Old 29 Nov 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Five Fords Fifth Family Floriday Aug 18 - Day 14 - Blizzard Beach & Disney Springs

Tuesday 21st August

Even though we’d had a late night I was still awake at 6am! I tried my hardest to get back to sleep but I couldn’t so I caught up with my notes in my journal.

Scott had his usual walk across to the food court to get our drinks he also used some snack credits on a few pastries for breakfast. How the kids love those cinnamon buns!

The kid’s started moving around 8.30, we all had some breakfast then once changed we made our way out to the car. Scott had been out and picked up some towels from the small pool near to us.

Today was a waterpark day so a bit of a relaxing on for us. Kids said they wanted to visit Blizzard Beach so off we went. The weather was perfect, a few scattered clouds but super hot.

As we approached the car park we could see that it was pretty quiet as there were only a few cars in there.

It was 10am so the park had just opened as we entered Goofy was there dancing around and the cast members were all clapping, dancing and saying hello to us all. What a lovely way to start our day here.

We walked round and found a couple of chairs and a sunlounger in a nice shady spot under some palm trees. We put our bag and towels down and then headed out to some rides.

Hayden and Jamie wanted to go on Summit Plummit first before the line got really long so Scott took them up to the slide. We were located near to the chair lift and for a change there wasn’t much of a queue so Poppy and I decided to be a bit lazy and wait for it. It was still a lot quicker for the boys to walk up to Mount Gushmore.

The chairlift kept stopping, we finally got on and halfway up we heard somebody shouting mum, it was Scott, they were walking back up over to stairs after coming down Summit Plummit!

They met us at the top and we all went over to Teamboat Springs. We really love this family ride it’s one of our favourites.

Hayden and Hayden then wanted to go on Slush Gusher so they headed back up whilst Poppy and I waited at the end of the slide.
Well it didn’t take long for them to come zooming down! Rather them than me!

After that we walked over to the other slope where I took the kids onto Downhill Double Dippers. Poppy was a little hesitant about going on this as it was her first time. I assured her that it wasn’t too extreme and that it was over in seconds! We waited ages for this one it really is a slow loading ride.

Poppy and I raced each other down the water chutes, not sure who was the fastest but Poppy said she really enjoyed the slide and it had been so worth the wait!

Walked over to the Toboggan next and went on both of them. The second slide being really fast! Next we walked to the red slope to go on Run off Rapids. We went on all the slides with the middle enclosed tube being the fastest of the three and the best of them too. Mind you they’re all really good. It’s a bit of a walk up when you’re carrying the tube but so worth it.

We had a nice chill on the lazy river afterwards which was quite relaxing.

We exited the lazy river at Avalunch and grabbed some food from there. Scott and I shared a meal and the kids each used another quick service. I had a cheeky little cocktail with our meal – quite nice!

Afterwards Scott took Poppy and Jamie to the Ski Patrol Training Camp for a little while whilst Hayden and I chilled on the sunlounger and chair for a bit. It was quite busy in the park now but where we located it was quite peaceful and quiet so Hayden could chill and little and listen to some music.

Scott, Jamie and Poppy came back some time later carrying 2 ice cream sundaes, one chocolate and the other strawberry. They shared them with Hayden and they seemed to go down a treat.

We finished our time here by going into the main pool for an hour. I do like the waves in here they’re nice and gentle.

We left at 3pm after a relatively relaxing time - we still did a lot of walking though.

We all showered and changed back at Port Orleans Riverside before driving over to take the car back to the hotel near Disney Springs. We found the Hilton Hotel ok but got a little confused as to where to leave the car? Eventually we worked it out and walked back into the main part of the hotel where we saw the Avis desk.

The guy soon came to assist us and Scott briefly explained about the accident. The guy needed to see the damage so the rest of us waited in the main reception whilst Scott went back out to the car.

