Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Nov 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Upvc Windows

Does anyone have alternative coloured upvc windows / patio doors , I mean dark grey black etc? Any photos ?
Old 14 Nov 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

These are dark grey on the outer and white on the inner. Our house is one in an estate of 39 and is four years old. We only needed the one window and it would have looked odd had we done other than fit in with the other 350 or so windows on the estate. Grey looks good with buttery coloured K Rend walls imho in any case.

Please ignore the floor, the job is now complete (converting one of our garages into a dining room). Proof below.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 04:09 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Does anyone have alternative coloured upvc windows / patio doors , I mean dark grey black etc? Any photos ?
Hi Jane As you know, we've recently had our double glazing changed. We did consider the grey colours for window frames as I do like them but after being given the addresses to drive by of a couple of similar houses to ours the firms had done, we decided against them as they looked 'wrong' on our type of house, (i.e.new build of about about 17 years ago, detached, pale goldish colour brick) we felt. It looked wrong in the street somehow.

I think the greys look gorgeous on an older cottage, or if your house is white rendered for example, or has a brick colour which would tone well with greys?
but in the end, in our case, we decided upon the good old white.
But - we DID go for a smart black front door as I did fancy some kind of a change!

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
We just changed ours and went for white windows and navy blue door .

Grey wouldn’t have looked right with our bricks I don’t think , nor with the rest of the houses on our street .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

We just our bedroom done in English Oak colour. (Please excuse the state of the garden - that's the rabbits' garden, hence the lack of plants and general untidiness)

Old 14 Nov 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

We’ve just changed the style and colour of ours. Like others I wanted the dark grey but the CGI that the window company did just didn’t look right so we went for rosewood outside with single Georgian bar and white inside. We are very pleased with it. The garage conversion will have aluminium bifolds but it is just dark brown without the graining.

Here are the before and after
Old 14 Nov 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Thanks everyone and those pictures of your windows look lovely (all of them)

One house on our estate (which is meant to resemble a Victorian village has them , it suits their house they have painted the columns either side of the door a cream colour.

It won’t be till next year as we have priorities first ie ! Holidays 😂

Edited at 05:00 PM.
scottishmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I love the grey and I’m changing the front of my house but what if the colour goes out of ‘fashion’? Or fades?
Plus the other obstacle the back of the house doesn’t need doing as they were replaced a few years ago so might look odd with grey at front and white at back so I’ve stopped looking
Old 14 Nov 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishmum View Post
Thanks everyone and those pictures of your windows look lovely (all of them)

One house on our estate (which is meant to resemble a Victorian village has them , it suits their house they have painted the columns either side of the door a cream colour.

It won’t be till next year as we have priorities first ie ! Holidays 😂
Woo-hoo, quite right, absolutely!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List