Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 12 Jan 17, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

The day and night before plans

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has any 'night before' traditions? Me and my 7yr old son are spending the night before at premier inn near manchester airport. We only live about 30 mins drive away but i like the idea of getting an extra night on our adventure. My plans for the day are sending my son to school so i can double double double check the packing etc. Then pick him up from school and get a taxi to the airport for about half 4. Then its off to the restaurant in the hotel for tea, hot chocolates at costa coffee then try to get to sleep. Im hoping to get to the hotel during the day to drop off a suprise from Mickey to be put in our room (little backpack with mickey ears, mickey tshirt and some bits for the plane). Does anyone have any other little traditions which make the day and night before magical? Thankyou x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

That sounds like a great way to start the holiday.
I always stress the night before with last minute packing etc.
Old 13 Jan 17, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

Always a take away night...
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyExplorers
Getting Excited

i know it sounds really weird but no matter where we are going we always get themed pj's. can be tricky for some places but we come up with something from that country and always google them!
Old 13 Jan 17, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
We always stay overnight at the airport, much less stressful! Have a tasty meal and then mooch about in the room finding nothing on TV to watch kids get a bit over excited finally get everyone in pj's and in bed then I lay awake all night too excited to sleep Now that I'm thinking about it that doesn't sound less stressful at all

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We always have a stay over at the airport, a nice meal and early night - I never sleep though
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

We always stay at the airport the night before. We check into the room then DH pops over to Asda to get a bottle of fizz and a McDonalds or KFC for the room. They are about 5 minutes drive. He dutifully drops off the car and re-joins us.
We have a lovely tipsy evening then stroll over to the terminal in the morning.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 17, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Night before at a hotel - definitely - it does take an element of stress out of it.
Grab a meal and then relax in the hotel. Try to get dd to sleep and then try to sleep ourselves. Usually wake up much earlier than needed, get checked in and then grab something for breakfast in the airport.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Awww I love your story DawnieDawn 😊. Myself and my daughter always spend the night before at the Premier Inn at Manchester Airport as for me, the holiday starts then. We usually arrive by train then a taxi to the hotel. We take the luggage up (always has to be filmed haha) and once in the room rush to the window to see the view out of the window (you know, the same view that has always been there!). Watch a bit of TV then go downstairs and get a drink from the bar. We have a nip over to the Premier Inn North then back. Tea is usually in The Thyme restaurant then upstairs and get ready for bed. As always, I can barely sleep as I'm scared of sleeping through my alarm so I'm always ready and raring to go at silly o'clock 🛫.

Edited at 10:04 PM. Reason: Typo
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I seem to have an unfortunate tradition of something going wrong at work, which scuppers my plans for a 3pm finish, and sees me arriving home late and in a flap. Hoping for a better one this time 😀

This will be our 2nd time on the later (1:10pm flight), which means we can do our new tradition of taking the Guinnea Pigs to Aunty Wynn's (where they become Winny Pigs for the next few weeks), a quick visit to MIL on the way back, early night for the boys (hopefully I won't be up till nearly 1 doing last minute washing and work this time).

Then travel day for us is an early start (6am) to avoid the M6 traffic, a long lazy breakfast somewhere around the airport around 8ish and getting to the airport nice and early, where we just mooch and chill (and DH visits the smoking cage - we do not speak of how long he will have to wait for his next cigarette) till its time to board 😀
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List