Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Oct 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mightyfraz
Getting Excited

Florida 2019 - Tell Me This Isn't The Last Time - Day 17 - Outlets, Celebration & Buffalo Wild Wings

The index is here.

Monday 12th August 2019

The plan today was to go to Epcot where we have FPs for Soarin, Nemo and Figment. We thought about maybe going to a Mall or an Outlets in the afternoon and the either Manny’s or Millers for dinner.

We go up later than normal and yep, again breakfast was had at the villa. We decided to go semi off-plan and got to the Premium Outlets at International Drive rather than Epcot. We didn’t go up there on the last trip as I took the wrong turning, got really confused and decided to go the ones at Vineland DW had been working out the number of steps she had done since we started the holiday

There wasn’t anything specific any one of us was looking but you all know how those shopping trip go! First shop was Kate Spade where DW bought another handbag we had a wander around, DDs bought some things from Victoria’s Secret and then we went into the Disney Character Warehouse. It was more like a store closing sale than the one in Vineland; without exaggerating the lady in front of me bought about thirty pairs of socks as they were very cheap with the discount then were something like buy 2 get 1 free. We hadn’t planned on buying anything until we saw the Avatar Banshee on sale; they were exactly the same ones as in AK but for $20 each. Despite me saying we didn’t need them and how are we going to fit them into the luggage; DW said we could give them as birthday gifts as we have younger nephews. A year later we still have one in the back room waiting for an owner Then it was time for lunch.

I think the food court here is better than the one at Vineland as slightly more choice. DW and DD1 had a Quesadilla Combo, DD2 had a 4-piece Tender box and I had a 5 Guys. Altogether the cost was $34.84 (£28.79).

DW looked in Dress Barn for a dress as her brother was getting married in September. She tried on a lot of dresses and it boiled down to two; I said that she doesn’t often see dresses she likes so grab both. The assistant was lovely and we were having a bit of a laugh with her; I cheekily asked if there was a two-dress discount she said there wasn’t I think both dresses worked out about $150 which DW was happy about so we paid; the assistant gave us a discount so we got them for $120

We looked in a couple more stores then headed back to the villa where we chilled for a bit. After a little while it started raining so DDs finished swimming and got changed, we decided to go to Celebration for a look around. We went on the last trip and it absolutely poured down leaving DDs to think that it was a haunted village.

Anyway, fortunately it was clear skies when we parked up, we had a walk around, stopping at the rocking chairs before having a look around.

We ended up back at the car which was parked by Wonderland Cookie Dough, so DDs had to pop in and have something

They went for the Crownie which was delicious

We started to drive back to 192 and didn’t know whether to go to Manny’s Chop House or Miller’s Ale House; so we decided on Buffalo Wild Wings DW wanted to go there on the last visit and we never went, so another first.

It was a lot like Miller’s which I really like, just would love to spend the afternoon trying out all of the draught beers. Our waitress was very good as there are a lot of options to be had and she explained it all very well.

DD1 had Mozzarella Sticks; DD2 had traditional wings covered in spicy garlic sauce and fries; DW and I had traditional boneless combo, half of DW’s chicken was covered in jamming jalapeño, the other half in buffalo medium, mine was covered in spicy garlic and jamming jalapeño. DDs had a coke each, I had Kona big wave golden ale and DW had Bud lite.

The food was really tasty although one of the dips was too hot for DD2. We were having a good conversation with our server (sorry really can’t remember her name) about coming to Orlando for Disney; she asked whether we’ve been before and what we had done. We asked her if was she at college and she said she worked in Disney in the Little Mermaid area, so I asked was she part of the ride, she replied “No….I’m friends with Arial”. DD2 was excited that we met Arial

I’d recommend going here for something light to eat and we certainly will be back. It cost $77.49 (£64.04). We headed back to the villa, had a beer and played Uno.

It was a great day today, nice and chilled, had a look around Premium Outlets and Celebration.

We have a couple of options for tomorrow; it’s either US/IOA or AK where we have FPs for Lion King, Kilimanjaro Safari and Expedition Everest. Dinner was at Hard Rock Café. Day 18 can be found here

Edited at 09:59 AM.
Mightyfraz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like a nice relaxing day

Joan