Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Nov 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Got a wave from Russell Brand at Ipswich train station, back when he was a presenter for MTV.
Walked past Kirsty from Art Attack in the West End whilst on a school trip 😂
Saw Eddie Redmayne and Juno Temple in Portobello market, could not believe how short Eddie was!
My partner works in the theatre so he’s seen loads of actors and comedians. Of course he’s not allowed to ask for autographs or pictures but he has all the best stories (apparently Roger Moore was really tight-fisted and Ken Dodd’s car looked like a hoarder’s house)
I was in a youth theatre group with Ed Sheeran until he quit “to focus on his music”, none of us thought that would amount to anything 😂
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by signtalker View Post
Met Jimmy osmond in Coronado springs gift shop , had my best mate with me , who I had to explain exactly who he was ! ( she’s younger) lol

Jules
We saw all the Osmonds ( unfortunately minus Donny !) on a family outing to Blackpool Zoo.
I was chatting to a lady having breakfast in a hotel a few weeks ago (again Blackpool !) When I got back to the room I saw Linda Nolan’s interview on GMT about her cancer and realised it was her. She is a lovely lady.

My husband grew up in a house that was next door to Jimmy Saville. Even in the 1960’s MIL hated him and dh and his sisters were told not to speak to him.

My path hasn’t come across too ma y famous faces.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Just about every top American NASCAR driver and crew chiefs , my best friend over there does a lot of media work for drivers . Some I know well enough to stop and talk too .

Larry Hagman at a nascar race in charlotte in 2005 , he and I were exiting the media Center at the same time and he nearly ran me over with his mobility scooter .

Colin McRae and David Coulthard in the same hotel as us in Paris years ago both really lovely and down to earth .

Michael Schumacher who was really nice .

Carlos Tevez in Selfridges car park , my son who was about 10 was admiring this lovely white Porsche when Tevez walked over to get in
He couldn’t have been more friendly to us .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I was told that I’d just been chatting to Ryan Giggs in the pub where I worked.
He was with family on their way home from a family wedding and called in for food.
I had no idea who he was until after they’d left and one of the other customers told me
This was quite a while ago as he’d not long been signed up by Man Utd.

I saw Bob Greaves who was a news reader on Granada Reports on a flight to Lanzarote.

I grew up in the same town as someone who played for Liverpool and Wales so knew him before he was famous he also married one of my friends.

My son in law is always spotting famous people when they go on days out or holiday
He spotted a Chelsea player in Legoland and had a photo taken with him along with my grandson.
They went to watch Man Utd saw Olly Murs and my grandson had his photo taken with him my daughter was so jealous
My grandson also interviewed Wales footballer Joe Allen.
Old 15 Nov 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

DD just reminded me of bumping into the Jonas Brothers in MK, we were waiting for the Fireworks at the station when they all wandered through and stood in a roped off area.

Also Shane Ritchie in Epcot years ago.

Frank Bruno in Tenerife.

Ted Robbins quite often in our village, to be fair he lives there.

And finally Lou Farigno in TGIF's outside Universal.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

When I worked at Heathrow (in the days when T4 had all the BA long haul flights including Concord) the only place open early enough to get coffee on a Sunday morning before my shift was Costa by the Concord check in. I’d often see Steve the press guy doing the same and he’d tell me who was expected that day we’d often see celebs in the airside Disney store where I worked , Mel C picked up a Buzz for her nephew on one shift whilst the other Spice Girls stood outside.

Oh I was on TV on a game show , my son didn’t want to come to the results show as he wasn’t impressed with my celebrity I was paired with so went to his Dad’s as usual . Both were very annoyed when they realised the couple we went head to head with had Flick from Robot Wars in the team as they’d both have loved to meet her.
He was also put out when I went to Any Dream Will Do and met John Barrowman as well as all the contestants.

Few more randoms. Vanessa and both Paul and Jonathan Ross and also Gino all around radio 2 and the London studios were all charming. Ewan MacGregor wasn’t .

Originally Posted by Mikeandrach View Post
I used to work at Heathrow airport so met countless celebrities, and royalty, there almost daily.

Jonathan Ross was a regular who I used to talk to a lot, the ultimate though was being alone in conversation with Stevie Wonder.

I have met every current Man Utd player, as well as dozens of former players and am on first name terms with most of the current squad, several are now friends who I can talk to away from football.

Someone mentioned Jimmy Saville earlier, I used to meet him frequently as a child, I lived in Stoke Mandeville. All I can say is my experiences of him were that he was a genuine if slightly eccentric man.

I am definitely not a celebrity but I get recognised occasionally which is weird, I have been in a few sports related tv adverts and done interviews for Brazilian sports tv (I now live in York and was instantly recognised by a Brazilian person I interviewed for a job)

3 former coronation street actors live in the village where I live and I couldn’t name any of them, also a couple of professional footballers live here.

Most celebrities are decent people, and then there’s Naomi Campbell

Edited at 01:15 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I used to go round Alan Sugar's house as a child, we lived very close and a friend of mine was very good friends with his son. He wasn't particularly well known then, just the owner of Amstrad.

We get quite a few celebs in where I work, lots of footballers who I've never heard of.

I've met a few celebs through working for Virgin Active, they'd be hired for events and I was on the display team (Vernon Kaye is the most unpleasant one I had the misfortune to meet), but random meetings would be...

Katherine Ryan - I did a class with her, recognised her from Campus (this was before she was well know), we're still FB friends.
Gary Numan, I embarrassedly started a conversation with him at a home exhibition, his wife was lovely, he seemed a little more scared of the stalker.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

Edited at 01:58 PM.
PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twin mummy View Post
Went to Auschwitz with Nicola Sturgeon.
Pity your day was ruined with poor company
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

Mobile

Dh and I were having Sunday lunch at the Hawksmoor in Manchester, we were down seeing Johnny Marr at the O2. A very well dressed woman came in and was shown the table next to us then her friend came in few minutes later. It was Joe Duttine who plays Tim from Corrie. He struck up a conversation with us and all through our lunches he was making funny quips a really nice guy. It wasn’t until we were almost finished that I realised that the woman was Sally Carman who plays Abbie in Corrie. They were a really nice and friendly couple.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneydreaming_
Proud to wear my Ears

I was in Disneyland Paris and come off pirates of the Caribbean and Kourtney Kardashian was hiding in the gift shop.

She is so tiny and was surrounded by security
Disneydreaming_ is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List