Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
All good things have to end some time - Day 9, The End

This was a hard one to write up.

It was the day we all dread, the day of going home.

I got up, showered and dressed and packed my last few pieces. I then went along to get some breakfast from the lounge and enjoyed it whilst sitting on my balcony watching the world go by.

After breakfast I called bell services who arrived promptly to take my two cases into storage until I was ready to go home.

It still hadn't really 'hit me' that this was it, my last time for the foreseeable future in Orlando, I didn't want my holiday to end but it was still like a 'normal' holiday at this stage. I said 'goodbye' to my beautiful room that had been my home for the last 7 nights and went down to the Beach Club lobby to inhale the wonderful aroma of chocolate and gingerbread.

Whilst looking around I met the lovely Teena, the Greeter at the Beach Club. Such a lovely lady (she frequents another Disney forum)

I had an appointment at the newly refurbished Ship Shape Salon (formerly Perriwigs), I didn't really take any photos as there were a couple of other ladies waiting for treatments and it wasn't appropriate. However, the newly refurbished salon is gorgeous, all dark woods and turquoise tiles/accents, very grown up and very 'sex in the city'. A first class manicure followed (I love the manicures in the US over the UK), I was very pleased with the results and very good value at just under $35 (and snapped one picture at the very end).

I could have stayed in the salon to dry my nails but I opted to sit outside on the rocking chairs overlooking stormalong bay. Bliss.

My nails dried quickly and I took the opportunity before lunch to take more photos of the resort.

I was meant to be eating at Captains Grille but on walking past Beaches & Cream I couldn't resist so in I went. Dominica was my server again, and I ordered a hot dog with French fries, topped with chilli and cheese. They had a gluten free bun in this time so I was able to have a 'proper' dog. OMG this was so good. Sometimes comfort food is just what you need.

Saying goodbye to Dominica I went back inside the Beach Club to Marthas Vineyard where I face-timed Janesi and gave her a 'guided tour' of the lobby, unfortunately the wi-fi isn't so great in the lobby and as it kept cutting out we gave up LOL.

Back up to the lounge to relax until just before 2.30 pm when my driver from Florida Magical Towncars arrived.

View (or lack of!) from the club level lounge

The car was immaculate, and a smooth 30 minutes later we arrived at MCO.

There was a slight delay with the BA staff opening the check-in desks and there were a few people in front of me at the Club World line but, typical BA efficient as ever, they cleared us all from the Club World line first. It was here I was advised they had just put in place a new 'preferred' lane at security (I posted separately on this). On arrival at the preferred lane the TSA agent did a through check of my boarding card and then the computer system and finally let me in, the average wait was about 20 minutes but in this new lane I waited all of a few minutes, and that was because I forgot to take my shoes off and got shouted at whilst I was in the scanner.

By now I was starting to feel emotional :- this was it, I was on my way home, I wouldn't be back for the foreseeable future. I tried to relax in the lounge and had lots of messages from my friends and family trying to cheer me up, unfortunately they didn't work and for my own sanity I had to turn my phone off. I had a comfortable armchair right next to the runway.

I decided to have a wander down to the gate, particularly as the restrooms in the lounge were 'out of order' and I was desperate so went downstairs to use the restrooms by the gate. Suitably relieved I then just sat at the gate for around 20 minutes before being called to board, for some reason my name was called out for pre-boarding, no idea why but I was on board first.

Seat 10J

Lovely flight and crew, no turbulence, very comfortable 'beds' and a lovely 'neighbour' sitting next to me as well. All in all a perfect flight.

On arrival at Gatwick the passport/immigration hall was empty so straight through, luggage came through 10 minutes later and I was through customs and meeting my driver shortly thereafter.

Sometimes things happen in life that put a 'stop' on things we love doing, in my case Disney (transatlantic travel), however, my next Disney fix will be in 2014 when the lovely Val Ramsay will be booking a stay for me at Disneyland Paris. Hopefully I'll enjoy it as that will have to continue to be my 'new Disney home'.

I've had some wonderful memories from over the years, from that first stay onsite at Port Orleans (in the days before it was called Port Orleans French Quarter) with my parents, and many subsequent trips with them, to trips with Jane and lastly my solo trips. I've met some lovely people and most of them have become good friends.
Immortalised forever at Leave a Legacy in Epcot with my wonderful parents, without whom I'd have never discovered the Wonderful World of Disney.

Thank you for reading.

It's time for new memories.

Edited at 10:06 PM.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

just brilliant, I love your trip reports and have been checking daily (sometimes more frequently!) for a new day. I hope you have a happy and healthy 2014 and your Dad's health continues to improve. I also hope you make lots of new memories at DLP. Thanks for a happy read.

Pamela
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Michele
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Clare I do like reading your solo trip reports such a shame you won't be going back but you will never Know.. ( I hope one day in the future you will) I hope you enjoy Disneyland Paris I know it won't be the same but I am sure you will gather more happy memories.
Michele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 12, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ilovesnowwhite
Imagineer

Clare
Thank you for sharing your special holiday with us i have so enjoyed reading your time spent in Orlando with your many friends

I too hope things change and you are able to return until then DLP here you come

take care

xx
Old 18 Dec 12, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobyz2312
Apprentice Imagineer

scoobyz2312's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Claire
I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports they were all lovely with fab photos, DLP will be good, hopefully things will change and you will go back to WDW. X
Old 19 Dec 12, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
thanks for sharing your holiday with us once again
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 12, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh Clàre... What to say?

Lovely trip as always, and I hope you enjoy making new memories. I hope everything in your family improves on the health front in 2013.

Xxx
Old 19 Dec 12, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by Pinkpams View Post
just brilliant, I love your trip reports and have been checking daily (sometimes more frequently!) for a new day. I hope you have a happy and healthy 2014 and your Dad's health continues to improve. I also hope you make lots of new memories at DLP. Thanks for a happy read.

Pamela
Thanks Pamela

Originally Posted by Michele View Post
Clare I do like reading your solo trip reports such a shame you won't be going back but you will never Know.. ( I hope one day in the future you will) I hope you enjoy Disneyland Paris I know it won't be the same but I am sure you will gather more happy memories.
Thank you Michele

Originally Posted by Ilovesnowwhite View Post
Clare
Thank you for sharing your special holiday with us i have so enjoyed reading your time spent in Orlando with your many friends

I too hope things change and you are able to return until then DLP here you come

take care

xx
Thank you x

Originally Posted by scoobyz2312 View Post
Claire
I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports they were all lovely with fab photos, DLP will be good, hopefully things will change and you will go back to WDW. X
Thank you, I still have a thought at the back of my mind that one day I may return but until that time it's going to be closer to home at DLP

Originally Posted by disney owl View Post
thanks for sharing your holiday with us once again
Thank you

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Oh Clàre... What to say?

Lovely trip as always, and I hope you enjoy making new memories. I hope everything in your family improves on the health front in 2013.

Xxx
Thanks Karen, time to move on and discover DLP x
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 12, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Well you went out in style girl, a lovely and emotional report. Here's to Paris!
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 12, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Thank you for posting a lovely report

I've enjoyed reading all your trip reports and look forward to your reports from DLP.
People told me that I would be disappointed in DLP the first time I went, but I love the shows in the studios, and adore Disneyland Park, so much so, next may's trip will be my 4th in 4 years

Hope you enjoy DLP as much as I did and still do