Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 18, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
themadhaggis
I want to go now!

Thanks for the advice, called and asked for guest care and they did have availability but unfortunately only for garden view rooms, not a standard room so the cost to move was going to be £392
themadhaggis is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve had two snarky replies from disney advising me to talk to my travel agent in regards to my concerns. I pointed out twice now that my issues are with their resort and you’re still avoiding answering my complaints, so until they do I will continue to email them. 😤
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by themadhaggis View Post
Thanks for the advice, called and asked for guest care and they did have availability but unfortunately only for garden view rooms, not a standard room so the cost to move was going to be £392
eek

at least you know.

p

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by themadhaggis View Post
I called yesterday and was told there was no availability to move to POR for a family of 5. I wonder if there have been some cancellations or something
What are your travel dates? We get to Disney 23rd July staying for 11 nights as we are doing NYC first then flying down, I have been POR 3 times and only picked CBR as needed a room for 5 and wanted a change, but we were under the impression the food court would be reopen, due to it not being we decided we needed to do something so sent an email asking to be moved due to this not being what we had thought we were booking. I sent the email to WDTC guest care email address and all of the big wig email addresses were ccd in, I sent this on Saturday and received a phone call with an offer of POR on Monday even though on the website it says there is no availability. Dale in guest services can access other rooms sometimes and managed to do this for us for 2 rooms, we decided last night to change, Dale rang me back today as was he was unavailable last night and as promised he has moved us. So if I was you I would either send an email asking to be moved or ring and ask to be put through to them, fingers crossed for you
Southern Dunes Villas 2001, Disney All Star Music 2008, 2010, 2012, Disney POR & Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise 2014, NYC & Disney POR 2015, Disney POR 2016, Cape Coral, Keys & Disney CSR 2017, NYC & Disney POR 2018, Sol Terra Resort Villa, Pardise Cove Wedding & Disney CSR Honeymoon 2019

Edited at 07:56 PM.
jacimac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Yes everything I have read has always said only AB sleep 5 as the mansions don’t have the pull down bed. Wherever you are at least you will have a fab foodcourt and won’t have a view of cranes 😊 .
Exactly! I couldn't face staying there with all of that going on and no food court or other amenities, such as shop for browsing etc, even though we usually try different resorts restaurants or Disney Springs we still like to eat breakfast at the resort and sometimes need to eat at the resort if we have other plans in the evening. We are relieved we have switched and if we are in alligator bayou that will be fine and we will make the most of it🙂
Southern Dunes Villas 2001, Disney All Star Music 2008, 2010, 2012, Disney POR & Bahamas Disney Dream Cruise 2014, NYC & Disney POR 2015, Disney POR 2016, Cape Coral, Keys & Disney CSR 2017, NYC & Disney POR 2018, Sol Terra Resort Villa, Pardise Cove Wedding & Disney CSR Honeymoon 2019

Edited at 08:15 PM.
jacimac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
jacimac
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by ThinkLikeTink View Post
Honestly feel like we are banging our heads against a brick wall with this. The whole situation is stressing us out, no one is taking responsibility for this being missold & apparently our only option is move & incur financial loss (even when moving to value). We should be planning & looking forward to it & instead it's just this massive black cloud hanging over us at the minute! A move to CS would cost us the least, at £50 per room apparently which I'm still fuming about, but that kind of feels like jumping from one frying pan into another - the only pro being the food court seems to be operational, so maybe the lesser of two evils? Any thoughts?
If I was you I would jump at the chance of moving to CS, that is where we wanted to move to but they don't do rooms for 5, they apparently have suites which sleep 6 so we could have done that and a room for 4 but I was told this wasn't possible? Anyway we stayed there last July/Aug and this is now my favourite resort out of all of them, the refurbishment was in full swing when we were there and we were not affected at all, rooms in Casitas 1 and 2 were being refurbished and some of the Ranchos were being refurbished, no noise noted at all and rarely saw anything going on even though it was. We were in a standard room for 4 in Casitas 4 and literally walked out of room and about 5 steps to the quiet pool which was quite large for a quiet pool, the food court is great and never busy. Granted now they are further on with the new tower and the new restaurant but that will not affect your stay at all, if you do switch I would request a room in Casitas 4/5 to be away from any of the building work or even in the Ranchos the closest area to the building work when we were there was the cabanas, hope this helps

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Old 1 Mar 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by damaged View Post
I’ve had two snarky replies from disney advising me to talk to my travel agent in regards to my concerns. I pointed out twice now that my issues are with their resort and you’re still avoiding answering my complaints, so until they do I will continue to email them. 😤
I can’t remember, who did you book with? Was Kathy not able to help?
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
I can’t remember, who did you book with? Was Kathy not able to help?
I booked with Florida Escapes. Kathy replied saying she couldn’t, but I think she was confused who I had booked with, I replied to her saying that and have heard nothing back from her since
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by damaged View Post
I booked with Florida Escapes. Kathy replied saying she couldn’t, but I think she was confused who I had booked with, I replied to her saying that and have heard nothing back from her since
Of course I remember now. I think Kathy deals with the large tour operators. I booked with Orlando attractions and I think they have to deal with dale same as if I’d booked direct so Florida escapes might be the same.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Iv been reading this post with interest. We have moved to the cbr so accommodate our family from ssr. I'm not sure what to make of it all. After watching plenty of vlogs the opinion on most of them is it won't have an impact on your holiday. Most people on here are concerned that the whole resort is a building site. Looking at videos this week it appears only in one section of the resort. Has anybody posted on here a recent visit. I'm not sure whether to change again or ignore the worries people are expressing.
Speaking to Disney they said they have placed extra drinks machines and provided a food area in most sections. As well as a buffet tent which recent bloggers have said provide the best breakfasts anywhere on Disney. So the jury is out, hope some recent visitors post their opinion.

Edited at 01:28 PM.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread