Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 2 Feb 17, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MusicMadMegs
I have Ears

Mobile Liberty Tree Tavern

Hi all,

Recently read that you can no longer book ADRs for our usual TS at the Plaza in MK. We don't want to risk the walk up so have been looking at alternatives.

What are people's thoughts on Liberty Tree Tavern?

March 2014, the big 1-0!
MusicMadMegs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We haven't had lunch there, but have been for dinner a couple of times. It's really nice food, and plenty of it! For me it really does have a tavern / pub feel to it, and the food is quite plain but hearty.

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
avibelle
Getting Excited

the food is very tasty, but beware , if there are a few people in your party you wont get enough, we were a party of 12, and we got the same amount as a table of 4, we kept asking for more but it seemed to fall on deaf ears the waiter just wasnt interested, it was so bad me and my sister went without, and shouted the waiter over my dh made him look at the table and asked him did he think there was enough food to feed 12 people, he shook his head and said sorry, if we had just turned up then maybe they would have an excuse as to why their potions were so small,but i had this table booked months in advance they new how many of our party were, adults 9 and kids 3 so it ruined our night, we complained to the manager and even the party of 4 complained on our behalf as well , dont know if the waiter and manager were rubbish at their jobs or not , so i wouldnt recommend it , not if there is a few of you, we ended up at caseys corner for our supper that night,from all the places over the last 22yrs, its the only place i wouldnt recommend
avibelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We eat at LTT every time we go. We've never had any issues with portion sizes or getting more food and it's a lovely change from all the fried food.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Love Liberty Tree Tavern. It's a la carte at lunchtime and the Patriots' Platter (a bit like a Thanksgiving meal) is served at night.
I just wish they would bring back the characters. It was great seeing Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and Chip n Dale in their colonial outfits.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We had a lovely lunch there and portions were plentiful. However, bear in mind it's hearty food - essentially a Sunday lunch type of thing. So if it's very hot when you go, it might be a bit much. Wasn't a problem for us but we did appreciate a nice relaxing trip on the riverboat afterwards to let our food go down!

They announce you as you come in (and they pronounced our surname wrong, but everyone does, so we didn't mind!)

We had a slight problem in that our food was a bit cold, so we flagged down our lovely server and told her. She took it back and soon brought us fresh ones which were nice and hot. We ordered coffees after our meal, and when the bill came we noticed the coffee wasn't on there, so we let her know it had been missed off the bill, but she said they'd comped us the coffees because our food had been cold. Nice surprise!

Liberty Tree Tavern will always stick in our memory because, although we had notified WDW that Peter was allergic to bananas, this info didn't seem to have got through to them (it was our first ADR). When we told our server she initially didn't understand our accents, and it was so funny.

"What are you allergic to?"
"Bananas"
"I'm sorry?"
Bananas"
"Huh? Oh ... bananas!"

As she went back to the kitchen I could see her trying out an impression of our accents "Ba-NAH-nas" and smiling to herself!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List