Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 13 May 19, 03:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

And Then There Were Three... The Big 18/21 12 May 2019

Index is here

I went to bed at midnight and managed to sleep all the way through to 6.10! We were having a more leisurely start today as it was shopping day. We planned to leave at 9.30 and we were on our way by 9.40 to the Premium outlets at International drive.

We found a parking space straight away (there are quite a few spaces now which you have to pay for) behind Old Navy and headed to the food court to get a map and a discount booklet. As we entered the shopping area there was s sign saying about military discount and to look for the Star in the window - time to see if my ID would work. We split up and agreed to meet back at the food court at 12.30

First stop was the character warehouse where we got a great Disney Christmas tree topper. We have a Disney tree each year but it just has a regular topper on it - not any more!

We went in nautica where Phoe picked up some new shorts that she’s comfortable with!

Jas and I got some trainers. Some good bargains here. The discounted ones around the edge then had a further 30% off

Phoe got some converse which were a bit more unusual rather than run of the mill

It was soon time for lunch - we had been looking forward to this for months - Five guys! I had to write the order in my phone to make I got it right - whether it was single or double patties, toppings, sauces etc. $39 for 3 lunches but worth it.

Jas had a bit of a funny turn half way through. She suddenly stopped eating and went really pale. She thought she was going to be ill which then sent Phoebe into a panic. I took her off to the toilets but she then said she was ok again - it had just gone over her but as soon as she stood up she was ok. Phoe wouldn’t then share a drink with her all afternoon in case she caught something.

We carried on as a group for the rest of the afternoon as we didn’t think we were going to be that long. But then it was handbag time. Michael kors had most of the store at either 60 or 70% off then an additional 20% off. If something has an original price tag of $300 but then the actual price you pay is $70 it would be rude to pass up such an offer. Phoe chose a nice backpack and some shoes which I got her for her birthday.

We had to queue to get in Kate spade as they had similar offers - at one point phoebe was holding 6 bags as she couldn’t make up her mind.

Gdog And jas were outside waiting on a bench guarding the bags. I then swapped with them do they found get some air con. While they were gone I spotted another gdog clone.

Last stop was Victoria secret where phoebe wanted to town on bras. Meltdown ensued as she couldn’t find her size. We eventually found one tiny container but there was a whole mish mash of sizes and none of the one she needed. An assistsnt then came along and dumped a handful into the box and phoebe just grabbed them and threw them in her basket.

We managed to dodge a few showers and most of the shops we needed gave military discount - result!

We got back to the car 7 hours after parking it! We got home and had random fridge ‘use ups’ for dinner.

Nanny’s foot is more swollen today so she may have to rest up tomorrow.

Finished the day just as tired as a park day but with half the amount of steps!

PHOEBE’S VERSION IF EVENTS BELOW:

Day 10 - Shopping

I woke up at 6:45am but went back to sleep until 8am. Caught up with all the comments and posts from the day before and went up stairs to Jas at 8:30am. We then left to go shopping at around 9:40am and arrived just before 10:30am. I went straight to the food court to get our maps and discount book.

We left nanny and Gdog in Nautica whilst we went to the character warehouse and Gdog got t shirts to set him up for life. Mum also spotted a sign to say if the shop displayed a star with the American flag on it, we could get a further 10% any purchase. Perks of working for the US government!

We then spilt up before we met back up for lunch in the food court at 12:30pm. We’d managed to do most of the shops that side including Converse, Nike and Nautica. I found shorts that actually fit! So I brought 5 pairs! Then changed into a pair.

For lunch mum, Jas and I Fiveguys. Jas a kids cheese burger and fries - the kids ones are adult sizes - Americans like to eat - maybe that’s why their shorts fit me? Again UK shops. We’re not all size 4’s and 10/12 is not a large! Nanny chose a Hargandaz ice cream and Gdog had noodles and veg from the Chinese stand.

Half way through Jasmine stopped eating and said she didn’t feel very well. I shot out of my chair like never before. Mum just sat there saying “what’s wrong Jazzy?” Hello did you not just here her? She said she didn’t feel very well! I’m then shouting at her to deal with her! They then went outside for a bit and I moved seats. They came back in 10 minutes later and mum announced she just felt a bit dizzy. If you feel dizzy then say you feel dizzy, not that you don’t feel very well. I keep telling people at work when they say they feel ill with a cold, that they don’t feel ill they feel poorly! There’s a difference people! Anything that comes out of you = ill - anything else = poorly. But if you feel dizzy, it’s just you feel dizzy!

She then didn’t finish her food but was apparently fine after she went outside into the air. I was only on edge for maybe 20 minutes after, so it is improvement.

We then all headed to Bath & Body works where we stocked up on handgels and Soap. We then left Jas and Gdog on a bench whilst we “quickly” popped to all the bag shops, Michael Kors, Kate Spade and Ted Baker! We were a long time in MK. The store had 70% off and then an additional 20% off! I chose a lovely bag and a pair of shoes for mum to get me for my bday. Discounts galore. Kate Spade was the same - some 70% then additional 20%, some 60% with additional 20% some total 75% off! One of the bags with the 70% then 20% was something ridiculous like $399 to $40!

Ted Baker didn’t have the suitcase/bag I was after so may have to order that online, but they did have a lovely dress I’ve brought for a wedding later on in the year!

Many trips back and forth to the car to drop things off. We headed to UGG to see if we could find some UGG flip flops for Jaine but they didn’t have any like my ones. I quickly ran to Forever 21 and grabbed 2 tops. We then made one last stop at Victoria Secret and Ralph Lauren. Victoria Secret was depressing. In the London ones everything’s nearly laid out and you can clearly see if the sizes. Well in here, it’s a jumble sale. They seem to again, only make underwear for size 4’s or size 40. Or a size 4 needing bras the size of watermelons. In the nicest way possible, all the women who worked there were not size 4’s! Luckily a lady was putting my size out in a new tray right in front of us. I grabbed them all and chucked them in the bag!

We might be heading to Florida Mall at some point and they have a Victoria Secret and a PINK store. Fingers crossed I’ll have better luck in there.

We then drove home and made dinner, reflected on how good the discounts were and then a few games of cards.

Think we’re all ready for sleep, even though we did less steps than a park day!

Edited at 03:58 AM.
Dixiechic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

That’s some shopping haul!
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Hope you enjoyed your Five guys aside from Jas feeling ‘ill’ Phoebe you are funny with all your ill, poorly, dizzy descriptions!
Your shopping sounds epic! I would have loved to see all the bags shoes shorts etc. Am not sure the Florida mall will have the bargains that the outlet does, we went to millenia mall and didn’t buy anything (except cheesecake) as it was so much more expensive than the outlets. Six hours sleep Ann well done! I usually need 8, but DH has been snoring like crazy last night I feel like death today.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Hope you enjoyed your Five guys aside from Jas feeling ‘ill’ Phoebe you are funny with all your ill, poorly, dizzy descriptions!
Your shopping sounds epic! I would have loved to see all the bags shoes shorts etc. Am not sure the Florida mall will have the bargains that the outlet does, we went to millenia mall and didn’t buy anything (except cheesecake) as it was so much more expensive than the outlets. Six hours sleep Ann well done! I usually need 8, but DH has been snoring like crazy last night I feel like death today.
we’re needing Florida mall for the morphe store too. Literally going to fly in for two shops!
Old 13 May 19, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jules32
slightly serious Dibber

Jules32's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
what a great haul ( we need more pics ha ha ) i'm so looking forward to the shopping ( and the snacks)
Cabana bay 2024
DCA OCT 23
Jules32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Never made it to malls last visit (shocking I know! ) so determined to remedy that this trip! Do you have a preferred mall?
GezzasGem is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jules32 View Post
what a great haul ( we need more pics ha ha ) i'm so looking forward to the shopping ( and the snacks)
Will try and take some pics later!
Old 14 May 19, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by GezzasGem View Post
Never made it to malls last visit (shocking I know! ) so determined to remedy that this trip! Do you have a preferred mall?
We like the premium outlets at international drive and Vineland Avenue. Vineland has a bigger character warehouse but international drive has bath and body works and Victoria secret
Old 14 May 19, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxy101
Getting Excited

My daughter wants to go to Victoria Secrets & Bath Bodyworks while we are there, I might have a look in Kate Spade & MK I'm not familiar with streets etc the outlet you visited is that at the top of International Drive or Seaworld end? Thanks x
Old 14 May 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dixiechic
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by galaxy101 View Post
My daughter wants to go to Victoria Secrets & Bath Bodyworks while we are there, I might have a look in Kate Spade & MK I'm not familiar with streets etc the outlet you visited is that at the top of International Drive or Seaworld end? Thanks x
The one with Victoria secret and bath and body works is the one that is at the international drive/sea world end. The other one is smaller and not far from Disney Springs x