Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 11 Oct 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Just home from WDW and I miss DLP.

We stayed for 16 nights onsite at Caribbean Beach Resort and we had a fab holiday.
We missed dlp though. Our fave park was Animal kingdom and we loved soarin in Epcot.
We felt like every ride both wdw and dlp have dlp's version is way better.
Dont hate me but I felt like a lot of wdw felt cheap and plastic.
I really dont even remember looking at the castle much, in dlp I can never take my eyes off it.
Everything seemed like the motto when building was the bigger the better but getting into plastic looking and feeling boats etc was very off putting.
We also went to Universal, Harry potter areas are stunning but far too busy to enjoy. The rest of Universal felt like a fairground with music blasting and cheap pay to throw a ball stalls all over.
The qs food in the parks was ok but honestly really not much better than dlps quick service if at all.
We are thinking we will return to florida in about 5 years once star wars is done and enjoy the Orlando area a bit more.

We are going back to the Sequoia next summer and we cannot wait.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I know exactly what you mean. While I accept that WDW is very wowwy, it doesn't connect with me like DLP does, nor is it ever likely to.
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fixiepixie
Earning My Ears

Everyone's different. I love Wdw, it's just so big with so much to do.
Not only Disney but universal, Busch, Kennedy space centre, water parks etc plus good weather.
I love the vast amount of rides (plus shopping- 365 days of Christmas shop in the village is my happy place!)
In saying that :
- dlp is a much nicer park, really beautiful to walk around and pretty little details everywhere.
- I find the Qs a big easier to handle in dlp
-The few times we done wdw we had no kids, now we do and I couldn't imagine bringing young kids there but dlp is perfect. It's a perfect size for them to enjoy

On a side note my brother went to Disneyland California and hated it, said it was the worst of the 3 disneyparks he'd been to (he's been to wdw and dlp). He said it didn't have that Disney feel. Others we know love it and it's their favourite.
Fixiepixie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Dont get me wrong, we had loads of fun and are so pleased we went. I was just not all we thought it was going to be.

The parks and rides wdw has that we dont were so much fun to ride. Even small rides like Winnie and Ariel , so cute and very Disney. I also loved 7dmt and Slinky, those are my daredevil rides as Im a right chicken.

Pandora was amazing and FOP was by far our favourite ride. I had tears haha Im not even that into Avatar.

I just love dlp, I guess we like the smaller detail and just enjoying the park at a chilled pace more.

Epcot and Magic Kingdom always felt rammed even on prefered or "quiet" days.

We went during food and wine and were really exited for world showcase but the majority of the time we spent there we were being drawn forward around the world by a constant moving crowd of slighty drunk guests.

It was definitely not a negative trip though, hubby wants to return a few years after starwars openings we wouldnt do Universal again though.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

I know what you mean but in reverse lol, we have been to DLP once and yes I am glad we have seen it but not sure we that will return.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re going back to DLP after a 6 year gap!
I really enjoyed DLP last time, but hated that so many people smoked in the parks and in the queues.
We’re really looking forward to going back, but just hope the smoking isn’t as bad.
Can’t wait to try Ratatouille & see all the Halloween festivities.
Hope you enjoyed CBR 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

This has really got me thinking. Until recently I thought I only wanted to return to WDW but the cost of tickets, dire exchange rate, plus the prospect of crowds when Starwars land is done is making me unsure. A recent trip to California to visit my brother has confirmed how expensive the US is at the moment.
I've also been to Disneyland California a few years ago and I didn't get the feel for it the same. Quite a few rides were closed so maybe that didn't help.
Conclusion, maybe DLP would be good for a Disney fix without breaking the bank 😁

Edited at 09:31 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Having done both I definitely see them as different. I like them both for what they are. DLP was my first Disney park and will always be home. WDW is just bigger and different. Disney magic can be personal. I expected Main Street in Florida to have arcades. I was surprised when it didn’t.

Edited at 09:17 AM.
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I always return to Orlando as it can fill two weeks,however i totally get what you mean and i also LOVED Disney Paris! ... Yes bigger isn't always better
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Interesting perspective. I’ve only done WDW (trip no 7 next year) and point blank refused to go to Paris when hubby has offered in between trips... I thought that it wouldn’t even come close to my beloved WDW and would pale in comparison BUT I’m now softening to the idea that I may just love it too for different reasons. Who knows I may just book it once back from WDW next year to see...
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List