but todays leaked announcement that the EU may not let US travellers into its member countries for possibly many months will no doubt lead to a reciprocal ban in going the other way. Of course, Trump was very quick to ban EU travellers from the US as the pandemic gripped Western Europe, and with no sign of a let up in cases in the States I can see the relevant Foreign Offices advising against US travel.

If this is in the offing the travel companies will already know about it and it explains disappearing bookings, cancellations and revised/pushed back flight schedules.
muppster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Originally Posted by molly48 View Post
Yours is the same as ours. We were due to go 17/09 man to Atlanta then Atlanta to Orlando but Orlando to Manchester direct coming home. We got an email on Saturday saying VS109 was cancelled. Can’t log onto delta for that it of flight. But our home one is still showing. I have Whatsapp virgin for a refund.They replied last night offering also TTS of different incentives to get me to take a voucher. I just keep replying i want a full refund so will just wait a bit and see what they say.
Hmmm I haven't got an email from them. What kind of incentives were they offering you? There's 12 of us, so they've got £6k of my money! I'd rather it back (or on its way back, at least) to my bank account, rather than theirs as we've no idea when we can reschedule!
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
molly48
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shani View Post
Hmmm I haven't got an email from them. What kind of incentives were they offering you? There's 12 of us, so they've got £6k of my money! I'd rather it back (or on its way back, at least) to my bank account, rather than theirs as we've no idea when we can reschedule!
That’s no problem at all but as I previously advised we’re currently dealing with a huge volume of enquiries from our customers, Because of this, please note that refunds are taking longer than usual to be logged and processed and we cannot offer a specific time frame, I have just taken a further look into your booking and I can see you fall into our customer Gift incentive for customers who choose to re-book for future dates with us. With your tickets, you would be entitled to one of the following perks:
- 4,000 bonus Flying Club miles, per person and per flight.
- A free upgrade to Economy Delight, for all passengers.
- A GBP 25.00 cash card per person, which will be provided at the airport.
Be great to have you back onboard with us 😊. Would you like me to get that booked for you today?

1995 /1998 Disney All star music 1997 Quality inn plaza 2000 Caribbean beach 2004 Calabay parc
2005 southern dunes 2007/2008 Indian creek villa
2015 Avanti hotel / 2018 dibb villa Solterra. Port Orleans french quarter 2020
molly48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 20, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Thanks! I can't pretend to know much about air miles, but they look to be good incentives. The earliest we could reschedule would be next September, so we couldn't even book the flights yet anyway.

I have Whatsapped them, but no proper reply beyond the automatic ones as yet.