Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 20, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We were due to go this December so I researched crowd levels quite a bit. I worked out that the first two weeks in December are not too bad, but personally I wouldn’t go later than that.
Yeah, the nearer to the big day you get to, the busier it will be. That's why i'm booked for the first week in Dec 2021.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
riversider2014
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went last December for a whistle stop 5 nights for DW 40th and made the decision to always go in December from now on.

Perfect weather for 3 redheads and was all very magical. Would highly recommend

March 2015 - http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=865148
riversider2014 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaft88
Getting Excited

DisneyDaft88's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We've been in late November a couple of times and it's absolutely magical, definitely our favourite time to go, the weather is still good and Christmas spirit is in full swing!

We're booked for 23rd October 2021 for 2 weeks this year due to having to fit around DH working away, but still can't wait of course!
Universal Sapphire Falls February '22
CBR - October '23
DisneyDaft88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
boarder4life
Excited about Disney

We did Xmas in Florida 2018 for 16 nights arrived a day before thanksgiving.

The theming of the parks is magical been every month over the years and it was by far my favourite. Crowds were busy thanksgiving week which we anticipated but still managed to do quite a bit with early starts and fast passes. The earlier you start the more you get out of your day.

Mvmcp was bedlam and must admit didn’t enjoy the crowds considering it was a ticketed event. We watched the Christmas parade down Main Street and it was worth the hassle just to see my 2 year olds face seeing it all.

Like many other posters have commented we had hot weather to them closing the water parks as it got really cold. Still had a brilliant time and when the world returns to some form of normality will go again after the rush of everyone booking after COVID.

We went the year after at Halloween and felt it was really underwhelming after seeing the parks all decked out.

I wouldn’t just do Disney as I thought universal with the grinch and Macy’s parade was on par with Disney.
boarder4life is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

We're going 9th Dec next year. Land home in Manchester on Xmas eve. We prefer the cooler weather. In the heat my son (with cerebral palsy) struggles to walk. As long as it is warm enough for dc on 12th Dec I'm happy as we have ut booked 😂
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

It's great if you fly out after thanksgiving. Decorations up, not too busy. Can get cold though. We would go then regularly if we weren't tied to school hols

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List