Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Apr 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki T
VIP Dibber

The Magic Cure: Final Day, travel home and highs and lows

2nd Sept

Homeward Bound

So here we are, the end. Thanks for sticking with us and reading to this point, we may be a little a light on photos today, but will add some of our pics of purchases and pins at the end for you photo addicts who are reading.

As we had booked very late, we were travelling home via Atlanta. Our internal flight was pretty early, so none of our usual park fun for our last day, instead we finished packing and headed for the magical express at 10am.

We checked in at the airport and Fred, our check in agent loved our accents and gave us free drinks on the flight. In the airport we bought a bag for our Godson and I tagged on a little stocking filler for J, it was a set of space shuttle playing cards. I also purchased some new sketchers bobs, which are sparkly and beautiful.

Getting through secure was no problem, but I thought we were in for some difficulties when we were boarding. Essentially, they shouted there were to be no more wheeled cases on the flight and they needed to be checked into the hold. As we were following this with an international flight I was worried we would lose the case. Fortunately, we managed to sneak it on, and found a place in a overhead bin for it .

We didn't use the vouchers, but as we exited we passed them to a man sitting next to us - he was ecstatic and we could hear him talking about it as he left the plane.

The flight itself was uneventful and when arriving in Atlanta we faffed in the airport for ages. You might have guessed one off the ways we filled our time...eating! We found a TGI Fridays and ate there looking out over the runway.

It was $65.64 incl tip and very enjoyable. We decided to walk to the terminal which was the other side of the airport. We knew it was far, but we would be sitting down for hours so thought the walk would be good. At first the underground tunnels were really decorated well, but towards the end they became very sparse. There was some interesting bits though, like a history section which talked about life in Atlanta.

We met our "friends" from MNSSHP again and said hello, enquiring about the rest of their trip. Then it was time to board, the flight to Gatwick got cancelled and I was scared ours would too, but it didn't and we were soon on our way home.

I fell straight to sleep and declined tea and breakfast. There was an incident in the middle of the night where J was faffing around and woke me up. I certainly didn't flutter my eyelashes like a waking princess, instead I roared like the beast! He said he was "doing nothing " an told me to go back to sleep. 5 mins later the same happened. He'd lost his wedding ring! After a couple of mins though I found it and went straight back to sleep .

So, I think that's it really for our report, thanks for reading, I hope you've enjoyed it. We'll finish with some highs and lows...

Highs.
1. Our bargain upgrades! It's definitely saved us some money for this year's trip.
2. PBH

It is a lovely hotel.
3. Food

4. Pins and pin trading

5. Cocktails

6. MNSSHP

7. My New Dooney

8. Photopass - we got over 400 pics!

9. Dessert Parties - especially HEA and Frozen

10. Food and Wine - this also appears in our lows, but the food was too good to miss off the list

Lows (there's not many)
1. Queue jumpers at Universal
2. Buses to Saratoga. It is nice resort, but I would get a car if I was to stay here again.
3. Food and Wine, to be honest, it made Epcot feel busy and there were a lot of stag and hen parties there. Although we've drank a few cocktails, we were never drunk and some of the people we saw there treated the park like a night out, there was a lot of loutish behaviour and I wouldn't have liked it with children.

Overall, we had a great trip and I think this picture sums it up perfectly...

From this to this

Thanks again, for reading. We'll soon follow with a pre-trippie for this year, which we have dubbed: "Wishing on a Star".
Niki T is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Loved reading about your trip, especially the Pin Trading. Thank you for sharing.

I'm so glad the trip helped you heal a little and gave you something to take the pain away just for a little while. Thinking of you and hoping for happy news soon. You're very brave xxx
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant reports. Looks like you had a fabulous trip.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Doowop
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Have loved reading your trippie, wishing you all the best x
Doowop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Ive really enjoyed your trip report. Thank you so much for sharing it with us.
Looking forward to the next one!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along
It sounded like you both had a fabulous holiday

I look forward to reading this years trippie

Joan
Old 12 Apr 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Ive really enjoyed your report and look forward to the next one
Old 12 Apr 18, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Brilliant report . A ratatouille photopass as well magic shots gakate and only a bit jealous lol . I love the description of waking up . My kids call me the sleeping dragon and use to tiptoe past me to get to dh lol .
Really looking forward to your next one and the loads of tips you are going to give us as I have an age to wait ( if I ever get flights without having a breakdown first . Diy will be the death of me lol)
Thank you for taking the time to write it , its been great and sending big hugs and hopefully your new addition to your family comes soon x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ

Edited at 10:53 PM.
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I think I may have had to pull myself together a little when I got to the last photo. I hope its true and your holiday has helped you to heal a little. I have all fingers and toes crossed that everything will work out for you both. A huge thank you for sharing your trip. Ill let you know how I get on with my pin mission. Enjoy the weekend...its not long till the summer holidays!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 18, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
I've loved reading along and glad your trip helped put some of your heartache behind you and wishing you the best of luck with your adoption journey xx
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List