Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Jun 11, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Looking good Kel
Yes, in Yachtsman's you can eat what you want, you can order the biggest steak on the menu and it's cover
The only things you'll pay extra for is sides, alcohol and appetisers
I'm definitely trying more sides next time, just because I like to try lots of things...the spinach and mushrooms in Yachtsman are immense
Next year is our 'luxury' trip so can afford it but we usually are penny pinchers and eat more or less what's included on DDP...it's so fab when it's free though and it's the reason that we're not buying DVC right now, it's not worth it when the offers are so great

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 11, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Cool beans. Theyve changed some of the menu at Yachsmans, it changed the week we were there still yum though. :-) i wouldnt buy DVC now either, dollar is too weak anyway, we got a bargain when we bought but since its not been as goid a time to buy. When on DVC we can afford to spend more on food as we have no accom costs but this time it will mainly be just ddp and budget so this is a whole new ball game for me! You deffo should go luxury on your honeymoon - its the law! Hows the wedding plans going?
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 11, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Going well, we know our plan for the day now so just waiting to book, then I'll book Randy and then hair and makeup and we're pretty much done. Carrie will take care of most other things, just can't wait for that confirmation in my hands...I've been very patient for it!

Here's what we're thinking the day will go like:

8am Breakfast ADR with Matt
10am Hair & makeup
12.30pm Leave for CG
1pm Arrive at CG
1.30pm Ceremony at CG
2pm Cake/champagne
2.30pm Leave for BW
3pm Arrive at BW
4pm End of photos
5pm Yachtsman Steakhouse ADR
8pm Check in for Illuminations Cruise
8.30pm Illuminations Cruise

It's looking like mum and nan will be the only guests right now but I've still not told my sister and it's early days right now

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 11, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Well thats my Florida cheer over, David switched off the Rescuers for no apparent reason?!?! ###!

Didn't want to start a row so have left it but seriously ... who does that?

Anyway back to wedding cheer now that i'm next :-)

Got some flat shoes from Debenhams today, they were an absolute bargain!

debenhams/webapp/wcs/...26amp%3B+boots

Listed on website at £20, in shop labelled at £18, they had a wee mark on them (as did ALL pairs) so they knocked another 10% off and then David had £8.50 left on a gift card so I only paid about 7 quid!

debenhams/webapp/wcs/...26amp%3B+boots

Need to do my favours this weekend, and write out all my cheques to people we owe money to! Want to get sorted this week and then start making appts for eyebrows etc. Can't decide what to do with my nails, I'm freaking out a bit, I've always had long nails, never bitten them and they are generally in good condition I look after them and do a pretty smashing french manicure. However, they are all starting to break, I've tried to give them some extra TLC but I appear to be extra clumsy. I've never had falsies put on but am considering tips as I dont want raggy nails in my photos!

Also, went to try on my wedding ring today, they are making it to fit around my engagement ring (emerald cut) it didn't fit, it was too small. I have freakishly large knuckles compared to my fingers themselves and it went on eventually but my finger is cut to pieces and very swollen now. He's reluctant to take it up cos it fits my "finger" but I wont be able to get it on my finger on the day and its not like it will fall off! So have convinced him it needs to be bigger

Ok so need advice from Kel, what happens now in the weeks leading up to the wedding, Im freaking out because people keep asking me if everything is organised and I automatically say yes. But I'm starting to believe I've forgotten something REALLY important, I've never felt stress like it!

So I think I'm heading for an early night, I was at a party this afternoon so exhausted, my wee back just can't handle all this excitement!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 11, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Nice bargain with the shoes Tracey!
And rubbish that Rescuers got turned off...not my favourite Disney film I have to say!
Just think, only 3 weeks now! Lucky girl!
Hopefully mine will be booked soon so I can be filled with cheer once again
And this time next week I'll have a week off to look forward to...thank goodness!
The weather here is grim, it's been raining for hours. Yes, I've been awake for hours, neighbour baby crying for ages from about 4.30am and about 6am mummy went in and just said 'stop crying, you're naughty' and walked out again, leaving the baby to cry some more. Nice. I'm so god damn tired I can't even keep my eyes focussed properly any more! And then Matt's phone alarm went off this morning and he'd forgotten that he had to work so it was his calendar reminding him. So that was 7.30am. And now I'm sat here alone...again. Grrrr. I was totally going to have a pj day today but we have nothing in so got to go to Tesco and because I have to have the car I've got to go pick him up again later. So I'm off to Tesco in a minute and then coming home to pj up, I'm not too proud to go get him in my pjs. I would go to Tesco in my pjs if I knew it was socially acceptable!
Then got to do my ironing and then I have an afternoon reserved with Dr McDreamy/aka Grey's Anatomy.
Hope the rest of you are ok. This lack of summer is seriously upsetting me!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 12 Jun 11, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

