Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Sep 18, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Pay for early access to Toy Story Land

So I see Disney are adding yet another paid event to their ever expanding list. This time its TSL at HS . For $79 +tax you get access from 7:30 - 8:45 to the area including the 3 rides and meet & greets plus a continental breakfast. O and you have to have park tickets as well.

Personally i find this ever expaniding list of paying for extra hours to be a money grab by Disney , but I know some people will be happy to pay it.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Not that I would every pay for one of these morning events, but i don’t have any issue with Disney doing these as long as they do not takeaway from normal hours.

This event doesn’t effect the normal extra magic hours or standard opening of the park and is being run at times when the park was set to be closed anyway.
m2k00 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I have paid for it, and as a couple, I think it's worth the money. I was thrilled when it was announced, Toy Story Mania is one of my favourite rides and I've always wanted to be able to ride it over and over again.

It also includes breakfast and meet and greets with Buzz, Woody and Jessie, who all generally have long lines.

We did Early Morning Magic in Fantasyland last year too, and the only reason we're not doing it this year as it doesn't fit into our plans.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

A year ago, I went to MK Early Morning Magic (essentially same thing as new TSL option) twice. Yes, it is a total cash grab by Disney... yes, it is an erosion of what used to be "free" with quality EMH. Even still, I was happy to pay it to totally eliminate rope drop and start the days off completely stress-free. The rides and breakfasts were great - but the real benefit came from being able to set up the whole day having already 'knocked out' the most popular attractions. Very limited time window as part of the paid event, but the effect of crossing off the main headliners (a few times) early on - and then moving to other empty attractions while everyone else rushes to where you just were is felt the entire morning.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

As long as they keep regular EMH as well, I don't see the issue with these events.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ratmanscoop
slightly serious Dibber

As much of a cash grab as it may be, I'm glad stuff like this exists - anything that can drop the crowd level a little for regular visitors and increase daily throughput plus permit a more pleasant experience for those willing to pay extra is a good thing, ultimately.
WDW is having a hard time dealing with visitor numbers at the moment and things like this will ultimately help.
Old 6 Sep 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
craigstacey
slightly serious Dibber

If available when I visit late next year I will book for my wife and I to do both the Toy Story Land and Fantasy Land early morning events. Having watched the touringplans vlog it appeals to me very much!
Chatham Park + Boardwalk Studio December 2019

Craig
craigstacey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
The reason these things exist is because some people are willing to pay for them. And the reason some people are willing to pay for them is because they'd rather spend extra money to have no wait for the latest rides than waiting an hour (or more) like we used to do.

It's the reason why paid fastpasses have appeared in other theme parks in the last 15 years or so. Some people don't want to wait and, nowadays, are prepared to pay extra money to reduce that wait. Similarly, many people will pay for convenience; if there's some sort of service or facility offered that makes people's lives a bit easier then some people will pay for that service/facility. Many businesses exist because of that.

By all accounts the Early Morning Magic event at MK is an excellent "extra" for those that have the money - I'm sure it'll be the same at Hollywood Studios. For the rest of us, it makes practically no difference. So no one loses out.

BTW, for more info, here's a link to Disney's webpage about it:
disneyworld.disney.go/en...oy-story-land/

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:58 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We book onsite stays which cost more than offsite to take advantage of the early or late nights, and the 60 day fast pass window. Some think it's a waste of money so stay offsite. This is the same really. Some will think it's a great way to avoid queues, other an unnecessary expense. Disney wants to make as big a profit as possible so will keep coming up with all the ideas to extricate our cash from us. It's a business and a very successful one at that 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 18, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

for those who say as long as this does not imapct EMH , well since TSL opened they have been doing EMH from 7am every morning at HS. They have dropped that now on some days and this has replaced it. So in effect they have reduced the EMH benefit.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List