Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

DL Crowds August

Hi,

I just subscribed to Touring Plans crowd calendar and I was amazed to see the crowd levels they are predicting for Aug 2020. A few examples for DL are
  • Aug 10th - 8
    Aug 17th - 10
    Aug 24th - 7

Compared to WDW where the crowds calm towards the end of August this seems amazing (and unsettling as we were planning late Aug 2020 to visit). Last year we were in WDW with TP crowd levels of 3 or 4 in late Aug.

Any experiences in crowds in August, I know that AP blackouts are lifted sometime in Aug and this can affect the crowd but does that make this much of a difference?

Cheers,
Peter
prthomas is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Monday's are busier than Sundays apparently...not sure why...weekends do get alot of locals. We did last week of August this year and we're worried about Star wars but as we know it wasn't that bad. Some APs opening the Monday we were there but didn't really impact us. If you go for opening and use fastpass / maxpass wisely you can get alot done.

Maxpass was great as you can pick up cancellations which you don't get with paper fastpass.

Never trust the queue time for RSR in the afternoon...it said 20 mins and we queued for 70 lol
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Disneyland is a major locals park and has a high number of AP holders.

The crowds do go up when the blocks are released.

You can still do the parks in a couple of days though if you wanted.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by prthomas View Post
Hi,

I just subscribed to Touring Plans crowd calendar and I was amazed to see the crowd levels they are predicting for Aug 2020. A few examples for DL are
  • Aug 10th - 8
    Aug 17th - 10
    Aug 24th - 7

Compared to WDW where the crowds calm towards the end of August this seems amazing (and unsettling as we were planning late Aug 2020 to visit). Last year we were in WDW with TP crowd levels of 3 or 4 in late Aug.

Any experiences in crowds in August, I know that AP blackouts are lifted sometime in Aug and this can affect the crowd but does that make this much of a difference?

Cheers,
Peter

Hello

I believe that next year at the end of August there is D23 Expo and also a Star Wars Convention so might make it even busier

Edie
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Hello

I believe that next year at the end of August there is D23 Expo and also a Star Wars Convention so might make it even busier

Edie
I thought D23 was every 2 years (and was this year) but there is a Star Wars convention on 27-30th Aug, but I wonder why that would make the crowds higher for the whole month. Particularly 17th August is a 10 as this is the day that the pass holder block is lifted - but still a 10 for that day (a monday) seems very high
prthomas is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
prthomas
Trading Disney Pins

Some more googling let me to this page. It covers most of the high crowd days - they are predicting high crowds late august, particularly 17th Aug onwards
Old 29 Sep 19, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Edie ray View Post
Hello

Edie
We were there this August from the Sunday of D23 until the Friday and didn't feel much different and very manageable.
Robsie71 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
oh no this makes me nervous, were going 14-28th August next year. Don't know which days we will do Disney yet as that will depend on where we fly into as we are doing Vegas as well. We will have a better idea on Wednesday when were able to book the flights.
Old 30 Sep 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Robsie71
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by simbamad View Post
oh no this makes me nervous, were going 14-28th August next year. Don't know which days we will do Disney yet as that will depend on where we fly into as we are doing Vegas as well. We will have a better idea on Wednesday when were able to book the flights.
We were very nervous given Star wars opening and annual passes being unblocked...we had prepared our 8 year old that we would see the new area but not ride.

We were very pleasantly surprised...not quiet but manageable and rode the falcon 3 times in the five days we were there with 60 mins being the longest of the 3 queue times.
Old 14 Oct 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18hwc
Earning More Ears

Oh no - I hadn't realised about the Star Wars Convention. We are planning on being in DL 28-31 Aug. Crowd calendars didn't look too bad for these days. We were going to get up early and leave the parks when they got too busy.
Minnie18hwc is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List