Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Oct 20, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Who will still do Disney next year if the restrictions remain?

As the title asks...

We were originally booked for 2 weeks YC this summer, with free ddp. It was to be our ‘Disney ultimate’ holiday and the plan was to be completely immersed in the bubble- obviously that never happened!

We had already got next year booked as a villa holiday and we’re planning in just doing universal and done of the other Orlando attractions- skipping Disney as originally we would have done a full 2 weeks this year.

We changed next years holiday to 19 nights do that we could add on 7 nights at YC - taking ‘advantage’ of the 2 free nights/ gift card offer.

With the recent news about cancellation of essentially all the shows until who knows when, I’m now really struggling go to see the draw given the extortionate price tag.

I’m not sure how universal is faring compared to Disney in this respect, and obviously a lot can change by next year- but starting to think we should cancel Disney and just do universal and Orlando as originally planned.

Anyone else currently booked but having a re-think?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We are booked and current thinking is that yes, we would still go. Can't wait in fact!
Definitely a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder! The more I can't go the more I want to.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sophsters
slightly serious Dibber

Ive just booked for Oct 21 doing DW. We've been twice before but have never done Disney, so it will be our first experience of it, which i suppose means we dont have anything to compare it to so we definitely cant wait!

Cumbrian Lakes 2014
Glenbrook 2017
sophsters is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

That’s a good question.

For me, I’m plowing on with the hope that things will be back to normal enough for us to go by next summer.

So for now, I’m leaving my reservations as they are and take a look at it closer to the time.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We currently have our Universal AP frozen so assuming we will be going in May then we have some passes. Whilst I wouldn't totally rule out Disney, on current restrictions we certainly wouldn't be buying a 14 day Ultimate but could see us doing 1-2 days
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I booked flights in a bit of a mad moment. And we can stay in DVC for no extra cost. But I’m not feeling inclined to buy park tickets at the moment. I will reserve judgement and maybe we will do all the things we never get around too. Things like a trip to the beach. Boggy creek. Mount Dora. At Augustine. I put them on my list every year and every year we end up skipping them. So I can see an option for limited park days (I think Star Wars could pull us in)
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

I have two trips booked for next year and will go aslong as we’re allowed to fly, yeh it may not be back to normal but it may be few years before things go back to normal and can’t wait that long for a Disney fix
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

I can kind of accept it not being totally back to normal, it’s more the cost of the onsite stay with none of the usual perks ( 60 day FP/ EMH/ dining reservations / free ddp etc etc) all that remains is the proximity to the parks, without the usual attractions like fireworks/ parades/ shows etc- I’m feeling more inclined to get 7 day tickets and stay offsite for a fraction of the price. Would even consider a universal stay instead. Like others have said- will wait and see for now.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Yes!
This will be our 3rd attempt at this holiday that was meant to be in July, moved to Easter & now back to July!
We just want to go now so don’t mind the restrictions, masks & everything else!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 20, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We’ve currently got 7 nights at CSR booked to still get our gift vouchers and two free days plus the 14 nights for price of 7 tickets.

I’m then going to book the Hilton Buena Vista Palace for 4 nights to continue using the tickets then 4 nights at RPR as we’ve got seasonal passes from upgrading them last year.

I am hoping that they will at least bring back paid for dinning and fast passes closer to the time once they start to allow more guests into the parks.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List