Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jan 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Happy Holidays in WDW, 2-year-old-style! Day 11: MK & Crystal Palace

December 29, 2018
[-- Trip Index --]

Today we were headed back to the Magic Kingdom, for my brother&fam's second and last day there, and a family brunch in Crystal Palace. Today was also a change in the weather. Up until now, the weather had ranged from downright cold (11 degrees Celcius!) to pretty pleasant (low twenties). Today was the first day they'd predicted hot weather, the temp would reach 28, so it was a bit of an adjustment for us!

We were up bright and early - I did a bit of work on the laptop while Michael sorted out simple breakfasts to tide us over until our Crystal Palace reservation. We left the apartment around 8:40 and parked up in MK without any issues, heading for the ferry just after 9.

It was cloudy, but quite hot and humid already so early on in the day.

We admired this unique stroller, and tried to shield Myla so she wouldn't spot it haha. Of course we were unsuccessful, and Myla asked me, "Who's THAT?" like it was some sort of celebrity and I was meant to know the kid who rode in it!

To everybody's shock, Steven and Ramona were actually on time today! We met them right after the entrance, and all headed down Main Street together for our first FP for Buzz Lightyear.

We stopped near Tomorrowland Terrace to make sure everyone had peed and had clean nappies.

And headed into the queue! We all kind of knew this ride from Disney Paris, but it's a fun one, so it'd be good to all do together. This was also our only FP together today - since this was Steven & Ramona's last day in MK, they had really wanted to do Speedway Racers again as Jesse loved it so much. And since Myla had refused to ride it, I just booked different things for us so we would all be splitting up this afternoon.

Now - mind you, we were on a bit of a schedule. Our Buzz FP was at 9:20, but after stopping to pee and everything, it was more like 9:50 by the time we were on the ride. Our Crystal Palace reservation was at 10:20. Should be plenty of time, right?

Yup - it would be, if the ride didn't break down! Seriously - right in the middle of it, it stopped. We sat in a dark tunnel for a few minutes, and then the lights went on, to the cheers of the kids who were waving at each other!

We were stopped for a good 15 minutes, and just about managed to entertain the kids by taking selfies and photos, but I was glad when the ride started up again - Jesse especially was getting a little restless!

After we got off Buzz, we hotfooted it over to Crystal Palace, and I was at the checkin desk at 10:20 on the dot lol - I apologized for us being late, but the CM waved it off and said we were fine! Phew!

We had to wait outside for maybe 5 minutes before we were called in.

This was our first time eating in CP, and we all loved it! The whole restaurant felt bright and airy, it wasn't busy at all, and everyone found things they loved on the buffet.

We got a big table by the window, looking out towards Main Street, and we barely sat down when Piglet came around for the first time!

Selfie!

We all took turns getting plates of food for ourselves and the kids.

Next up was Eeyore.

Somehow Michael got left holding all the kids at one point - I was at the buffet and standing chatting there to Ramona when Steven ambled over and Hetty came out of the rest rooms and we were like, who has the kids? 😂

Then came Pooh.

Closely followed by Tigger!

Nina absolutely loved the characters well - she was grabbing everyone's nose lol.

Finally the kids did the little parade around the restaurant, great fun!

By then, they'd switched the breakfast food out for the lunch food, and we all got another plate with some more items - mainly desserts haha! We finished and paid up just before 12 - the total came to $240 for all of us, including tip. Steven and I split the bill as a present for my mom.

Once outside, we said goodbye and headed off in opposite direction - they were going to Speedway Racers while we headed into Adventureland!

Edited at 03:51 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We stumbled upon the parade just out the front of Country Bear Jamboree, and let Myla watch the rest of it.

I had a FP for Splash Mountain - which my mom had no desire to ride and Myla was way too short for. It's one of our favorites though, so I didn't want to skip it, and my mom was happy to sit with Myla in the little play area between Splash and Big Thunder Mountain. The ride was great as always.

Next up was our FP for Jungle Cruise, so we headed back past Pirates. It was starting to get really hot and busy now.

The humor isn't really Michael's taste, but my mom loved it! Next up we decided to head to the Country Bear Jamboree. Michael and I had skipped this last time, but my mom remembers it from her very first Disney visit in the 1980s, and really wanted to see it again - plus we figured Myla would like it also, and it was a welcome break in the air conditioning!

We had one FP left, for the Tiana & Rapunzel meet n greet. We made our way there via the Tangled toilets. Busy everywhere now.

I was excited to get some photos with Rapunzel in my Rapunzel dress - imagine my disappointment when they showed up in my Memory Maker later:

They were all like that - the photographer didn't have her flash turned on! Such a shame! We never ended up having time to go back and get better ones...it's on my list for our next trip!

The Tiana photos were a lot better, but Myla was quite tired by now and not really feeling it - in retrospect, I probably should have left her with Michael and gone in myself, but oh well!

It was now just after 2PM, and we decided we'd done enough park for the day, and headed back to the apartment to go for a swim! On the way back we caught the castle stage show:

And got a few Photopass pictures:

It was quiet on the ferry back - another kid had a bubble wand, and was entertaining the rest of the kids!

She fell asleep in the car on the way back, and after a little powernap she was all ready to finally try out the Windsor Hills pool! Hetty and I went with her, while Michael rested as his back was still sore.

It was lovely to be in the pool on a hot day, Myla LOVES swimming so we all had a great time there for a few hours. Around 4 we headed back to get showered and changed, and watched the sun set from our balcony. I can't remember what we did for dinner - something simple in the apartment, probably a ready-meal. Great day altogether!
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Greenapple
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for sharing. Your outfits are all amazing! Did you make them?
Sept 2001 - Orlando iDrive & NYC *** November 2011 - WDW & Villa *** March 2014 & March 2015 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge *** May 2016 - DisneyCruiseLine - Fantasy Westbound Caribbean & Universal Studios *** Nov 2018 - Miami & WDW *** Apr 2022 - DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean & Orlando
Greenapple is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Greenapple View Post
Thanks for sharing. Your outfits are all amazing! Did you make them?
Yes! I have a little shop where I design and sell them - thank you for the compliment! <3