Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Aug 20, 01:03 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
My dd had one last Christmas- she was 9.
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We got one last Christmas, children 8 and 5. Definitely get the full version which can be on TV or handheld and I would recommend Mario Kart, Animal Crossing and Just Dance.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

My nephew is 7 and has a Switch and an Xbox. I don’t think he plays on the Switch much as he plays WWE games and Fortnite with his friends on his Xbox. I think it’s amazing how quickly children can work out how to use consoles, I’m getting old!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I have a Switch lite and several of my friends/colleagues have Switches (to clarify we are all working adults).

The Switch lite is great for games that are more solo-oriented, like the Pokemon games. However you can't really do multiplayer with the Switch lite (unless you go through the Nintendo ID thing which I haven't tried). It also can't be linked to TVs. It's great for solo gaming though, and is smaller/lighter than the regular switch so easy to hold for long periods of time.

The regular Switch can be multiplayer on both the console itself (detach the joycons) and can also be linked to the TV. So much better for playing with friends! However it is more expensive and heavier, so less great for solo gaming.

So I guess between the Switch lite and Switch it will depend on what sort of games are being played?
Old 6 Aug 20, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
My youngest got a switch lite for Xmas she was 11 then, she plays on hers a lot but she's a big pokemon fan and the latest games weren't available on her 3ds which she also loves, she still plays that too but the switch takes a hammering.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We bought ds a nintendo switch for his 7th birthday couple of months ago. He loves playing animal crossing and minecraft on it
Old 6 Aug 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nintendo switches have been in short supply, so if you're thinking of getting one try soon, and if you don't get one just keep looking. I eventually managed to track them down for my nieces in Argos but they only get them in occasionally, must be a stock issue. I've just recently managed to order one from Nintendo, though it was a pre order.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
Nintendo switches have been in short supply, so if you're thinking of getting one try soon, and if you don't get one just keep looking. I eventually managed to track them down for my nieces in Argos but they only get them in occasionally, must be a stock issue. I've just recently managed to order one from Nintendo, though it was a pre order.
I think they are slowly coming back in stock after a global shortage!

One of my friends bought one a couple of months ago and paid quite a premium for it since they were in short supply.

Another friend waited and just recently bought one, and it's almost back to the price it was pre-pandemic. So it does look like they are coming back in stock now, which is good!
Old 6 Aug 20, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
di5ney
Being a bit Goofy

Well my sister has the full switch whoch has only been used for around 2 weeks and is immaculate so i am buying it off her for xmas! She has a mario kart game and another mario game. I fancy getting the dance game and minecraft, can anyone recommend any other game for her age group! Thanks again!
di5ney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 20, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Originally Posted by di5ney View Post
Well my sister has the full switch whoch has only been used for around 2 weeks and is immaculate so i am buying it off her for xmas! She has a mario kart game and another mario game. I fancy getting the dance game and minecraft, can anyone recommend any other game for her age group! Thanks again!
Harry Potter Lego and Animal Crossing New Horizons
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List