Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Jan 20, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Car service from LAX to Hollywood

Anyone used a car service from LAX? We wont have a car. Now that there is a shuttle ride to pick up Uber, would prefer a car that picks up kirb side, as I have mobility issues. Just a regular car is good and doesnt have to be meet and greet, just want to avoid the shuttle to the Uber pick up point. Thanks for your help.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

I have seen some sites mention Uber Black and Lyft Lux Black can also get into LAX like the limo services to the lower level inner kerb. So maybe that is the option. More expensive but more convenient.

So either a Limo / town car or one of the higher Uber / Lyft services (until they get banned I suppose).

Had used Execucar in the past (were part of SuperShuttle) but they have also shut down. Even the Disneyland Express has shutdown this month.

Edited at 05:37 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
I have seen some sites mention Uber Black and Lyft Lux Black can also get into LAX like the limo services to the lower level inner kerb. So maybe that is the option. More expensive but more convenient.

So either a Limo / town car or one of the higher Uber / Lyft services (until they get banned I suppose).

Had used Execucar in the past (were part of SuperShuttle) but they have also shut down. Even the Disneyland Express has shutdown this month.
Thank you. Will take a look at Uber/Lyft black
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I use Affordable Town Car. Always ask for Steve and he has driven me for years - being picked up curb side (and dropped off right at check in) is worth it’s weight in gold - Uber and Lyft can no longer have access and some do get it but it’s a few curbs away rather than directly outside the terminal

Edited at 08:29 PM. Reason: Typo and spelling
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I use Affordable Town Car. Always ask for Steve and he has driven me for years - being picked up curb side (and dropped off right at check in) is worth it’s weight in gold - Uber and Lyft can no longer have access and some do get it but it’s a few curbs away rather than directly outside the terminal
Have just filled in the online form and awaiting an email quote, Thank you
Old 15 Jan 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Wow just got a quote for $69 for our trip, great price. Thanks so much
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Wow just got a quote for $69 for our trip, great price. Thanks so much
Glad it worked for you - I like the certainty of a price without surcharges and tolls etc and they never over charge. If you book online there is a small discount and I simply call him when I have my luggage and he is always right outside the door and takes control of the bags etc - plus his car is equipped with water, juice and snacks should you need - Steve (If he is your driver ) is a real character and a very safe driver

Edited at 11:08 PM.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Glad it worked for you - I like the certainty of a price without surges and tolls etc and they never over charge. If you book online there is a small discount and I simply call him when I have my luggage and he is always right outside the door and takes control of the bags etc - plus his car is equipped with water, juice and snacks should you need - Steve (If he is your driver ) is a real character and a very safe driver
Thanks thats so good to know. I struggle with mobility issues so its always good to have someone reliable, and an extra pair of hands. I usually tip 20%, do you just round it up and give him $20...or more?
Old 15 Jan 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Thanks thats so good to know. I struggle with mobility issues so its always good to have someone reliable, and an extra pair of hands. I usually tip 20%, do you just round it up and give him $20...or more?
I would just ask them to add 20% (which is the industry standard in LA) to the bill - no need to pay more unless you really want to
Old 16 Jan 20, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

We always use them too, fabulous service