Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Will be interesting to see what they can do with such a tiny bathroom - looks like the shell sink is overlapping the bath ? with modern sleek designs you should see such an improvement
It doesn't overlap but only just lol it is very tight at that end of the bathroom. Really can't wait for it to be done
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
It doesn't overlap but only just lol it is very tight at that end of the bathroom. Really can't wait for it to be done
I think with the new design you and combined vanity unit you will have room for a party in it ! Cant wait to see them finished job
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The combined unit for the loo and the sink will look so much nicer,

Sleek, no pipes on display, 'free' storage space and no condensation on the tank for the loo as it's hidden away.

Tip of the day - Ask the fitters to not fit the supplied fill valve for the loo as it will sadly be the usual plastic Chinese junk.
Ask them to put in a brass shanked one instead.

Only circa £15 but will last 3 times as long.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Look forward to seeing it done, We are same , only a tiny downstairs loo starting next week lol.
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Look forward to seeing the finished pics 👍

We’re kind of working our way through the kitchen, bathroom and downstairs toilet atm - they’re all in various stages of refurb, but still usable 😆
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Love the scalloped sink! Brings back happy memories of living at home. Great idea about a coffee station, am sure they will be grateful for that. Look forward to seeing the after pics Sam!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Love the scalloped sink! Brings back happy memories of living at home. Great idea about a coffee station, am sure they will be grateful for that. Look forward to seeing the after pics Sam!
Louise we bought the original house that Jack built, we didn't plan on stopping here it was meant to be a stop gap after we managed to sell old house which flooded, we bought this quickly cos it's at top of a hill lol, anyway the bloke was a bodge artist the stuff we uncovered after moving in would make your eyes water, the bathroom though was probably even though old fashioned the only room we didn't have to rush to do owt apart from a new window. We were in less than a month before we needed a full rewire, thought we needed extra sockets but nope, nightmare, where TV unit was in front room when it was theirs they had had floorboards up to refit pipes for fire and instead of reboarding they covered it with an ice cream tub lid 🙄🙄🙄, if we'd trodden on it we'd have gone through, but we couldn't see owt cos was under carpet. Anyway we have decided we are staying put so that means doing the house up, don't get me wrong it's had work done on it but the big jobs... The expensive jobs we've put off cos didn't know what we were doing but now it's only the 3 of us this house is plenty big enough and we have lovely neighbours, that counts for a lot these days, will be living upside down and back to front for a few months with everything being done but will be worth it in the end xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

My MIL has that exact layout in her bathroom and it looks pretty much the exact same size as hers too. I know what you mean about it being a tardis, there is more room in it in person.

The way I look at it with smaller bathrooms is they’re cheaper to renovate as there’s less to do and plus they’re easier to keep clean, win win.

We are looking to move into a house similar to our MIL’s soon, (basically the only style of house in this village) and so I’ll be watching this thread for inspiration. I’m sure it’s going to be amazing.

Our current house had that sink in it and the matching bath when we moved in, real nostalgia.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
My MIL has that exact layout in her bathroom and it looks pretty much the exact same size as hers too. I know what you mean about it being a tardis, there is more room in it in person.

The way I look at it with smaller bathrooms is they’re cheaper to renovate as there’s less to do and plus they’re easier to keep clean, win win.

We are looking to move into a house similar to our MIL’s soon, (basically the only style of house in this village) and so I’ll be watching this thread for inspiration. I’m sure it’s going to be amazing.

Our current house had that sink in it and the matching bath when we moved in, real nostalgia.
It is Definately bigger than it looks, our old house the bathroom was smaller so even though this is small it was a step up size wise
Old 10 Nov 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
It is Definately bigger than it looks, our old house the bathroom was smaller so even though this is small it was a step up size wise
Yeah I don’t think it’s a bad size at all. Looks a pretty average size to me.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List