Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Oct 19, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Remebering too that feeling of checking in to the Yacht Club (albeit a good few years ago and before the refurb). Can feel your family's joy and happiness in what lies ahead in your written words.

Isn't it fab when the kids are old enough to go off and do their own thing whilst you both do yours?

As a side note, hope the serious issues at work were resolved and didn't impact upon your family time together.
Glad you can sense that feeling in words Ruth, I sometimes find it difficult to share the excitement and the sheer joy of it all, check in today was so good!

As for kids going off and enjoying themselves alone - it is fantastic, the boys feel totally at ease in parks and the reliable wifi allows them to either message or send us daft videos

Work will be a feature of this trip report - can't say anything yet but will keep you updated.

reminds me I need to try to sort out those photos from Dibb air day - will get something posted about that as it was such a great dibb meet

Appreciate your reading and comments too - thank you

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Quensabob View Post
Checking in is the beat moment of any holiday, knowing you have all your holiday ahead of you!
Looking forward to the rest!
When it goes right - it is
We were always in mind as to what happened last year and expecting it all to go pear shared again!
Thankfully - we got the red carpet treatment in the most beautiful place to stay.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with us

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

The Yacht club is gorgeous, thanks for sharing your day!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Yacht Club looks like a beautiful hotel and I'm so glad everything was OK on arrival.
The food in Japan looks lovely and I think it's somewhere we will be trying on our next visit.
Old 27 Oct 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Wonderful memories,the hotel really is special isn’t it .its worth every penny to walk back to your room after the fireworks.

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That lobster car is awesome! I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

What a great check in experience a world away from the last one. I suppose the guy at the gate who let you in radioed ahead but even so, that's a classy entrance. It's a shame you forgot to ask where your red carpet was when you were greeted by name!

A lovely afternoon in Epcot, our first ever ride at WDW was on the old Soarin around California a great way for you to start your last trip and to see IllumiNations too. Aaahhh you're home.
Joe has a thing about cars ! Had to get him to scramble for the phone to get a photo, can you imagine driving around in something like that

Red carpet was not needed - the smell and the welcome left us dumbstruck!

Yes - we really did feel as if we were home - or most certainly in our happy place

Still miss the old Soarin' but more of that in upcoming days

Old 31 Oct 19, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Th1nkT1nk View Post
Yacht club sounds idyllic! You obviously fell in love with the place and reading how they welcomed you and seeing photos of the place, I can see why. The proximity to Epcot is also a massive plus I’d think! Thanks for sharing your first day with us, it sounds wonderful

Thank you
You got exactly what we were experiencing - proximity to Epcot and just the whole place blew us away . Hope you enjoy reading about the rest of our trip too

Old 31 Oct 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I hate to say it but it’s somewhere I will never stay again . All the other deluxe hotels just beat this place hands down and I’m sad to say it if I’m honest .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Flimsey View Post
Sounds like a great Disney day! We are staying at the beach club next year and this has made me even more excited

Hope you enjoy reading the rest - will try to include some tips that might help your planning for next year too - beautiful place to stay.

Originally Posted by Floridafour View Post
What a great start 👍
I would love to stay in one of the Epcot resort area hotels, life goals 🙂
Look forward to reading more

Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip with us and our exploration of such an amazing place to stay and to enjoy a holiday when you feel as if you are so close to the parks.
Amazing place to stay

Old 31 Oct 19, 12:49 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
I’m sensing perfection in this start to the holiday. Many an hour of planning has gone into reaching these heights. Amazing!

Thank you - you sensed right xx