Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Dec 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Airpods Pro

I would like to buy some new in-ear headphones and contemplating buying the airpods pro, but wondering whether they are worth the £249 price tag? Any other suggestions
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

DH loves his, they came with different sized ear cushions for a close fit so they don’t fall out. They are quick to charge and the case is compact. You can check the battery level fit them on you phone and use them individually if you want to. He loves the fact that the case can charge the headphones without needing to plug it in to give them power for extra listening time. Ideal for long journeys and longer work shifts or just chilling out listening to music al leisure.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

People I have spoken to say they are good, but not necessarily worth twice the price of the standard ones. I have the standard ones for the gym and I like them a lot - did not think i would but they are very good.
Old 18 Dec 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

I bought some in Florida a couple of weeks ago and used them on the flight home, wow, couldn't hear any engine noise or surrounding chatter, worth every penny in my opinion.
Old 18 Dec 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
PrinceAliAbabwa
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by MillieMoo23 View Post
I would like to buy some new in-ear headphones and contemplating buying the airpods pro, but wondering whether they are worth the £249 price tag? Any other suggestions
I've got the Jabra Elite 65t, they replaced my 1st gen AirPods, and they are amazing, much better sound than the AirPods, you can pick them up online for £100-£120, there's also a new version out called the 75t, which are around £175, but not much difference between them.

They don't have active noise cancellation but once they are in and playing music, you don't hear much else!

Edited at 03:53 PM.
PrinceAliAbabwa is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I got a pair of regular airpods earlier this year.

Then after reading all the reviews about the airpods pro I went to try them out last month at my local Apple store. They have demo sets that let you try out the noise cancellation and transparency mode. I caved and bought a pair. Will add that I am not in the UK so it is a little bit cheaper for me (just under £220).

It also helped that the Apple store has very generous return policies - I bought mine during the extended return period (Christmas) so I still have until January 8 if I want to return them. And in fact the Apple store people do tell you that you can buy them, try them out, and return them if you don't like them enough. So I had almost nothing to lose in buying a pair from the Apple store to try out - if I liked them enough I'd keep them, if I didn't then I'd return them for a full refund.

So far, I absolutely love mine. I'm still not sure if they are worth the price tag, but I'm keeping them!

Pairing with other Apple devices - they work fantastically well with my iPhone and Macbook. Almost seamless pairing, whereas other bluetooth earphones I've had in the past have required some button pressing and waiting each time to pair - even the BeatsX which are technically Apple and have the special Apple chip. With the airpods (pro and regular) you just take them out of the case and they pair automatically with your iPhone.

In ear design - they have 3 sizes of earbuds to try. I've found the size I use to be very comfortable, and on its own it provides decent noise isolation. They also stay in my ear pretty well, even when running.

Noise cancellation - pretty happy with this. I commute on trains that go underground, and the noise cancellation means I can hear my music very well even when there is a lot of background noise. Doesn't mean that all the background noise is gone, but enough of it is taken away for me. At the gym the noise cancellation plus noise isolation means that I don't hear the drone of the treadmills, and don't really mind if there is loud music being blasted as I can ignore most of it. I can hear my TV shows over the background noise in the gym now!

Transparency mode - also very happy with this. This basically means that the earphones let in ambient sound, as if you weren't wearing any earphones at all. Means I can have a conversation with someone, or listen out for surrounding sounds, without needing to remove the airpods from my ear.

So far these are by far the best earphones I've had, both for my regular commute and for running. Extremely happy with my airpods pro. Only problem is that I don't know what to do with my old regular airpods now...
Old 18 Dec 19, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
MillieMoo23
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies. I’ll give it some more thought
MillieMoo23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
moolie19
Imagineer

moolie19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have a pair and love mine, they are great for blocking out noise at work.
moolie19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DH had the original ones but the batteries needed replacing so he treated himself to the pros and he loves them.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

Glad to read this as I ordered some this morning. When I ordered them it said I could pick them up on Sunday from Argos but since then I had an email saying they might not be available until the 30th so I am a bit gutted.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List