Eventually it was all sorted and whilst we didn’t know what would happen in regards to the damage the guy didn’t seem at all bothered about the dent when checking over the car and made a joke about how small it was compared to other’s he’d seen.

We took the short walk over to Disney Springs which was so easy to do.

The kids wanted some fish and chips for their tea so we stopped by at Cookes of Dublin.

It was quiet inside, we ordered some food, all had fish and chips, then sat down at a table next to the window. As we looked out we noticed the sky was really grey and it was getting darker by the minute. Sure enough the heavens opened and an almighty storm began.

The food soon came out, it was what you’d expect from a fish and chip shop - all good and tasty. We couldn’t help but look at the rain outside and watch everyone trying to dash for cover as it lashed down with rain.

We took our time eating as we didn’t want to leave in the rain of course we’d not got our ponchos on us. The lightning was quite spectacular along with the big bangs of thunder. The pavement was like a river outside, we knew we’d get soaked so we stayed put for a while longer and kept refilling our drinks whilst we waited for the rain to die down.

In the time that we sat there nobody left and nobody entered the restaurant either but we knew we couldn’t stay there all night so we had to make a dash for it.

Of course we said we’d head back to Port Orleans so we had t head towards the bus station. We dashed out and more or less straight away we were soaked the rain was coming down that heavy. We kept ducking into any available shelter, like a lot of other people were doing, before finally making it to the bus station.

Like everybody else there we were soaked through. The line was so long but a bus was at the stop and people were getting on. Of course we had no chance of getting on it but it meant eh line moved and we didn’t have to wait out in the rain! After some time another bus came and thankfully we just managed to squeeze on.

The bus dropped off at French Quarters first then the south depot at Riverside. We decide to jump off there and go to the food hall to pick up a dessert as we didn’t have one with our meal.

It was so busy in the food hall, never seen it like that before, maybe it was because of the storm? We picked up some cheesecake I so love it and this had been our first taste of this yummy dessert. We took the food back to our room and the rain had finally stopped. Once back we dried off but our pj’s on and tucked into our desserts, wow they were so good.

Scott tried to dry the boy’s trainers with the hairdryer as they were soaked through.

Watched some TV, the weather channel lol which is really quite good! Kids watched some Youtube then we went to sleep around 10.30.

Had a great time at Blizzard Beach and I was so glad the rain hadn’t come earlier in the day otherwise we might not have been able to do as many slides as we had
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like such a fun day Julia! We love the water parks. Good on Poppy for being so brave!

That cocktail with lunch looks lovely xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Sounds like such a fun day Julia! We love the water parks. Good on Poppy for being so brave!

That cocktail with lunch looks lovely xx
Water parks are such fun aren't they Michelle.

Thank you for reading and commenting Michelle xx
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Such a fun day at Blizzard Beach. Well done on fitting in so many slides, and some relaxing time too.

That evening rain sounds awful, it must have been miserable waiting all cold and wet at the bus stop. I've never been to Cookes, but the food looks nice. I can't believe more people didn't come in to eat just to get out of the rain.

Nice end to the day all cosy in your pj's eating dessert .

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Such a fun day at Blizzard Beach. Well done on fitting in so many slides, and some relaxing time too.

That evening rain sounds awful, it must have been miserable waiting all cold and wet at the bus stop. I've never been to Cookes, but the food looks nice. I can't believe more people didn't come in to eat just to get out of the rain.

Nice end to the day all cosy in your pj's eating dessert .
We think the water parks are such fun

It felt like we were back at home with the rain

Thanks Lynda
Old 25 Jan 20, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day apart from the rain.
Blizzard Beach looks fun we've only been once about 15 years ago and it started raining when we arrived so we didn't stay long.
Old 19 Apr 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great day apart from the rain.
Blizzard Beach looks fun we've only been once about 15 years ago and it started raining when we arrived so we didn't stay long.
They do have some fab rides there.
What a shame the rain cut your day short.