Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Nov 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamingofAK
New Poster (3)

LAX- MCO Transfer

Hi!

Myself and my Hubby are planning a Disney mega trip for my 30th birthday next year (Covid- depending of course) We are booked to fly from Gatwick to LA for the first few days and then are planning to fly from LA to MCO to spend a fortnight in Orlando.

We are keeping an eye on flights but on Delta we have noticed you cant add luggage and they have a note to say this gets arranged upon check in. The thought of not having luggage pre booked makes me incredibly anxious, does anyone know if this is the norm for domestic flights in the states?
DreamingofAK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve always found domestic flights let me book luggage in advance, but we have also done it at check in so you don’t need to worry
They want the extra money so it won’t be a problem
Old 9 Nov 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Never been a problem for us as said usually able to book and pay at online check in or at the desk
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by DreamingofAK View Post
Hi!

Myself and my Hubby are planning a Disney mega trip for my 30th birthday next year (Covid- depending of course) We are booked to fly from Gatwick to LA for the first few days and then are planning to fly from LA to MCO to spend a fortnight in Orlando.

We are keeping an eye on flights but on Delta we have noticed you cant add luggage and they have a note to say this gets arranged upon check in. The thought of not having luggage pre booked makes me incredibly anxious, does anyone know if this is the norm for domestic flights in the states?
This is something I have been seriously considering doing🙂. I had it all planned for 2021 but covid has put it on hold. Maybe 2022.🙂
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi!

How long are you planning for the west coast
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DreamingofAK
New Poster (3)

Thanks everyone, so when you say book luggage online do you mean when we book our flights or only at check-in? Sorry I am a bit of a worry wort.

We are doing 3 nights in Anaheim and then 15 days in Orlando. So excited
DreamingofAK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Thanks everyone, so when you say book luggage online do you mean when we book our flights or only at check-in? Sorry I am a bit of a worry wort.

We are doing 3 nights in Anaheim and then 15 days in Orlando. So excited
We have been able to do it when we booked our flights, or later online BEFORE check in.

But you haven’t been able to do that so what you can do, when you check in online 24 hours before your flight, is add your luggage then (for a fee) or when you check in at the airport (often for a higher fee).

HTH
KarenG is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi again a long way for 3 nights. So in effect 2 days.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jdouds View Post
Hi again a long way for 3 nights. So in effect 2 days.
I’d agree if the OP was heading back here after 3 nights, but they’re only doing a 4.5 hour flight after the 3 nights.
Up early the first morning to have a long day in the parks, same again the 2nd day. Job done.
I love twin/triple centres. What a great trip it’ll be.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Oh, don’t forget to check Southwest Airline for the LAX to MCO flight. Every ticket comes with 2 free checked bags.

I used them for MCO to Newark a few years ago. Couldn’t fault them.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List