Hello! Only skimmed just about to get to go over to the old place to redecorate and clean!

Nehoo kel we're staying atthe same resort too! How exciting! Ok doke SSR best place to stay for us was congress park, it's quite a bit away from the main building though but we like it as the pool is quite quiet no kids or anything and it's 10 min walk to DTD! So we woul always be there for dinner and stuff! My two fave qs meals are there ; earl and Wolfgang! The resort is lovely very quiet and relaxing! Downsides are that the food in the main building seems to be "posher" and not as mch choice as at value resorts! It's nice enough just not much selection. It's also an enormous resort so buses fill up as they go all the way round but congress is the first stop so not really an issue if you stay there! It's also really handy that you can just jump on to a dtd bus to get home or if you want to go to another resort just pop to dtd and get that bus!

Nats have they changed the ddp? Not read through the whole post and you might be talking about the deluxe but I didn't know it included the refillable mug?

Oh kel you can go on to the Disney ddp website and if you've got I books on your iPod you can save it as a PDF file there.

Ok better go I'm getting shouted at to get out my pit lol will be try and get on later but 3G here seems to be Pants Internet is going in on we'd!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 11, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Watergirl
Imagineer

Really hoped I would have time to start reading through everyone's posts, but my laptop isn't fully charged! We plugged it in for a while in the lounge, but not long enough.
We're in the club lounge at Gatwick - it's nice, but probably wouldn't pay for it unless needed breakfast. On second glass of wine.
Had a diazepam, a beta blocker, a rescue remedy lozenge, 2 calms, 1 windeze, 1 anti sickness tablet. feeling fairly calm now!

Got to go as Dan on own, but just want to say thank you for all of the lovely messages on here and facebook. It was a superb day from start to finish. Got so many photos.

Kel - really hope you're okay hun, as know how hard it is coming back.
Nat - hope wedding is getting sorted.
Kim - hope move is all okay.

Everyone else, much love and speak soon xxx

P.s - Kel, pic on FB in swimming cossie - very sexy! you go girl xxx

Worldquest (Jun 2018), Villa (Nov/Dec 2016), Floridays (Nov/Dec 2014), Floridays (Dec 2013), SSR (2012), Homewood Suites, RPR, Siesta Key (2011), Point Orlando (2009), Wyndham Resort Palace & Spa (2005)
Watergirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 11, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Oh so glad it went so well Liz! I can't wait to see your photos, your countdown looks so funny at 0! You won't get this message but thought I'd type it anayway. Hope you have a fabulous time, I know you will. Thanks for the compliment, sometimes I wonder why I post pics like that, am not good with compliments and yet I still post them - why?! I liked my cossie though, would have looked amazing on someone without my love handles.

Natalie - plan for wedding sounds good and all doable time wise. Where is Cypress Grove? As long as you, Matt and your mum and nan are there then anyone else will be a bonus. I worry about askign this but I'm taking it that your dad is refusing to come?
Sorry you've been up so long with screaming baby, made worse by the mother whos obviously frazzled with the whole crying thing! Oh the joys of flat living, I remember it well, trouble is where you live they are in abundance so you are gonna get those families living in flats, up here that wouldnt happen but in Bournemouth its the norm isn't is as land is too expensive. Weather is pants here too, depressing, and I'm bac at work tomorrow which is double depressing. I'm feeling a bit glum today because of that I think, back to reality. Also my skin is really bad, loads of spots, it must be the diet so I really do have to get back to dieting and exercise. I planned on doing some yeaterday but it didnt happen, might go and do some in a bit though. I'm ever so tired today. Enjoy Tesco shopping, I'm having a PJ day too, in fact most days when I dont go out is a PJ day! I love my PJs!

