Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Oct 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I'm planning on Tampa for our next trip. I hope BA will still go from Gatwick there in the future.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I'm planning on Tampa for our next trip. I hope BA will still go from Gatwick there in the future.
Our BA April flight is booked as LGW - TPA so far anyway
Still being offered as that but who knows?

Mick
Old 11 Oct 20, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
hellin family
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We're also flying into Tampa for the first time next year so this is good to read. I couldn't see online any airport lounges at Tampa that you can pay to use (rather than using via a dedicated airline executive club type thing) - does anyone know if there is a bookable one? Thanks!

Wendy, Jake and Lillie x

Dec 2005 New York and Florida honeymoon, Grand Reserve
Dec 2006 Anniversary Trip, Grand Reserve, Davenport
Dec 2010 Jake's first trip, Glenbrook
Jan 2011 Lillie's first trip, Windsor Palms
Feb 2013 Jake and Lillie's Grand Adventures, Florida Pines
Oct 2014 Disneys All Stars Music Resort
hellin family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We prefer Tampa to MCO. We’re booked for next August. We stay at the Marriott at the airport on arrival - dinner at Hard Rock and then drive up next morning. Using Tesco clubcard points, the Marriott has cost £19 for the night.
Old 11 Oct 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were due to fly into Tampa this time next week

Not done the drive after a flight yet but done it before and it’s pretty easy. We were actually going to get a couple of days on the Gulf coast first but I know some others get an airport or nearby hotel if they don’t fancy the drive
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Flown into Tampa a few times, prefer it to Orlando and like to now end up back at the coast. Cape Coral, Anna Maria island and the surrounding areas all beautiful
Old 11 Oct 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

I have been to Tampa many times, I was just a little concerns about fatigue after such a flight, I think the advice about flying and arriving in daylight was very useful.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Gasman66
Serious Dibber

Will be following this with interest Mick, as we are now LGW/TPA for next year, just waiting for release dates and sales to start... and of course the "New For 2021 Toll Plaza Pictures"...
Gasman66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Yampa would be our airport of choice. It may take a little extra on the road, but you will easily save that in the airport as everything moves much quicker.
Also it is a really easy drive.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
irnjaw
Very Serious Dibber

We flew into Tampa last year, and planning on doing it again next year. We arrived around 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon, hung back and was last off plane as was out first time going through immigration with 2 kids. Think we were leaving in the rental car around 6:30pm, collected our shopping at Walmart then headed over to our villa near Kissimmee, arriving around 9:15. Rush hour was a killer. We're travelling on a Saturday next year (hopefully) and staying in St Pete's kinda area for a couple of nights to get over the jetlag before starting our holiday
irnjaw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List