Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 Aug 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scouser View Post
Can I just add my own preference when sorting your alamo car on arrival.
I have always done olci, but when I arrive at alamo I have always gone to the self service kiosk and printed my own agreement, it takes 5 mins you enter your license details and and your reservation pops up/ swipe your cc then you just select any add ons you want or prepay fuel then it prints your agreement, now the reason i do this is the total charges always reads zero and when i get to the barrier with my car they can,t add any sneaky charges on as i have done it all myself at the kiosk, it's worked great everytime.
Hi
Slightly confused, a sign of getting old, how do they know the cars registration when you print the agreement of at the kiosk? don’t they then print the actual agreement with this info at the gate? If so it would still be possible to add sneaky extras.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
Slightly confused, a sign of getting old, how do they know the cars registration when you print the agreement of at the kiosk? don’t they then print the actual agreement with this info at the gate? If so it would still be possible to add sneaky extras.
Alex
They dont add anything at the barrier, the lady just scanned the barcode on my vehicle and checked my agreement I had printed out at the kiosk, she asked to check my licence then sent me on my way, this was last sunday morning.

Edited at 01:19 PM. Reason: Typo
scouser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

They dont add anything at the barrier, the lady just scanned the barcode on my vehicle and checked my agreement I had printed out at the kiosk, she asked to check my licence then sent me on my way, this was last sunday morning.
Hi
Very interesting your rental agreement doesn’t show what class of vehicle or the license plate # then. I always thought you had to keep the rental agreement in the vehicle for law enforcement purposes, seems a bit pointless if it doesn’t show the vehicle details.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi
Very interesting your rental agreement doesn’t show what class of vehicle or the license plate # then. I always thought you had to keep the rental agreement in the vehicle for law enforcement purposes, seems a bit pointless if it doesn’t show the vehicle details.
Alex
Just checked my agreement in the car it, shows all charges at zero and I have another little ticket which the lady at the barrier gave me ( apologies I forgot about this ) with the car details and mileage, the self service kiosk works for me it might not work for everyone, but it is advertised by alamo as an alternative to going to the desk.
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just checked my agreement in the car it, shows all charges at zero and I have another little ticket which the lady at the barrier gave me ( apologies I forgot about this ) with the car details and mileage, the self service kiosk works for me it might not work for everyone, but it is advertised by alamo as an alternative to going to the desk.
Just out of interest is this your experience at SFB? I've never seen self-service kiosks at MCO but maybe I'm always in too much of a rush to get the full size row.

Mick
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
Good suggestion using the kiosks especially for anyone wanting to ensure the agreement shows $zero without the pressure of doing it at the gate.
Alex
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just out of interest is this your experience at SFB? I've never seen self-service kiosks at MCO but maybe I'm always in too much of a rush to get the full size row.

Mick
Hi Mick
Think they may at the Alamo desks in the terminal, if they’re still there, but others have commented in the past that they’re not alway operational.
Alex
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hi Mick
Think they may at the Alamo desks in the terminal, if they’re still there, but others have commented in the past that they’re not alway operational.
Alex
Thanks Alex

Haven't been near the terminal desk in years.

Mick
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks Alex

Haven't been near the terminal desk in years.

Mick
Me neither Mick but various threads say they exist, not that I could confirm that. You’ll be able to check when you pick up your VTP.😆
Alex
Old 26 Aug 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Me neither Mick but various threads say they exist, not that I could confirm that. You’ll be able to check when you pick up your VTP.😆
Alex
If I'm not on auto-pilot going through the first toll on 417 within 10 minutes of getting to the VTP desk there'll be serious trouble.

Mick