Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 17 Aug 19, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

New England Boston-Acadia Intro and travel day

Hi,
Welcome to my trip report. I haven’t had much success in completing reports, I’m good at the pre-trip but then I usually stall. However I have made a notes for everyday of our trip so hopefully I can get this written up and hopefully if it helps anyone out then brilliant.

Intro’s

Me- Jennifer (43) teacher by day holiday planner by night.

DH Chris (45) surveyor and football fan

DS1 Thomas (11) just finished Primary school. Loves Everton and magic. Thomas is very gentle and loving but does have his moments.

DS 2 Ben (7) will have his birthday during the trip. Crazy wild child but very cuddly. Lives and breathes playing football.

The trip: a three centre 14 night trip starting in Boston and ending in NYC.
I booked the flights through Virgin at Christmas and got a great price £1400 Man-Bos on the way out and Bos-JFK-man on the way home. I booked three hotels via Booking.com and we are staying in an Airbnb in Acadia. Me and Chris have visited Boston before but the rest of the trip is new places for us.
We had an amazing Easter trip to Anaheim, Grand Canyon and San Diego so it’s our 2nd trip across the pond this year.

Travel day. Saturday 27th July 2019

We got the train to Manchester airport from our local train station. Using our family railcard the ticket was £16.50 single. It was cheaper to get two singles rather than an open return. The train was very busy as it’s a local train but we got seats. Arrived at the airport around 11.30.
Check in was straight forward and we quickly got through security. We had put all the electronics in one bag to make life easier for us. We marched through duty free and headed towards the food outlets. Everywhere was crazy busy. We went to Burger King and ordered via the machine and then waited and waited and waited. It was insane and so slow. Lots of unhappy people. The till broke and there was only one drink machine working. After 30 mins we got our food. Not much to write home about but it was hot. Went to WHSmith and bought some sweets then sat and waited to board.
We began boarding about 2.40ish we were Special assistance. I’m not sure why maybe due to the age of a Ben. Anyway we got on quickly and found our seats. We were sat in twos.

I was with Thomas.
We departed on time 15.10 and the flight was fine. I watched a few films, as did the boys. Chris listened to music. The food was ok and I had two gins and red wine with dinner.
We arrived at 5.10 and I was very impressed with Boston airport. We were through immigration in 15 minutes despite not being able to use the machines. We collected our bags and headed for the courtesy buses to the T station. We bought our tickets with a bit of help. Kids travel free with adults.
Our hotel was a 25 minute trip away. I was a bit apprehensive about its location after reading reviews but it turned out fine. We had a short walk from the T station and arrived at the Doubletree Boston bayside. Check in was straight forward. We all showered and changed and unpacked a few bits. We then went back out into Boston to get some food as we were all starving by now. We decided to go to the Italian area of Boston and we found a great pizza joint. It didn’t look much from the outside but the pizza was fab. We had one pizza and two drinks between us for $20. Great value.

Ben was getting upset now as he was very tired.

We headed back to the hotel and were in bed for 10pm asleep by 10.01pm. A great travel day
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:03 AM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great travel day!

We are staying at Doubletree Boston Bayside in October as I think they have a free shuttle to the cruise port; I didn't realise it was so easy to get to from the airport.

The boys did well staying awake so late on travel day. Pizza & drinks was a bargain!
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post
Great travel day!

We are staying at Doubletree Boston Bayside in October as I think they have a free shuttle to the cruise port; I didn't realise it was so easy to get to from the airport.

The boys did well staying awake so late on travel day. Pizza & drinks was a bargain!

The T isn’t direct it did involve two changes. However the hotel will collect you from the airport if you pre-arrange it. Hope that helps
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great first day! 😁 Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip as we did this in May and adored Maine and Acadia. Will get back to doing my report once the computer is back from computer hospital!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jengibbo View Post
The T isn’t direct it did involve two changes. However the hotel will collect you from the airport if you pre-arrange it. Hope that helps
Really helpful THANK YOU!
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by anji View Post
Great first day! 😁 Looking forward to reading the rest of your trip as we did this in May and adored Maine and Acadia. Will get back to doing my report once the computer is back from computer hospital!
I read your report beforehand and got some great ideas from it so thank you.
Old 18 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jengibbo View Post
I read your report beforehand and got some great ideas from it so thank you.
That's great - glad it helped! We had 3 nights in Boston at the end of the trip.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List