Tracey - Your naughty H2B turning off your DVD like that! He should know by now if its got a Disney label on it anywhere being this close, it HAS to stay on!
You know, its funny you should say about the wedding prep as the quietest time for me was the few day/weeks before. Its like there is a rush of activity to start with and then nothing and I felt exactly the same as you in that I thought I shoul be doing something! I can't think of anything you need to do - got your favours? suits? dresses? flowers? old, new, borrowed, blue? are you having order of service? music sorted? menu done? table plan done? Aside from that noting else I can think of and you've probably done all this. Its a funny time just before as its deffo quiet.
Shoes were a bargain! And they are lovely too really elegant and perfect for a wedding, ooo you must be so excited!
Your nails are maybe breaking due to the stress, I think that happens. I had tips on my wedding day, gel tips but I'd also grown them but they were breaking like yours so the gel tips went on top of my good ones and I had false ones on the broken ones but the end result was they all looked even and the same so I'd go for it. Lasted weeks too after.
Glad you got the ring sorted too you know whats best for your ring and how it fits and it needs to fit on that day!
Hope your back is a bit better today.

Kim - Glad you are more settled in your new house, I hate those early few days where you are trying to get everything connected and internet is bad and just getting settled. I realised today how close you are moving to when you go to Orlando - you are such a multi tasker! lol. Thats funny we are both at SSR, I must have just missed all these posts where you said that and got confused with last trip, this one coming and the next one - is the one next year your honeymoon? Its good to know though that youve been to SSR before and you want to go again. I've not stayed there but I've looked round and it does look nice and BIG! Thanks for the heads up on the pool and area, did you use the main pool then or just stick to the quiet one? I'll study a map of SSR and have a look at Congress. Might see you on the bus a few times, how funny, ill wave! Thanks for the info on the food too, I think most nights we'll be off SSR and having ADRs, we are big DTD fans too and get a lot of DVC discounts there so its worth us paying out every now and then.

x
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 11, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Kel, not sure about dad and the wedding right now. My mum had a massive row in the gym with my stepmum the other day, she kept saying how upset my dad is and how isn't it bad enough I made him miss my graduation but now I'm making him miss my wedding too, how it's not logical to expect a family with two 3 year olds to travel to Florida just for a wedding and how it's insane to spend £7k on a honeymoon when she didn't even spend that much and she went to Hawaii (she omitted to mention that her wedding actually cost £30k)...it went on...my mum was like, Natalie paid a lot of money and worked real hard to put herself through uni, she now has a good job and as far as I'm concerned she can spend that money however she wants and that she and dad are to blame as they were the ones that accustomised us to having those holidays as it's all we knew when we were kids (we didn't go to Spain etc, we went Florida, Caribbean etc, very lucky). Mum also pointed out that the fact that dad and Lesley kept going on about how £6k for our wedding (that's how much I managed to get the whole day, and I mean everything, down to, I think that was pretty good TBH) was far too much money to spend on one day, dad going on about money troubles etc guilted me into not wanting the wedding hear; if they hadn't kept going on about how much all the time and just paid the deposit when I'd asked all those 100s of times and not avoided my calls etc then the wedding would be booked and he'd have what he wanted.
Trouble with my dad, as my mum has said, is that he's happy all the time he gets his own way and everyone does as he says. Now with my dad I am more patient and put up with more than I would a normal person but I got to the point that I couldn't keep begging and waiting any longer so I took matters into my own hands and told him 'yup, you're absolutely right, £6k is too much to spend on a wedding, so I know, I'll go and to it for £1k in Florida!' and that's how we left it, he made the decision for me without realising what he was doing. Towards the end he was trying to convince me to put a marquee in his garden and have afternoon tea after a ceremony at a church and then have a hog roast in the evening. Just wasn't what I wanted, dad's garden isn't really big enough for that, don't like afternoon tea, parking problems, didn't want a church wedding, mum wouldn't feel comfortable being at his house, he'd have all the control again etc, not to mention the fact that marquee hire and private catering would actually cost more than Christchurch Harbour Hotel. It's just madness.
My mum said to my dad 6 weeks ago when this all initially kicked off again that if he pushed too hard I would just move it back to Florida and he didn't listen...well he should have done! And this way, I make all the choices, and instead of stretching herself for 1 day, for half the price, mum gets a holiday in Florida and my nan gets an extra holiday AND we get to have a party with our friends when we get home without the 'wedding' premium. I'm not changing my mind. I'm not.

