Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 27 Jan 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
Mobile

Another one having to wait and see. Due to go to Hong Kong on the 9th March. At the moment refunds only given for flights and Disney hotel for dates up to 23rd February.
Old 27 Jan 20, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I was planning a holiday to Thailand and Malaysia next January, now in wait and see mode.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I was planning a holiday to Thailand and Malaysia next January, now in wait and see mode.
Good point, I was considering cancelling my WDW trip and going on a much needed business trip to Bali. Never thought about the virus.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I now read British Airways are offering to refund and cancel flights to China and Hongkong up u till 23 Februaryso they are taking it seriously.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I find it really scary. I teach children in China (using a remote classroom) and a lot of the kids I teach are from the affected/ locked down areas. A lot also went to visit family elsewhere and haven’t been able to return.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

We have booked flights to Japan, in direct via Hong Kong

I know it’s a few months before we go but I just daren’t book any hotels or trips or our train tickets yet, BA have said they will refund anyone up til February so we will just have to wait and see what they say beyond that.
Old 28 Jan 20, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
We have booked flights to Japan, in direct via Hong Kong

I know it’s a few months before we go but I just daren’t book any hotels or trips or our train tickets yet, BA have said they will refund anyone up til February so we will just have to wait and see what they say beyond that.
Could you book refundable hotel rooms, or "reserve first, pay when you stay" rooms first? That way if your trip goes ahead, you will have a hotel room booking; but if you need to cancel then you could cancel the booking and get a refund on what you paid?
Old 29 Jan 20, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Mobile

US considering stopping all flights to China according to the BBC.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Labboy View Post
Find this very spooky, where did it come from in the first place, man made or just an abberation.
I heard some laboratory in G’mth. Wherever that is.

Edited at 01:51 AM.
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 20, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Going off at a tangent but it’s a concern nevertheless. I had a Nigerian woman working for me in the City for a few months. Every payday she’d nip over to Brixton at lunchtime and bring back a package of fresh meat which she stored in the staff fridge until home time.

One month I asked her what it was (thinking maybe a different cut of beef from what she could get here). Wild Goat she said. From a specific region of Nigeria. Freshly slaughtered and delivered by a private courier next day to an African butcher in Brixton. The butcher then called his regular customers - he didn’t put it on sale in his shop.

Well, within a nanosecond that meat was snatched from the fridge and taken down to the boiler room for a real roasting. New fridge ordered. Staff member disciplined and reported to HR. She found herself another job.

I worried for ages about staff being infected with Ebola or similar from eating contaminated food from the fridge. Luckily nothing.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List