Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Anyone else already thinking about New Year Resolutions?

Don't get me wrong I absolutely cannot wait for Christmas, it's my favourite time of the year, but after reflecting on what wasn't the best 2018, and an absolute rubbish 2019, I am really looking to make 2020 a really good year. Now I know New Year Resolutions are quite cliche, and many people don't usually keep to them (me being one of them), but I am determined to keep to some of them at least.

Anyways here's mine so far

1: Try my hardest to get into the career I have been working hard to study for, as a famour man once said "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them", this definitely rings true to my career, so I'm actually going to get this quote printed on a canvas or in a picture and hang it in my study, to keep reminding me to follow those dreams!

2: Try and look after my mental health more, another big one for me, as for different reasons it's been a struggle this year, but I really want to try and enjoy life more rather than struggle through it.

3: Not so much of a deep one, but finally start tattoo I've been talking about for the last few years.

There will be a few more I'm sure but these are 3 for me currently.

So yeah much of next year is about making a fresh start for me, and just striving to make next year better

Anyone else have anyresolutions in place yet?
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Yes , mine is to be able to get to the end of each pay month and not have to wonder what I spent all the money on in the past 4 weeks. The spending in our house seems to be getting a bit silly at moment so need to curb it more !
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Call me a humbug, but I don't believe in new year's resolutions - why wait until 1st January to start making positive changes to your life?
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BlueMacaw
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

I really struggle emotionally over Christmas for many reasons, don’t get me wrong I put on a happy face and join in the celebrations, but it is also a difficult time for me.

So because of this I always suddenly feel more positive in January, the fog lifts and I look forward to starting a fresh. Most years I have something quite bad happen, so I look forward to the start of the new year in hope that this will be the year things improve!

That’s the reason I make resolutions, gives me something positive to focus on and look forward to at the start of the new year.

I’m not sure what mine will be yet, but I have a few ideas.
BlueMacaw is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thinking about New Years resolutions is about as far as I get.

If I want to make changes I’ll make them new year or not!
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumpy
slightly serious Dibber

As a very wise man once said "life is what happens whilst you are busy making plans" and if the last 18 months have taught me anything it's how true this is. So no I won't make any new year resolutions. If something needs changing then change it now why wait for some arbitrary date.
Lumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I don't believe in them. If I want to do things or make changes I can do so any time.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

I have a thread on here that I am doing 39 challenges before next Nov.

I just feel I need to spend more time on me/with others and step outside my comfort zone 😊

Good luck with your new year resolutions 😊
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cybermum
Imagineer

cybermum's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
No resolutions for new year here. My best friend took his life January of this year and it was a huge devastating shock and jolt. Life is short, make changes each day that you want . Don't wait for a date, do it.
cybermum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh don't get me wrong I'm a big believer in making changes in the now rather than just looking at something like New Year Resolutions, I think for me it's more that the last 2 years have got progressively worse for me, and no matter what happens right now, overall 2019 will have been a pretty rubbish year, I am definitely trying to making changes as we speak, but I think looking at the bigger picture, I just want 2020 to overall be a much better and positive year.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List