This weather is such a joke. The forecast was showers, not terrential non-stop downpours, it's literally not stopped!
So I decided to cheer myself up and bought Hercules DVD in Tescos as well as some Banana Boat Aloe Vera gel 1/2 price (£2.50) (does anyone use that stuff, a) it's amazing when you're burned b) it smells yummy c) that's cheap! ) and some plasters (I only like Elastoplast fabric multipack and at £3 per box not cheap but they were BOGOF so some for home and some for holidays). Also want to get some wet ones (or similar) so might pick them up in Wilkos tomorrow. I've got a little suitcase on the go, from September I'm going to pick up some toiletries every week til we go to spread the cost and excitement. In September we (Kim, me, Kel) can say we go in a year! Whoop whoop!
Ooh, and I got a FB comment yesterday from Carrie (wedding planner) saying I'm one of her last emails to reply to so fingers crossed for a response tomorrow!

Right am off to do my ironing now
Got Chicken Tonight for dinner

Really hope for 1lb loss
Been a bit cheeky with my evening snacking this week so need to nip that in the bud so bought some more ice lollies as they really help curb it and some cherries and strawberries

I'm out twice this week too but as long as I make fairly ok decisions I should hopefully be able to wangle another 1lb off...Pinocchios tomorrow (in Christchurch, Kel do you know it? It's one of my favourite restaurants ever but Matt hates it there!) so I'm going to have lasagne and if we have starters I'll have minestrone soup so that should be ok. TGIs on Thursday for a work night out, everyone loves cocktails so we thought it would be pretty goood for that and they do 2 courses for £9.99 mid week which is good too, not sure what I'll eat, probably a burger for main but I won't eat the bun or maybe ribs...and not sure about starter, maybe potato skins. I'll be drinking diet soft drinks both times as I don't drink so I save myself there and staying away from pudding is going to be my saving grace I think. The other days I have some pretty healthy stuff planned though...Tuesday turkey burgers so that's good and Wednesday grilled brunch, Friday crispbakes, Saturday pasta bake and Sunday not sure yet so hoping to pull something back at least. Like I say, I'll be happy with 1lb.
And the week after, we're off! Going to be good when at home but Thurs-Sat we're up north so can't be sure what will happen there...hmmmm

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 12 Jun 11, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow Nat, this whole mess with your dad is rubbish, thing is, once you have your Florida wedding booked thats it, its done and you can have the wedding of your dreams, looks like he's still trying to get his own way. Just ignore it and move on I say

Kel, done pretty much everything on the list, got to sort favours today I've done pretty much them all, still have a few to do and have spelt some names wrong Ian instead of Iain etc etc so need to redo a few.

I can't believe this time 3 weeks I'll be leaving my house with my dad! eeeek Had mum on the phone today saying family are kicking off that cousins aren't involved in the wedding etc .. can't be bothered anymore, who's idea was it to get married in front of everyone anyway, wish I had eloped!

I was in Tesco's doing my grocery shopping at 9:30 this morning and this is the first time I've stopped since then! I've been and picked up our suitcase from an aunt (we dont have our own yet as nowhere to store them) been and bought a couple of cardis and done the Boots shop which is always exciting. I want to get everything done, because I just wont have time soon.

We are watching HP & Goblet of Fire today ... must be getting close lol!

We've started getting wedding presents already, which I find weird ... there's 3 weeks to go people! And because we've asked for money they are getting opened ... feels very strange.

Only thing I really need to organise is the ceremony music, which I can't decide on as everything sounds cheesy! Its the first dance dilemma again, I didn't want anything cheesy and overly "romantic" so we are having The Wannadies - the You & me song :-)

Anyway, really must get on with these favours! Catch ya later!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread