Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Oct 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
WDW_Fan
Getting to know the DIBB

Night Time Spectaculars at DisneyLand & California Adventure

Hi Dibbers,

Everyone has always been really helpful on the boards every time i've asked any questions...so here's a few more:

We're going to Anaheim at the end of January 2020 and we're looking at planning a couple of days at both the Disney Parks. To help with planning i'm looking at what days each of the parks schedule their night time spectaculars.

Do they usually run them every night or do they run them specific nights during this time of year?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew
WDW_Fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WDW_Fan View Post
Hi Dibbers,

Everyone has always been really helpful on the boards every time i've asked any questions...so here's a few more:

We're going to Anaheim at the end of January 2020 and we're looking at planning a couple of days at both the Disney Parks. To help with planning i'm looking at what days each of the parks schedule their night time spectaculars.

Do they usually run them every night or do they run them specific nights during this time of year?

Thanks in advance.

Andrew
California Adventures park has World of Colour. This is animations, music and special effects projected onto water fountains. There are 4 options
Standby
Fastpass
Restaurant dining package
Desert party

Disneyland Main Park has
Fantasmic
This is animations, music and special effects projected onto water fountains. There are 3 options
Standby
Fastpass
Restaurant dining package

Daily Parade

Night time fireworks

You need to check the park calendar for the times of the shows for your park days. Depending on the season, some shows may only be at weekends.

The night time fireworks can be cancelled last minute, depending on the weather.

Currently the park hours are available up to 23 November
disneyland.disney.go/calendars/month/
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Cptfrancium
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDW_Fan View Post
Hi Dibbers,

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

Hey we’ll be there too!
Typically I would recommend at LEAST get a fp for world of colour the machines are next to the little mermaid ride get there nice and early it doesn’t impact any other fast passes for the day. I think I’m going to surprise my wife with a dining package - it gets mega busy at the front. For fantastic we got there about 45 minutes early and stood at the haunted mansion side of the viewing area and had a great view it’s worth noting that Adventureland is a night mare from about 30 mins to showtime until 30 minutes after.
Cptfrancium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cptfrancium View Post
Hey we’ll be there too!
Typically I would recommend at LEAST get a fp for world of colour the machines are next to the little mermaid ride get there nice and early it doesn’t impact any other fast passes for the day. I think I’m going to surprise my wife with a dining package - it gets mega busy at the front. For fantastic we got there about 45 minutes early and stood at the haunted mansion side of the viewing area and had a great view it’s worth noting that Adventureland is a night mare from about 30 mins to showtime until 30 minutes after.
I do Fantasmic Blue Bayou Dining package every year. When I check in at the host I ask for a water side table, usually only a 10 minute wait.

For Fantasmic with Blue Bayou you get a foam cushion

The Fantasmic viewing section is right down by the water, centered on the Fantasmic stage.

I usually get right down by the railings, this is the view

You are sitting on the ground for the show which is why with Blue Bayou you get a cushion.

The other dining packages, Hungry Bear and River Belle are also at the front, sitting on the ground but you dont get a cushion.

I go to Disneyland in the summer when there are 2 shows. When I go to the first show, I stay at the railings for the Castle fireworks. They play the fireworks music and show the Castle projections on the fountain mist.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mossy51
Serious Dibber

Oh, I've booked Blue Bayou but didn't know you could get a dining package for the show with it. Better go and take another look.
WDW SSR - Aug 2015 Best Family Holiday Ever! WDW SSR & Texas - Aug 2017 Once in a Lifetime Holiday the Sequel! Disneyland California - Oct 2019 Well that escalated quickly yolo trip! Disney Magic Staycation Cruise - Aug 2021 Disneyland California - April 2022 Ain't no stopping us now. Seattle and Alaska cruise - July 2022 - wow! Disneyland California - Oct 2023 Just the two of us. WDW Boardwalk - Apr 2024 2+the adult child
mossy51 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List