Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Jan 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
littletink
Very Serious Dibber

We've always rented from Anna Maria Vacations - they are excellent and have lots of properties. Few recommendations from our trips:
Pizza from The Island grill (to take out or eat in)
A chilli margarita from the Waterfront Restaurant
Anything from the Starfish Company! All freshly made and excellent and you may even see dolphins whilst you eat.
Insect repellent... I got eaten alive 😮
Visit the bigger Publix - its on the way out towards Armand Circle - lots more choice than the compact store on AMI
Wherever you stay, you are going to have a fabulous time.

Lindfields 2001 & 2005, West Stonebridge Christmas 2008
Disney Yacht Club, Marco Island, Duck Key & HRH August 2011, Lindfields & Rotonda Aug 2012 - HRH & Rotonda 2013 - HRH & Rotonda 2014 - NYC 2015 - AMI 2016 - Sunset Lakes/Rotonda 2017 - NYC/Bongo's!/AMI 2018 - Boardwalk-Rotonda-HRH 2019 - Rotonda 2023
littletink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 20, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

We’ve previously rented a house but for a short stay I’d recommend Sunrise Garden Resort.
It could probably do with a smarten up but on the whole it’s a great base for Pine Avenue area.
We have had excellent meals at the Sandbar but our wedding meal was appalling so we will only ever drink there now!
The waterfront is really good and the opposite end of the street.
We tend to watch the sunset at the Sandbar with a cocktail then wander down to Waterfront for dinner.
Poppo’s Is another great place. Casual but no trip to the Island would be complete without a visit.
Skinny’s is also good. We sat a storm out there once and it was a really fun atmosphere.
Personally not keen on the cafe at rod n reel pier.
The food was really not good and the staff were rude with awful attitudes. The bull dog waitress on the door was frankly bizarre.
There’s an ice cream place at the general store which used to be elsewhere. I cannot remember the name but we quite like it there. The owner had a sports memorabilia store which is also now in the general store.
Don’t miss the donut experiment! The sweet smell inside is a bit much for me but DS loves it!

Edited at 11:40 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

In 2017 we stayed in the Tortuga Inn in a condo with shared pool, would highly recommend for a short stay. It is just a hop skip and a jump across the road to the beach and the softest sand you’ve ever walked on. We like to go at the end of August as the island is classed as off peak and you could have the beach to yourself!
When we returned in 2018 we rented a private home with its own pool although if you’re only going for a few nights you’ll find it very difficult booking one of these for anything less than a week.
Restaurants we love Rod and Reel, Ginny & Jane E’s, Hurricane Hanks, Harry’s Bar & Grill, AMI Beach Cafe, Smoqehouse, Donut Experiment, 2 Scoops, Gulf Drive Cafe, Wicked Cantina, Beach House and Bridge Tender Inn. I agree about the Sandbar, it’s a stunning location on the beach but the food only so so for the price.
Activities, obviously the beach but in 2018 we hired a boat for half a day which was really fun. Saw so many dolphins! On our first trip we did a Sunset Dolphin Tour but didn’t see even one so I was desperate to go back again. It was a great boat trip though!
We’ve also played crazy golf at The Fish Hole, would recommend that too.
It is hands down my favourite place in Florida and you will not regret visiting

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 05:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Keirasean
Excited about Disney

We went parasailing with YOLO at Anna Maria. It was brilliant
Keirasean is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Keirasean View Post
We went parasailing with YOLO at Anna Maria. It was brilliant
Another recommendation for this

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

For breakfast try Minnies, also another thumbs up for Two Scoops, hopefully I’ll get down to A.M.I. In April or May this year.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
arhclo
slightly serious Dibber

Cupcake Delights has some of the heavenliest cupcakes I have ever tasted ...
Also recommend skinny’s.
For accommodation I’ve always used airBnB