Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Nov 20, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by hexagon View Post
I’m struggling this evening, I was sort okay during the day but this evening has been awful. I just want to curl up in a hole. I should probably be asleep but I’m watching Tim tracker. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Having got issues myself I suspect I’ll be awake in the coming weeks at night.. I can’t guarantee but feel free to PM me, if I’m up we can chat ok
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Hi Hexagon. Sorry to hear you had a bad night. I wasn't inline that late. 💤

What have you got planned for today? I'm at Asda collecting the weekly food shop. It's a lovely morning here in Cheshire, just a bit cold.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Sorry to hear you were struggling last night. I think the dark winter nights are very long and difficult for all of us. It helps if you can find something to do in the evening, such as watching Tim Tracker

How is your crocheting coming along, or did you decide to knit instead? I find crafting relaxing in the evenings. I’ve started card making this year as a hobby through lockdown and it passes the time and relaxes me. Hope you feel better today xx
I crocheted a bit of a blanket then started on a baby waistcoat (not that I know any babies lol) but I then lose steam so I dunno, there’s a blanket I want to finish so I might do that later.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Blue nose View Post
Hi Hexagon. Sorry to hear you had a bad night. I wasn't inline that late. 💤

What have you got planned for today? I'm at Asda collecting the weekly food shop. It's a lovely morning here in Cheshire, just a bit cold.
We’re introducing my cat to the old family dog, he’s 13 and I plan to take my cat with me to my dads at Christmas hopefully, so hopefully we can get them to get along. My younger dog is quite happy with the cat if a over enthusiastic. So we’ll see.

So far the old dog (Ben) is just barking at my cat from the other side of the glass door. So we’re going to do a little bit every day. My cat is all relaxed in my dads house when their not there, my dad took them out for a walk.
hexagon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

We’re introducing my cat to the old family dog, he’s 13 and I plan to take my cat with me to my dads at Christmas hopefully, so hopefully we can get them to get along. My younger dog is quite happy with the cat if a over enthusiastic. So we’ll see.

So far the old dog (Ben) is just barking at my cat from the other side of the glass door. So we’re going to do a little bit every day. My cat is all relaxed in my dads house when their not there, my dad took them out for a walk.
Hope you feeling a bit better now Hexy.
Just keep doing what you are regarding the cat & dog. I have always found the cat usually sorts the dog out, often with a swift paw wack! Seems to end any problems I took a previous dog to a friends house once and their cat strolled in & I said Oh no Scamp is not good with cats, my friend said don't worry she loves dogs, she has a way with them. Before I could do anything, Cat strolled over to Scamp, who by now was beside herself waiting to disembowel said cat, cat purring rubbed herself all over Scamp who was mesmerised, never seen anything like it! By the time we left the pair were snuggled up together like a pair of best friends!
Old 22 Nov 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Ive registered my interest in a volunteering vacancy in a care homes gardens. Just once a week I think but hopefully I’ll be able to do that.
Old 22 Nov 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Ive registered my interest in a volunteering vacancy in a care homes gardens. Just once a week I think but hopefully I’ll be able to do that.
This sounds great. Good luck!x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Hi Hexagon, hope you manage to get a bit more of the blanket done, it’s better to do a bit when you feel like it as there’s no hurry to finish. The baby jacket sounds lovely too.

We are introducing our older dog to our son’s puppy slowly too as our son is going to bring him here at Christmas. Our older dog seems to like the pup but he is a bit overexcited by the pup, I’m hoping he will calm down a little when they’ve met a few more times. The pup was nervous at first, but he seemed to like him after a while. We also have a cat, but I think he will stay out of the pups way at Christmas as I don’t think he would be very tolerant of a bouncy pup. I think your older dog should be fine with a kitten eventually, as TheWizard said above, cats usually put dogs in their place with a quick bat of their paw 😂

The volunteering in the gardens sound a lovely idea. I know you enjoy gardening so that will be a nice way to relax and be good for your health and help others too. It’s worth a try. That’s the good thing about volunteering it’s completely up to you how much or how little you do, it’s all appreciated and if it gets to much for you then you could stop going, but hopefully it will be enjoyable for you
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

All sounds good today Hexagon.

My mum knits baby stuff as she lives alone and misses dad. The local maternity unit usually are grateful for donations as some babies are born without things x
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

That's a great idea, I always find no matter what mood I'm in if I go into the garden & start doing bits n pieces there I can totally loose myself in it. I often take my lunch sandwich into the garden & just sit & watch the birds on my bird seed hangers or the squirrels. I've named a few of them cause they come the same time every day. The Robin will sit near my feet for any crumbs I may throw him. Do let us know how you get on there.