Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Nov 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I'm not using the bucket bianca lol that's flush as cisterns gone... Paul can be chief flusher haha x
LOL I did think it was for flushing and not outside the backdoor Very wise to delegate flushing duties, though!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Great thread, looking forward to seeing your updates and progress pictures.
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Day one done... Those guys worked their socks off today the bathroom is just a shell now down to bare brick and ceilings gone too, just a lonely toilet in the corner that we have to flush for next few days with a bucket.

Room looks so much bigger with nowt in and I just keep thinking with each day its going to look better, tomorrow its the electrics for spotlights and we have a pull cord light at minute in bathroom and that's going to move to an outside switch instead so that will be done too and ceiling will be reboarded... The mess and the colour of them when they took old ceiling down 😳😳, they both looked like they were the black and white minstrels 😳😳, but they have cleaned everything away ready for next guys tomorrow, so far so good, still on plan whixh for this house is a bloody miracle 🏡😂🙄
You have my sympathies with your house We never know what we are going to find when we start something. We were told a builder built it, well wouldn't want to buy any of his other houses or maybe he used it to train people either way it has been a real experience!

BTW I think it is law now that you have to have extractor fans in bathrooms, we had to have one in each although as the cloakroom doesn't have a bath/shower we didn't need one in there.

Good luck x
Old 10 Nov 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ooh cant wait to see. Its next on my hit list here!
Old 11 Nov 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
We extended our house about 20 years ago and haven't done anything major since. We're normally very busy so found ourselves with lots of spare time during lockdown, and luckily my husband is very good at DIY (he could pretty much build a house from the ground up) so we decided to do a big refurb of the house. He's done absolutely everything except one job. Wonder if you can spot which one that was?
I don't have any before photos but I do have a few "during" ones.

First was our ensuite, which had a long-standing leak behind the shower tiles. Took out the shower and tray, stripped off the tiles and plasterboard, cut out damp insulation and rotten battens. Took out the toilet and basin.
Put backer board in round the shower, new plasterboard, retiled the whole room (blue on two walls, grey on the others), cleaned up the shower and tray and put everything back. These photos are of the same corner.

Next was the hall. New skirtings (the dog ate them when he was a puppy!), floor tiles, painted the walls grey (I did do quite a bit of that , and put lights in the ceiling. Here's a photo from before we put the new skirtings on and painted the walls, and one of the finished job. We plan to replace the doors as well so haven't bothered repainting those.

While all that was happening, this arrived to replace the 30 year old sliding door that we haven't used for a couple of years because the lock was broken and couldn't be replaced...

He's now onto the main bathroom - the old bath has gone (it's been broken and unused for several years as we can't get spare parts) - we had to cut it up in the bathroom , the old shower's also gone. The new tiles, bath and shower are sitting on the landing so there's quite a bit more to do with this one yet.

That's all the major jobs - lots more painting to do, to freshen up everywhere else but that's relatively easy, thank goodness
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian

Edited at 12:14 AM.
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by folkie View Post
We extended our house about 20 years ago and haven't done anything major since. We're normally very busy so found ourselves with lots of spare time during lockdown, and luckily my husband is very good at DIY (he could pretty much build a house from the ground up) so we decided to do a big refurb of the house. He's done absolutely everything except one job. Wonder if you can spot which one that was?
I don't have any before photos but I do have a few "during" ones.

First was our ensuite, which had a long-standing leak behind the shower tiles. Took out the shower and tray, stripped off the tiles and plasterboard, cut out damp insulation and rotten battens. Took out the toilet and basin.
Put backer board in round the shower, new plasterboard, retiled the whole room (blue on two walls, grey on the others), cleaned up the shower and tray and put everything back. These photos are of the same corner.

Next was the hall. New skirtings (the dog ate them when he was a puppy!), floor tiles, painted the walls grey (I did do quite a bit of that , and put lights in the ceiling. Here's a photo from before we put the new skirtings on and painted the walls, and one of the finished job. We plan to replace the doors as well so haven't bothered repainting those.

While all that was happening, this arrived to replace the 30 year old sliding door that we haven't used for a couple of years because the lock was broken and couldn't be replaced...

He's now onto the main bathroom - the old bath has gone (it's been broken and unused for several years as we can't get spare parts) - we had to cut it up in the bathroom , the old shower's also gone. The new tiles, bath and shower are sitting on the landing so there's quite a bit more to do with this one yet.

That's all the major jobs - lots more painting to do, to freshen up everywhere else but that's relatively easy, thank goodness
Looks lovely.. Those blue tiles look fantastic, nice and bold x
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
We have a bit of an update and although it looks a mess still we are starting to look like we are getting a bathroom back. All the electrics are done, all old piping has been replaced that was a job and a half, plasterboarded and wetwalled, part of old wall rebuilt out. Bath has been built up today ready for plumber to connect fixtures and fittings to it, everything's on schedule which is a first with this house... now we can envisage how it will look and shades of grey (there arnt 50) I was let loose on M & S website and ordered new towels and accessories to do in bathroom so then it can all be dressed straight away when finished.
Here's a few pics from last couple of days

Wetwall starting to go up

New pipework for Bath and shower, rightly or wrongly we have gone for a shower that's connected to boiler, it's a lovely shower, well it looks lovely on box and that will be all boxed in apart from the shower heads and controllers so will look slicker.

Pipework boxed in behind Wetwall and we have a bath, a nice big white modern bath not a slim champagne one 🛀🛀🛀.
Next weeks pics should be a lot better and easier on the eye, and we've managed a lot easier than I thought we would and lillys coped well with the noise and her autism cos at times my heads been banging
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Looking forward to seeing your transformation. We are getting our ensuite done. Will have to wait until March. Would love some ideas. Will going shades of grey tiles etc I could blend in haha !

Edited at 04:55 PM.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

The end is in sight!

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
The end is in sight!
Yep ill be able to pee in luxury in a few days😂😂😂