Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Sep 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
I keep looking at the Iona, and although it's big, there's no minigolf, bowling, ice skating, water slides, etc. that we're used to, my 12 year old won't go to kids clubs so I'm worried she'll be bored, and if she's moaning it's no fun for any of us
Book for the 15th August 2020 and your 12 year old and my 12 year old can be "bored" together I also don't think mine is going to want to do any kids clubs but she's generally quite good at keeping herself entertained so I think (hope? ) she's still going to have a good time.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Allisonjane
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
Book for the 15th August 2020 and your 12 year old and my 12 year old can be "bored" together I also don't think mine is going to want to do any kids clubs but she's generally quite good at keeping herself entertained so I think (hope? ) she's still going to have a good time.
That's an idea, but unfortunately we are looking at 22nd or 29th, my birthday is 31st and really would like to be away for that or at least close to it.
1993, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004 all off site, 2007 Pop/AKL + Fairytale Wedding, 2008 Cypress Pointe, 2010 Disney Magic, 2010 OKW/Rolling Hills, 2011 Pop/CBR, 2013 POFQ/Bellavida, 2015 OKW/Windsor Hills/AKV, 2016 CBR, 2017 Cypress Pointe, 2018 OKW/Storey Lake, 2019 BlueTree Resort, 2019 Cypress Pointe/Tuscan Ridge, 2020 CSR, 2021 Formosa Gardens
Allisonjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Allisonjane View Post
Thank you for the replies.
I think I'm leaning further away from P and O now, part of me wants to try something different, but I'm just worried it won't be right for us at the moment.
NCL Escape is doing a Baltic cruise for our dates, would just come in our budget if we can get reasonable flights, also it's 9 nights and free drinks package so don't mind spending a bit more to get a bit more.
I've just shown my daughter a video of the high ropes course on the ship and she said she wants to do it, it's the first time I've actually seen her get excited about going on this holiday, so going to do a bit more research, as I know nothing about the Baltics.
We loved the Escape, you can't go wrong with that. The ropes course is awesome! Food Republic is my favourite speciality restaurant at sea as well. Not sure if the shows are still the same but if it's still The Brat Pack: For The Record that was sooooo good
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’ve been looking at he Epic but the bathroom concerns me. Those if you that liked it. How did you find it? Wed be sharing with a Teenager who likes her privacy in the bathroom.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

I’d love to go on royal Caribbean ones especially but for me p&o because of the price.

This year may I spent £1000 (with £50 cashback off that too) for a week cruise, two adults two kids to France and Spain.

Easter 2020 will be going two weeks canaries two adults two kids £2900 (then £90 cashback too)

What I have paid for two weeks in school holiday is same as four nights Disney cruise.

I know you get what you pay for and p&o probably is middle of the pack and more at the older generation but I am quite happy to go in school holidays to Tenerife for that price.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
I’ve been looking at he Epic but the bathroom concerns me. Those if you that liked it. How did you find it? Wed be sharing with a Teenager who likes her privacy in the bathroom.
The bathroom was not an issue for us as a couple but it certainly could be for you. As well as the door not being totally opaque you can hear all the sounds going on within and they don't lock. There's a curtain you can pull across for privacy but it's not ideal for anyone apart from a couple who are very comfortable with each other.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
The bathroom was not an issue for us as a couple but it certainly could be for you. As well as the door not being totally opaque you can hear all the sounds going on within and they don't lock. There's a curtain you can pull across for privacy but it's not ideal for anyone apart from a couple who are very comfortable with each other.
That was exactly my concern. There is no way my daughter would cope with sounds! Or not quite opaque shower screens
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 19, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

We were on the epic 7 years ago with our then 10 year old granddaughter. We just about got away with the bathroom situation. Who ever designed it should be shot. It's fine for a couple
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It's not the ideal design but it's fine.. If you're comfortable enough to use the public restrooms then then cabin toilet will be fine I'm sure. I can see the advantages of the bathroom on Epic even if not everyone's cup of tea. It was fine fine for us.

Edited at 12:41 AM.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We are looking at the Iona for next july, fab prices, can i ask what sort of weather you had?
Thanks
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018 , Cabana Bay August 2019, Enclave Suites Feb 2020, Doubletree@Seaworld Feb 2022
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List