Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Nov 19, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) Going Out in a Blaze of Glory - Summer of Sorcery 2019 - DAY 4- Hotel,Studios and a Hooley!

Welcome back again - you made it...I hoped you would!

Thanks for your continued reading

Today we actually had a bit of a lie in followed by some pool time in the beautiful surroundings of our hotel, an afternoon at the Studios followed by an evening to remember at Disney Springs

If you missed Day 3 it can be read by clicking here.

If you would like locate the whole index, please click here to get back to the start of this whole trip.

Welcome to Day 4 - Saturday 27th July 2019

We had decided on a lie in this morning, before we had even gone to sleep last night and so it was welcomed when we fought off the 5 and 6 o’clock wake up ( the family next door with the young baby had moved on, so the 7am call for food was avoided too) and we all managed to sleep until around 10- just in time for final qualifying for the Grand Prix on TV!

There was a quiet knock at the door, even Mouse Keeping knew we were on a slow one this morning!

She asked what would be a good time to come back- we suggested an hour, but it was the signal to get our act together and get some breakfast.

We headed to the Beach Club as they did a hot option.

Glad we were not paying for it though, as at $12 it was poor value - we did manage to top the drink option into the breakfast though - for later on I hasten to add.

Two beers and two wines made better use of the CS credit for 4, the boys had the privilege of sitting on their backsides and having breakfast brought out to them – when quick service become table service in an instant!

The hi top tables outside the Beach Club shop do make for a great place to eat and we were fortunate to get the space, to once again watch the world pass by whilst we ate!

From there we really did need to pull our day together – with the sun out and adding significant heat to the day, We headed to a very busy pool area- with the sun finally out this morning it was noticeable just how much busier it was today! Everyone had beaten us to it!

We found a couple of seats and just enjoyed the heat the sun and the pool.

Time pushed until nearly 2 pm and with the boys once more devouring another Beaches and Cream snack – this is really something so good here – the snack credits really do get hit!

We showered changed and packed the bag ready for the rest of the day. I have avoided taking a bag for so many days so far, in order to expedite the whole bag check bit, but it means I don’t have my camera and that is never a good thing when wanting certain low light photos that the phone just can’t cope with.

With a quick turnaround we were on the boat and off to The Studios.

The view as we arrived was such a difference from where we left, last year, the bus stops now all complete, Skyliner ready to go and a brand new tram loop, together with new entrances- a significant move forward and worth noting that the old ‘secret path’ has well and truly gone forever.

The whole area still reflects a consistent nod to the Art Deco architecture and I have to admit I am delighted to see that they have maintained this with in all of the transformation of the park seen already.

It always set MGM apart from other places and really does have a visual impact when you enter the park especially.

Our first stop was for Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster which will be celebrating its 20th anniversary on Monday.

We got seated together at the back and despite the long queues we were on the ride in 20 minutes.

On exit we went to experience the brand new Cars show in the theatre next door.
It was actually quite entertaining, possibly something we won’t do again, but we did it.

Just in time to go and experience my favourite ride of them all, and one that I know we will not ride as often as would usually, due to them refurbing the ride whilst keeping half of it open.

That meant for a 120 minute standby wait, for us the fast pass was excellent, we were nigh on walk on and it saved a huge amount of time.
When we move off site I never managed to get another fast pass for the whole trip so I will enjoy and be glad !

Refreshments were calling so Joe got a Starbucks ice tea, Josh an iced cup whilst Alison and I headed to the Baseline Tap House.

We do like it here, and once again we enjoyed a beer /cider in a place we had only previously loved to drink coffee and look at the books – it Will Always be The Writer’s Stop to us though!
We did make a stop and look at these beautiful pieces of art , that I still wish I had bought ( at least I have a photo for the memories!)

The boys joined us, we were then Toy Story Land bound!

Where we found Joe's friend..
Still had not found any plush though

BE warned - there is a special Trip report being written as I type this by the boys - all about the quest for Forky!

On entry the 20 minute advertised wait for Toy Story Mania turned into a 5 minute near walk on.

Slinky dog was next, with the opportunity to photograph Star Wars land from amid Slinky Dog!
New tails now affixed to Slinky

We had enjoyed our dip into DHS today and with an acknowledgment that One Man’s Dream was showing again – A must see if you have ever missed it (he writes again!)

We also had a couple of photos taken with the Chinese Theatre in the back ground as we made for the exit (The selfies were better than the photopass ones as they ended up seriously out of focus!)

As much as it was frustrating tearing away from a park when you had only just got going, just to wait for a bus that would take us to Disney Springs.

It did not take too long to arrive, which was pleasing as we had only just missed one.

We arrived around 6-45 and with the heat turned up to full we enjoyed just baking in the sun and then popping into some air con just to cool down - we also went into World of Disney to pick up the Disney gift card and to continue our quest to find the seemingly unfindable 2019 Disney licence plate.

We have one from every other trip and I’m already thinking this may be elusive this year.

We were a little early for our reservation at Raglan Road, so I got a pint of Guinness to listen to the most amazing violin player and her sister on guitar.

Joe was given the camera and did a pretty good job - he really does have an eye for a picture.

They got us in the mood, so when we the buzzer vibrated to let us know our table was ready we were ready for the hooley that lay ahead.

What we were not ready for was the most wonderful table we had been given.

So close to the stage and just a perfect view of both stages for the night. We could not have asked for a better place.

The atmosphere in here was jumping and it was what makes a night here so memorable- along with the food.

Tonight, we chose differently from previous choices, except Josh who stuck with the fish and chips, Joe had a burger and Alison and I went for the steak.

We also ordered an extra portion of onion rings.

Well the food was just sublime, steak especially, the fish and burger were excellent too.

As was the service, I was more in awe of our server for a long time tonight, the number of covers he was expected to deal with, and the incredible speed and tenacity in doing all of that with such a smile and love of everything that was going on around him.

It was quality service and always with a smile – does not take much, but so much noticed over here than at home.

With a few stops for a sing song and to admire the quality of the dancing. This was a fantastic night out.

Dessert was good too with the raspberry pavlova, lemon clouds (meringue) and the apple crumble not seeking a box to go back to the hotel, there was nothing left!

Such a difficult place to take photos in !

With a pint of Guinness to wash it down and the band starting for the second part of the night we called it a night around 10-20, walking back to the bus stop and heading back to the Yacht Club after a great afternoon and evening.

We were two hours in Raglan Road and it was such a pleasure to have the time and the good service to thoroughly enjoy the night.

We were never made to feel rushed through and were just held spellbound by the quality of the entertainment, the food and the whole ambiance of the place.

Great night out and it also allowed us the opportunity to enjoy the Disney Springs area on a Saturday night, it was buzzing and had so much live music on offer.

We returned to our hotel room at 11-15 with very few plans for tomorrow- we’ll see what that brings!

Well, that lack of a plan lasted just a matter of minutes!
Plan changed very quickly for tomorrow, thanks to a sneaky look at MDE before sleep!

Alarm set and see you in the morning.

Thanks for reading.

Day 5 is a click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:07 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely relaxed day and you managed to see One Mans Dream.
Old 16 Nov 19, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
jocesk
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Great writing and such a beautiful family. Thoroughly enjoying it
jocesk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fabulous day.

Agree with your comments on how the park renovations are authentic to the HS/MGM style.

Superb view at Raglan Road, food there is always reliable but seems that you struck gold that day with food and service.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Wow. Really enjoyed reading this! Raglan Road is somewhere I’ve not considered previously, but the food looks great (especially the pudding!) and I love live music so I’ll definitely take a look into this more sounds like another great day, all-in-all!

Edited at 04:02 PM.
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
A real slow start to the day. I bet those snack credits got a hammering at the ice cream window. Ooh I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I love that it was a whistle stop tour of HS. Those are some of the best rides. I think your photos in front of the theatre are lovely.

Raglan Road sounds good again this year and a fun evening was had by all. It seems to me that you're all having a blast taking things at your own pace and not trying to shoe horn stuff in. Taking the time to enjoy the music (and the beers) lovely memories.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Lovely day .its never occurred to me to have bottled beer with the breakfast credits .what a good tip - i’m Doing that when we go

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 19, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Lovely relaxed day and you managed to see One Mans Dream.
Thank you
I know I keep on about it but One Mans Dream is just a must see for everyone.

Thanks for your continued reading

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
Great writing and such a beautiful family. Thoroughly enjoying it
Aw thank you

Really appreciate your lovely words. Thank you so much and hope you enjoy the rest of the journey with us

Old 24 Nov 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Another fabulous day.

Agree with your comments on how the park renovations are authentic to the HS/MGM style.

Superb view at Raglan Road, food there is always reliable but seems that you struck gold that day with food and service.
Having read so many conflicting reports of service at Raglan Road, I know we got lucky.
Have to say though it was a fantastic night and the music, dancing and whole atmosphere was something to behold.

As always appreciate your comments Ruth